Back to Introduction to Mathematical Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Mathematical Thinking by Stanford University

Learn how to think the way mathematicians do – a powerful cognitive process developed over thousands of years. Mathematical thinking is not the same as doing mathematics – at least not as mathematics is typically presented in our school system. School math typically focuses on learning procedures to solve highly stereotyped problems. Professional mathematicians think a certain way to solve real problems, problems that can arise from the everyday world, or from science, or from within mathematics itself. The key to success in school math is to learn to think inside-the-box. In contrast, a key feature of mathematical thinking is thinking outside-the-box – a valuable ability in today’s world. This course helps to develop that crucial way of thinking....

PD

Jun 30, 2020

It has help evaluate what I put into decision in any applicable context. Since I've noted what decision I make and how outcome can be made to vary when I consider all components in a isolated manner.

AM

Nov 24, 2019

It was an amazing course! Lots of interesting content. The content is also explained really well, i found it really easy to understand. The assessments are a little challenging, but reasonably sized.

201 - 225 of 457 Reviews for Introduction to Mathematical Thinking

By Dave B

Oct 16, 2017

Great course. Fun and engaging. Drives home the importance of using precise language.

By Charles C

Mar 11, 2017

I loved this course. I was afraid of proofs and now feel confident in writing my own.

By Lu

Jun 25, 2020

Excellent Course, great explanations by Keith and fun assignments! I've learnt a lot.

By Kartik B P

Jul 03, 2017

There is a lot of stress on thinking over mechanically doing. Very enjoyable course.

By Azad S

Apr 17, 2017

Great course. I think everyone irrespective of their majors should take this course.

By Tharindu M

Apr 16, 2020

Excellent course for anyone to improve college level mathematics to the next level.

By Tate R

May 14, 2018

I learned about a lot of symbols, and now I am introduced to mathematical thinking.

By Umad P

Jun 02, 2020

This is a really good course and very structured and the community is really nice!

By Chris V

Jul 16, 2018

Wonderful course for students transitioning into the deeper parts of mathematics.

By Rahul M

May 07, 2018

good course. Can even be an intro to discrete mathematics for computer scientists

By Matthew P

Mar 23, 2017

Great course! I enjoyed the course very much. Learned a lot about writing proofs.

By patrice m

Dec 31, 2018

Interesting and easy to follow . But serious work required . Not for the lazy...

By Danilo D L P

May 11, 2017

Very complex, but very interesting. Worthwhile the time and dedication invested.

By Subika H

Sep 01, 2019

extremely useful and helpful, actively feeds my curiosity regarding mathematics

By Amashi N

Apr 26, 2019

I am no longer unable to access the course through the app though. Please help!

By JORGE E M L V

Mar 12, 2019

Lo recomiendo mucho ya que aprenderás y desarrollarás el pensamiento matemático

By Miguel O

Jun 25, 2017

I really enjoy the clarity of the explanations. Good material too. Amazing job.

By Joshia S

May 15, 2017

Good materials to give an introductory overview of mathematics in universities.

By Ankur K

Apr 09, 2017

A highly motivated introduction to how mathematicians think, analyse and write!

By Akarsh R

Sep 17, 2020

It changing my thinking towards understanding mathematics from another aspect.

By Zhiyin Y

Jul 01, 2020

Very useful, especially for students who have just graduated from high school.

By Marcelo L S

Jan 28, 2019

It is a very didactic course,. I wish I had concluded it earlier in my career.

By Matheus A

Sep 13, 2017

muito bom,esse professor explica muito bem e os assuntos são bem estruturados

By Bob S

May 11, 2017

This is a great course, especially the first four weeks. Highly recommended.

By SRI V K D

Nov 14, 2019

the informational and best course to strengthen ur core skill in mathematics