Back to Leadership Through Social Influence

Leadership Through Social Influence, Northwestern University

About this Course

This course will provide learners with a systematic general framework for analyzing persuasive influence situations. Learners will be able to identify different challenges faced by persuaders and to fashion appropriate strategies for addressing those challenges. The broad goal is to provide learners with not only an extensive persuasion tool kit, but also with an understanding of how different tools are useful in different situations. Specifically, the course will address four broad topics: strategies for influencing people’s personal attitudes; strategies for affecting social factors influencing behavior; strategies for affecting people’s perceived ability to undertake the desired behavior; and strategies for inducing people to act on their existing intentions....

By DK

Jul 30, 2018

I found Professor O’Keefe's insights and his storytelling to be highly engaging. His videos helped me see new ways I can help my colleagues seize new opportunities to help our team. Thank you.

By B

Apr 17, 2019

Amazing course! The teacher is great and highly skilled. There is a lot of example from studies to help you understand course concepts. The course is crystal clear and really easy to follow.

90 Reviews

By Bernard De Villepin

Apr 17, 2019

By Jennifer Agacy

Mar 15, 2019

I enjoyed this session as I did the previous ones as well.

By Derek Stevens

Mar 13, 2019

Would like to see peer reviewed sections.

By hudaalawais

Mar 08, 2019

Excellent course

By Michal Ziaja

Feb 06, 2019

I was very sceptical about this one as I’ve gone through Belfort’s Straight Line Persuasion, J. B. Peterson’s lectures and reads on persuasion, Mark Bowden’s “Winning body language”, Cialdini’s “Influence” and many, many more. Persuasion and influence are my passion. I thought what else can there be the afore mentioned haven’t covered yet. Well, I am glad I tried it out as information given during the course is incredibly useful and helpful at work and life in general. The material is clear, with a lot of examples so you can easily implement it in your daily routine right away. Influencing people will be easier for you after this course. 100% satisfied!

By Deleted Account

Jan 14, 2019

Very useful and interesting course. It is very well recommended for others to participate in the course.

By Sadhu kirtanpriyadas

Jan 07, 2019

I learned some good techniques in this course

By Ana Carolina Maguire

Dec 24, 2018

This course was excellent! i loved how it was taught - very Dynamic! Thank you!

By Haseena Kakar

Dec 06, 2018

Extremely concise and relevant material. Thank you for providing us the opportunity to learn while staying back at hoe.

By David Almassian

Nov 18, 2018

One of the most interesting and well put together Coursera classes I have taken.