Back to Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods by University of Pennsylvania

4.3

Learners discover how apply to research methods to their study of Positive Psychology. In this course, we study with Dr. Angela Duckworth and Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft. Through an exploration their work "True Grit" and interviews with researchers and practitioners, you develop a research hypothesis and learn how to understand the difference between internal and external validity. You also begin to understand and apply the strengths and weaknesses associated with different types of measurements and evaluation designs. You then interpret the results in an empirical study. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science and Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions....

HW

Jun 25, 2018

Claire you did an AMAZING job having me listen and absorb all about statistics, every class again.. I had never expected I could be so attached to a statistics class. Thank you very much.

ED

Jul 24, 2019

Angela Duckworth is simply incredible. All her video put a smile on my face. And Claire Robertson-Kraft is makes research very comprehensive! Thank you both for this amazing course!

26 - 50 of 176 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods

By Pleasance

Sep 11, 2018

Love these courses!

By Rachel J

Oct 01, 2018

Very challenging! I love this course because research, applying research methods, and understanding (and creating) formulas is not my strength. However,this course was able to break down the topics of grit, character, and research methods in a very user friendly way. Would definitely recommend.

By Manikanta K

Oct 28, 2018

One of the best courses to learn the basics of Research Methods

By Kim Y B

Jul 13, 2018

Very challenging.

By Maria R

Sep 11, 2017

Loved all the information on Grit in this course. I am using the Grit research findings already as I prepare to disseminate it to teachers and parents in the community. Thank you for all your hard work and expertise in conducting the research and in teaching it to us.

By Hiltrud K S

Jul 03, 2018

I have to admit that I had been slightly puzzled in the beginning - I am not a full-time student, in fact I haven't been for almost 30 years, and research methodology appeared a bit too far away from my own reality. But the more I learned the more I understood how relevant the thorough and critical glance at what we sometimes believe to be impacts and results of interventions can be. That this is exactly what differentiates successful from fruitless change initiatives. The course wasn't easy, quite the contrary. But it was worth the effort and really has helped me a lot in my HR endeavors.

By Mabel T

Aug 25, 2017

Great course

By Barbara R

Sep 12, 2017

The instructors make what could be a dry subject into something interesting and applicable.

By Claudia A

Mar 19, 2018

Very helpful to understand research studies and to plan our own. Grit insights by Angela Duckworth are always fantastic. The practical uses from the interviews open new windows in how all this knowledge can be used. Great course!

By Elaine T

Sep 01, 2017

I really learned a lot in the class, more detailed than I imagined. Thank you both for the invaluable instruction!

By Gregorius W

Jun 01, 2018

I think this course is very creative, not only it talk about grit but also to educate people on knowledge about proper scientific research.

By Heleen W

Jun 25, 2018

By Karen P S

Oct 16, 2017

Outstanding course lectures/videos, supporting literature and content. I learned a tremendous amount of new material! Thank you!

By Janka R

Aug 07, 2017

I studied statistics at achelor and MBA level. I am sure finally I understood the essence, the meaning of it :-) Thank you!

By Preston M

Oct 22, 2017

Difficult, but worthwhile.

By Sunita D

Dec 31, 2017

It was very good, briefly explained

By Robin L J

Jan 01, 2018

This course is great for learning about how to discern statistics. Of course, it also includes the research on grit....

By Sameer R

Mar 20, 2018

This course has helped me clarify a lot of things regarding how to be gritty and how to persevere through obstacles.I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn the same.The teachers are tremendous and explain the workings behind the topics in a simple and an easily understandable manner.The reference material is deep and diverse.

By Hernan A

Apr 26, 2018

It was an amazing course. I really learned a lot. Thank you Penn University team!!!

By Mateja V B

Apr 01, 2018

Excellent intro to scientific research... and grit, of course! :)

By JUSTIN C N

Sep 09, 2017

its nice course

By Marcos M C

Dec 11, 2017

An intense course of much reading, but excellent. He reminded me of statistical concepts and demanded more than I thought. I learned a lot how to take the analysis of the studies and mainly the GRIT concept. More than for beginners!

By Srihari

Sep 22, 2017

b

By Pauline T K

Jan 21, 2018

Aprendi mucho, fue un aprendizaje significativo.

By Rodrigo F

Jul 03, 2017

Awesome mix of instructors. Made me understand how research is done. One more step on the positive psychology ladder.