Back to Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress by Yale University

Developed by the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress will provide participants with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to understand and manage their emotions and those of their students. The 10-hour online course is designed for school staff, including teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors, principals, and non-teaching staff in preK-12 schools....

LW
Dec 3, 2021

I'm not a teacher, but you don't need to become one to enroll. It has thought me so much as a student. Emotional Intelligence is an important life skill, and this course is an amazing starter kit.

MB
Mar 10, 2021

The tools, language and resources shared in this course were very helpful in improving my well being and learning how to become a person that can help colleagues and most importantly our students.

301 - 325 of 343 Reviews for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

By Sandra M D

Aug 15, 2021

By LUZ M Z L

Jun 23, 2021

El contenido que se maneja durante el curso es valioso, sustentado, optimista, útil y necesario para estos momentos en los que es muy cercano el momento de volver a los salones de clases y encontrarnos con estudiantes que estuvieron en casa durante más de un ciclo escolar sin convivir con chicos de su edad de secundaria.

He tenido la oportunidad de enriquecerme con herramientas y estrategias que prometen el manejo adecuado de emociones desde el proceso de su identificación hasta su regulación con estrategias útiles para el aprendizaje y el crecimiento personal, mismo que podrá adecuarse por los maestros en la escuela como por los mismos estudiantes en su entorno social y cultural.

By Vijay G

May 3, 2021

This is a good course and has much to teach on the topic of emotional intelligence. My reasons for taking off one start is that it does not elaborate on RULER - the research-backed approach that Marc has developed to operationalise emotional and social Intelligence. I badly wanted to learn about RULER and for this I need to be an educator and enrol at the Yale Center along with 2 others.

I am a therapist with an individual practice. It looks like there is no way I can learn directly online about RULER. That is very disappointing for me. I really wish they create a separate online course on RULER for individuals like me who are not part of a school

By S. Z

Oct 23, 2021

The course provides some basic knowledge of emotions.

What I enjoyed:

1. A very timely topic and key skill to learn

2. A quick and easy way to get familiar with the topics

What I think could be improved:

1. It seems to focus on a school (teacher/student) dynamic

2. Going deeper on the "how". For example, how do people better recognize and understand their own emotions? What exercises and practices can we do to improve our skill in that area?

Thanks for putting the course together!

By Sujatha R

May 14, 2021

I am glad to have done this course during one of the most traumatic times that we live in across the world and especilly in India. This course helped me manage my own emotions better while trying to view the others' emotions in proper perspective. The concepts that are taught in the course are practical and useful. Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to put together one of the most relevant courses for one and all, at this point in time.

By Sabah G

Aug 25, 2021

i really loved the way this coure was built, not only did i enjoy it ,but i also benefited from it a lot, i use the information i have learned in my every day life now, it has deffintly improved me a as person. actually ,now i have yale as a future college in mind becaue of the principals and the techniques of it. thank you

By Alexander C

Dec 24, 2020

Great topic! I have some minor feedback on how to make the course better but in general the content is presented in a useful way that can keep the learner engaged. There are valuable tools and strategies for a teacher working with students that are shared in this course.

By Karen B

Apr 16, 2021

I feel that this course was very helpful and informative. I feel that I will use the strategies that were taught in this course, for work, and in my personal life as well.

By Linda B

Mar 17, 2021

I thought this course provided some useful information on how to control one's emotions and that of students. It shows promise in promoting emotional regulation.

By Barbara J K

Feb 24, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed learn all their was to learn in the first part of the course. The second part were more strategies to support/build on with the first part.

By Mik S

Apr 18, 2021

I think there should be more material on various techniques some scenarios for roleplay among students that would pick the interests of the students.

By Barbara A

Feb 16, 2021

Even though this course is targeted to teachers (and I'm not one), I learned so many strategies and important things I can apply in my daily life.

By Jacob C

Oct 3, 2021

G​ood, but needed more deadlines. I fell behind somewhat and rushed near the end to meet the final deadline.

By LINDA N

Dec 28, 2020

timely, reflectvie tool for educators and anone who supports the developemnt of our youth.

By Brad W

Jan 13, 2022

Was very helpful for understanding the emotional part of the students point of view.

By PRAGNYA P

Jan 13, 2021

It was an amazing session for me. There were so many things to learn and revise.

By Nadezhda Z

Jan 18, 2021

Thank you for this course. It is very important things you're talking about

By Nitu B

Jun 13, 2021

It is an outstanding course to give an insight into SEL and how it can help

By Irma R

Oct 14, 2021

The material was very interesting and the presentation simple to follow.

By Starr P

Dec 21, 2021

This is very helpful,especially with my student I'm working with.

By Debra H

Feb 15, 2021

This course took much more than 10 hours to complete.

By Elizabeth P

Feb 11, 2021

Quizzes are hard but I've learned a lot about SEL.

By Hopal M

Jan 8, 2021

Simple, easy to follow, practical course.

By amber y

Dec 15, 2021

G​reat course for emotion management

By Beatriz A G

Oct 23, 2021

helpful but too much theorical