Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL

Jun 02, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

KN

Apr 16, 2018

I am an incoming medical student here in the Philippines and this course has provided me with enough background about the human body and the underlying machinery of every system associated with it.

251 - 275 of 403 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

By Zsófia S

Sep 27, 2015

I really liked this course. It was interesting and clear, and helped me so much to understand the basics of physiology and refresh my past knowledge.

By CARLOS E C

Jan 17, 2017

Excelente curso

By Matías C

Mar 16, 2018

Epic

By Anastasiia N

Oct 23, 2015

The effect of this course in understanding the body physiology and understanding the terminology of other courses can be compared to learning to read. Now I can take other, more specialized courses without having to Google every other word and actually understand the processes they're talking about instead of simply memorizing them.

Especially, now that I am taking several other courses, I have the opportunity to appreciate the depth clever systematic approach to explain such complex processes of our body. Sometimes I got the feeling that I lack some background as many terms used to explain processes were not explained. But that was greatly compensated by teachers' and mentors' participation in the forum and answering questions on every subject. I was amazed that such free course offers the luxury of teachers replying to your questions, and this actually motivated me to study even more diligently. And yes, come up with new questions :) By the end of the course not all my questions were answered, but on the other side, without this course I never would even think of asking those questions about work of human body! Such great interest and inquiry have you wakened in me, thank you very much!

I would like to note that the course used a wonderful array of tools to create understanding of the subject. One of the best was storytelling by Dr. Jakoi. Stories in the best way to learn as theoretical information is related to real-life situations, and in fact, I remembered all stories that she told, like stories about her son who had high parasympathetic tone, about guy who drank too much water to remove kidney stone, etc. Along with remembering the stories, I remembered the information it was about.

One more thing I would like to note is that I liked your tests and practice quizzes. Not all courses have practice questions after the lessons and it’s excellent way to memorize info. Also, quizzes include tasks of application of knowledge in some practical situations - makes you think and analyze the info to explain real-life phenomena. It’s difficult to correctly reply to such questions only relying on information: you need understanding of the process. In this way, these are excellent quizzes.

So thank you very much for such high quality educative course, it helped me a lot!

By Brent A

Aug 21, 2015

Good course, somewhat more than a basic understanding of biology is needed.

By Gabriela A

Aug 15, 2015

So good.

By Lisa K

Nov 14, 2015

Great course! Hard, I'm learning lots but very well-put together and well delivered. Bravo!

By Jason P

Oct 26, 2015

This course was very informative as I have learned a great deal of information. I also purchased the e-book which has helped guide me and teach me new things.

By ANBUMANI J

Sep 13, 2015

vv useful

By Kryzia P

Aug 19, 2015

Extremely informative

By Lucy L

Jun 02, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.

By Ravi R D

Jan 17, 2017

nice course

By Nebealeksas N

Aug 07, 2015

very precise and always on-the-topic, easy to follow

By Marcelle d C d R

Jan 09, 2016

I Loved!

By Hussein A H

Sep 28, 2015

Awesome course with a lot of benefit knowledge ...

Thank you.

By Maria B M P e S

Jan 13, 2016

Huge help to study for Uni exams!

By Eliezer O

May 12, 2016

Excelente curso

By Gaspar A

Oct 25, 2015

Beautifully organized course. Cannot recommend this enough!

By Victor M

Aug 18, 2017

The course is amazing, and thanks to the lecturers which have done such a great job building up their presentation. By experience, it is rare to find highly qualified researchers who are also ready to share their expertise through well-prepared motivational pedagogy.

Jan 15, 2016

I JUST LIKE THIS COURSE SO MUCH.............

By charlotte m

Jan 17, 2016

i love this course it really pushes me to think about what we are learning and i love to work hard. thank you for designing such a brilliant course for me and my other course friends to learn

By Sanket S

May 18, 2017

Really well taught course. Highly recommended, very useful for me as a nutritionist

By Stephen F

Jul 15, 2017

Enjoyed this very much!

By Steven H

Feb 06, 2018

Wonderfully comprehensive and cohesive. Great prep for MCAT.

By Anna Y