Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

MI

Oct 03, 2015

This is an amazing class. It makes my professional life easy as well as my personal life. Everybody should take this class, and also the teachers are brilliant about all subjects that we see in class.

GA

Jul 21, 2017

Really useful insights had been provided by this course. No price can be put on this valuable resource. It's beyond anything valuable. Thank you very much for making this course. God Bless Everyone :)

126 - 150 of 13,265 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Amine B

Amazing!!

This is what high schools and colleges should make mandatory as a first course for every year of any

curriculum.

By Neetal P

Dec 12, 2018

Great instructors and very useful information. Every student should learn these methodologies!

By Alberto L

Dec 10, 2018

Amazingly useful, a must for everyone at any age.

By Dương N

Thanks so much

By Michael S

Dec 10, 2018

This course is fantastic, it has opened up my creative side and although it is early days, I believe it can only get better. Having completed the course, a lot of the material feels familiar to me, possibly because it makes so much sense. I believe that it will help me in many areas of my life.

By Tiago F d S

Dec 10, 2018

A great course that helps you to improve your ability to learn new things, improve your time management and to gain more confidence.

By Arnav K

Dec 11, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and found the lessons to be invaluable. I have always been very curious and an enthusiastic learner but never approached my learning in a strategic fashion. This course has equipped me with many tools to improve the efficiency and efficacy of my learning which I have already begun to implement. Barabara Oakley is also a wonderful course director!

By Marius V

Dec 10, 2018

This course is well worth your time. Highly recommended!

By Dunja A

Dec 12, 2018

This course is very useful for re-establishing what you already know about learning, for grasping fresh and new ideas and perspectives on learning and it is also useful for establishing a new "learning practice" or breaking bad learning habits. I have enjoyed it and I highly recommend it!

By Andrew M

Very interesting course.

By Robert H

Dec 10, 2018

Quite addictive this course. I loved it and its so useful and applicable. The material, videos and exercises, is really inspiring to me. Thank you Barbara, Terry and your team !

By Carmen M J A

Dec 11, 2018

I think it's a very interesting course, which gives tools to be able to learn better. it also explains how the brain works in an easy way to make changes.

By Мария К

Dec 11, 2018

Искала материал по теме как победить прокрастинацию. Данный курс очень сильно помог. Спасибо тем, кто приложил к нему руку. Очень понравилась Barbara Oakley. Буду искать другие курсы, соавтором которых она является

By Mouade R

Nov 25, 2018

i wish to all of you live this experience

By Ilya G

Nov 26, 2018

This course is amazing! It provides a scientifically supported practical toolkit for successful learning. I wish I could learn it before my academic studies because it would definitely make my life easier and my learning experience more effective and relaxed. Fortunately, now I can share it with my children and also use some insights for achieving my career goals and "sharpening the saw". Thanks a lot, Barb and Terry!

By Jorge A

Nov 26, 2018

First of all, thanks for everything, Coursera!! I can't even put it into words how much what I've learned here is helping me! I'd like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart! I'm simply overwhelmed with many things I simply had no idea that could be blocking my learning path! I can't wait to see the other coursera's videos!

Thanks for the knowledge!!

Best wishes!!

By MD. R A

Nov 25, 2018

Its really a more than five star course to upgrade you memory and learning.

By Muhammad A

Nov 26, 2018

One of the best to help you out how to over come learning problems

By Oussama o

It was awesome

By Stefanie L

Nov 24, 2018

I am very impressed by the course material and how overqualified the instructors are, dedicating their time to provide students with a wealth of information at no cost. There is a sincere motive behind their teachings and if one truly engages in the class, they too will uncover hidden potential within their brain.

By Ibrahim B

Nov 25, 2018

Very interesting course and materials, great instructors.

I just loved this course

By Nazariy V

Nov 24, 2018

This course taught me helpful technics to handle procrastination and getting the work done more productively. I recommend it for everyone who has problems with studying.

By Reilley L

Nov 27, 2018

The material is presented in a pretty interesting manner. I very much so like the format with the shorter videos instead of huge, 45 minute videos that can't be finished in one sitting. Much thanks to Dr. Oakley and Dr. Sejnowski.

By Andrea B

Great course!!

By Muhammad U Y

Dec 13, 2018

Very nice, it is a unique course and gives good introduction to the topic of learning based on solid research, highly recommended to attend this course for learning life long learning and teaching skills.