Back to Leadership Through Social Influence

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership Through Social Influence by Northwestern University

This course will provide learners with a systematic general framework for analyzing persuasive influence situations. Learners will be able to identify different challenges faced by persuaders and to fashion appropriate strategies for addressing those challenges. The broad goal is to provide learners with not only an extensive persuasion tool kit, but also with an understanding of how different tools are useful in different situations. Specifically, the course will address four broad topics: strategies for influencing people’s personal attitudes; strategies for affecting social factors influencing behavior; strategies for affecting people’s perceived ability to undertake the desired behavior; and strategies for inducing people to act on their existing intentions....

PD
Feb 14, 2021

I enjoyed this course. The layout of 4 weekly sessions and short, clear and concise videos was very beneficia. I feel like I learned something useful and that's always a good thing. Thank you!

DK
Jul 29, 2018

I found Professor O’Keefe's insights and his storytelling to be highly engaging. His videos helped me see new ways I can help my colleagues seize new opportunities to help our team. Thank you.

76 - 100 of 275 Reviews for Leadership Through Social Influence

By Mike T

Nov 14, 2020

Short, sweet, and straightforward loaded with the tools necessary to persuade and lead people.

By Victoria N

Apr 24, 2020

This is course is great, not too long and gives you theorical tools to improve your leadership

By Danmai J

Feb 1, 2020

Gives me a new perspective for influencing people, valuable to learn with many vivid examples.

By Mr. A T R

May 7, 2020

great course! very important topic in management and life, explained in a yet challenging way

By Ryan B

Nov 27, 2019

Providing concrete examples in every topic is really a good technique in teaching. Thank you!

By Wen S F

Oct 16, 2020

Great tools and broken down to easy to understand pieces. Well done! I enjoyed it very much.

By Mora d S

Riveting! So useful for working with anyone, whether it is colleagues, clients, or children.

By Cristopher A E

Nov 8, 2018

All you need to be a better Social Influence Leader!!! THANK YOU Professor Daniel J. O'Keefe

By Memory. O

Oct 14, 2020

Really enjoyed this course, extensive examples and citation for further reading. Thank you

By Terry R

Mar 6, 2021

I learned so much from this leadership class. It will definitely help me lead my nurses

By Andressa A P

Apr 6, 2020

Very good tools, explained in a short and concise way. The professor is very engaging.

By ramon s

Quizzes are very difficult. Perhaps a peer graded activity would be more appropriate.

By Inés K

Jun 4, 2020

Great course, clear and concise, with examples illustrating the ideas. I loved it.

By Jerry S

Oct 10, 2020

Fantastic. A great framework for formulating influence strategies. Top tier info.

By Assan A

Jan 16, 2021

A great course, the leadership topic developed via influencing people's behavior

By David A

Nov 18, 2018

One of the most interesting and well put together Coursera classes I have taken.

By Ana C M

Dec 24, 2018

This course was excellent! i loved how it was taught - very Dynamic! Thank you!

By Sandra M V C

Feb 20, 2018

Encontré información poderosa que desconocía en su clasificación y aplicación.

By Alyssa L

Dec 29, 2020

A straightforward course with awesome content. I enjoyed learning! Thank you.

By Rafael C d N

Oct 16, 2021

the best module of the course. since I done it I'm applying in my daily work

By Ryan M

Sep 18, 2020

It is good overall, my only suggestion is to give more visual illustration.

By Oluwaseye A

Jul 7, 2020

The course lecturer was as simplistic as possible. Very relatable approach.

By Christian F

Feb 4, 2017

Very interesting course. Professor is really intelligent and great teacher!

Feb 25, 2016

Excellent course for anyone looking to stay abreast social media/influence.

By Shokoufeh S

Jan 2, 2020

I truly Enjoyed learning at Northwestern! Looking forward to more courses.