Back to Leadership Through Social Influence

Leadership Through Social Influence, Northwestern University

About this Course

This course will provide learners with a systematic general framework for analyzing persuasive influence situations. Learners will be able to identify different challenges faced by persuaders and to fashion appropriate strategies for addressing those challenges. The broad goal is to provide learners with not only an extensive persuasion tool kit, but also with an understanding of how different tools are useful in different situations. Specifically, the course will address four broad topics: strategies for influencing people’s personal attitudes; strategies for affecting social factors influencing behavior; strategies for affecting people’s perceived ability to undertake the desired behavior; and strategies for inducing people to act on their existing intentions....

By DK

Jul 30, 2018

I found Professor O’Keefe's insights and his storytelling to be highly engaging. His videos helped me see new ways I can help my colleagues seize new opportunities to help our team. Thank you.

By TH

Feb 03, 2016

Excellent, the entire presentation held together well. It built on itself and the result was a cohesive sense of understanding. This is how it's done, Northwestern. This is how it's done.

82 Reviews

By Haseena Kakar

Dec 06, 2018

Extremely concise and relevant material. Thank you for providing us the opportunity to learn while staying back at hoe.

By David Almassian

Nov 18, 2018

One of the most interesting and well put together Coursera classes I have taken.

By Maxim Tornov

Nov 11, 2018

Simply great!

By Cristopher Arvizu Enriquez

Nov 08, 2018

All you need to be a better Social Influence Leader!!! THANK YOU Professor Daniel J. O'Keefe

By Utku Kocak

Oct 31, 2018

Little brief but with full of insights. The only thing that is missing I think is tools that could be useful when we are dealing with ego and trying to convince people when we want somebody to stop a certain behavior.

By Tiemo von Hinckeldey

h

o

u

g

h very different to the other cources in the organizational leadership module. It provides great insight and simultaneously gives a rich set of tools.

By Husam Abdulghani Abdulwahab Nujaim

Oct 10, 2018

Useful information and strategies presented.

By Deepak Peter Alvares Rodricks

Oct 09, 2018

Excellent

By David Klatt

Jul 30, 2018

By Wang Zhiyi

Jul 29, 2018

A very inspiring course, not only providing a great toolbox for leaders, but also people who try to communicate and convince others.