Back to Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress by Yale University

Developed by the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress will provide participants with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to understand and manage their emotions and those of their students. The 10-hour online course is designed for school staff, including teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors, principals, and non-teaching staff in preK-12 schools....

DW

Mar 17, 2022

The course was outstanding. Many of the techniiques outlined in the course I have been using for years. I was refreshing and I will continue to use these practices in my school leadership capacity.

LW

Dec 3, 2021

I'm not a teacher, but you don't need to become one to enroll. It has thought me so much as a student. Emotional Intelligence is an important life skill, and this course is an amazing starter kit.

401 - 425 of 456 Reviews for Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress

By Julie E

Apr 21, 2022

Hi Coursera and Yale Online Classes! This class was so good and led me to the best goal of being someone committed to and dealing with assisting with emotional regulation in children, and check-ins for our own as teachers, aides, parents, and facilitators. Life avails and leaves open opportunities for "reactions", i.e. and what about when kids watch the news? It's gonna happen. Do we need regulation on the habits we take up; including ruminating over world news, and what we can't control, but perhaps don't leave out what we can control.

By Zhen P

Mar 2, 2022

The course provides detailed information about how to manage our own emtions and help to regulate students' emotions so that they can study better. Although all the course materials are easy to understand, the problem is how to take all the strategies into daily routines and make a difference. I guess to take actions is always more effective than to know the facts. Thank you for offering me the chance to take the course. I am grateful and I will try to make a difference in my own life and work.

By Maria H

Apr 24, 2022

​I learnt that being consistent with the strategies can help us achieve greater well-being and support the goals we set for ourselves. The action and thought strategies are excellent way to begin our mental and physical health routine. It builds a strong foundation for managing your emotions and leading to a happier and healthier life.

By Sabah G

Aug 25, 2021

i really loved the way this coure was built, not only did i enjoy it ,but i also benefited from it a lot, i use the information i have learned in my every day life now, it has deffintly improved me a as person. actually ,now i have yale as a future college in mind becaue of the principals and the techniques of it. thank you

By Alexander C

Dec 24, 2020

Great topic! I have some minor feedback on how to make the course better but in general the content is presented in a useful way that can keep the learner engaged. There are valuable tools and strategies for a teacher working with students that are shared in this course.

By Karen B

Apr 16, 2021

I feel that this course was very helpful and informative. I feel that I will use the strategies that were taught in this course, for work, and in my personal life as well.

By Linda B

Mar 17, 2021

I thought this course provided some useful information on how to control one's emotions and that of students. It shows promise in promoting emotional regulation.

By Barbara J K

Feb 24, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed learn all their was to learn in the first part of the course. The second part were more strategies to support/build on with the first part.

By Mik S

Apr 18, 2021

I think there should be more material on various techniques some scenarios for roleplay among students that would pick the interests of the students.

By Barbara A

Feb 16, 2021

Even though this course is targeted to teachers (and I'm not one), I learned so many strategies and important things I can apply in my daily life.

By Jennifer H

Feb 4, 2022

Very informative, helped my recognize how my emotions can affect others, and being aware that others maybe feeling the sameway.

By sanaullah z

Feb 20, 2022

the course containts were helpfull if possible to add little more practical work videos will add more positive effects

By Jacob C

Oct 3, 2021

G​ood, but needed more deadlines. I fell behind somewhat and rushed near the end to meet the final deadline.

By LINDA N

Dec 28, 2020

timely, reflectvie tool for educators and anone who supports the developemnt of our youth.

By Brad W

Jan 13, 2022

Was very helpful for understanding the emotional part of the students point of view.

By Trần T M Y

May 13, 2022

Very well-prepared lesson plans, easy for anyone to learn and apply to daily use.

By PRAGNYA P

Jan 13, 2021

It was an amazing session for me. There were so many things to learn and revise.

By Rajeev J

Apr 29, 2022

very apt article, definitely will help in improving upon my emotions balancing

By Nadezhda Z

Jan 18, 2021

Thank you for this course. It is very important things you're talking about

By Nitu B

Jun 13, 2021

It is an outstanding course to give an insight into SEL and how it can help

By Irma R

Oct 14, 2021

The material was very interesting and the presentation simple to follow.

By Dr. S J

May 6, 2022

V​ery insightful and liberating to lesrn about self and others.....

By Starr P

Dec 21, 2021

This is very helpful,especially with my student I'm working with.

By Debra H

Feb 15, 2021

This course took much more than 10 hours to complete.

By Elizabeth P

Feb 11, 2021

Quizzes are hard but I've learned a lot about SEL.