Back to Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods by University of Pennsylvania

4.3

Learners discover how apply to research methods to their study of Positive Psychology. In this course, we study with Dr. Angela Duckworth and Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft. Through an exploration their work "True Grit" and interviews with researchers and practitioners, you develop a research hypothesis and learn how to understand the difference between internal and external validity. You also begin to understand and apply the strengths and weaknesses associated with different types of measurements and evaluation designs. You then interpret the results in an empirical study. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science and Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions....

HW

Jun 25, 2018

Claire you did an AMAZING job having me listen and absorb all about statistics, every class again.. I had never expected I could be so attached to a statistics class. Thank you very much.

ED

Jul 24, 2019

Angela Duckworth is simply incredible. All her video put a smile on my face. And Claire Robertson-Kraft is makes research very comprehensive! Thank you both for this amazing course!

76 - 100 of 173 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods

By Jens H

Jul 21, 2017

Perhaps a tad too many videos and peer-graded assignments but overall highly informative. Thank you for this course!

By Ma l C C

Jul 07, 2018

I learned a lot from this course. It inspired me to conduct a research on well being parents and their parenting style

By Mabel T

Aug 25, 2017

Great course

By Gregorius W

Jun 01, 2018

I think this course is very creative, not only it talk about grit but also to educate people on knowledge about proper scientific research.

By Maria R

Sep 11, 2017

Loved all the information on Grit in this course. I am using the Grit research findings already as I prepare to disseminate it to teachers and parents in the community. Thank you for all your hard work and expertise in conducting the research and in teaching it to us.

By Barbara R

Sep 12, 2017

The instructors make what could be a dry subject into something interesting and applicable.

By Srihari

Sep 22, 2017

b

May 14, 2018

I absolutely loved this course. It was very easily described. Thank you!

By Daniela T S

May 08, 2019

Thank you for a very well structured course presented in a very comprehensive way. The knowledge and skills I acquired during this course are very valuable to me as a career counselor and as a doctoral student. Thank you! :)

By Robert B S M

May 21, 2019

Great course...very informative.

By Marc V H

May 22, 2019

Provides an easy to understand introduction to research methods in the social sciences. Knowing that this is a rather dry topic, the module includes a variety of teaching media to closely tie in the theory with real world practices. Possibly an underestimated module because of the subject matter, but highly valuable to any serious practitioner.

By Elena D

Jul 24, 2019

By Mirsad A

May 18, 2019

Perfect!

By Afolabi O P

Jun 08, 2019

am gaining more knowledge and am improving in statistics. thanks to all my facilitators.

By LaCre' H

Aug 12, 2019

This challenging course taught me about my fear and perseverance and that I received my highest grade through pushing myself in something I knew nothing about before taking it. I procrastinated and did mental gymnastics to discover my strengths and overcome my fear of not being smart enough to finish this module; but I DID IT! Thank you Dr. Angela Duckworth and Dr.Claire Robertson for introducing me to the concepts of statistics and research methods.

The foundations of this course required me to reach beyond my fear and complete this class and gain more confidence than I ever expected of myself!

By Hugo A J C

Aug 15, 2019

excelente grandes herramientas que nos ayudan a comprender mejor la manera de hacer una buena metodologia de hacer hipotesis y verificarlas

By Nelly M C S

Jul 11, 2019

A GOOD AND HELPFUL COURSE

By DaVette B

Jun 12, 2019

Very helpful course. Lots of technical information with fascinating information on GRIT.

By Alessandro G

Sep 25, 2019

only one word WOW

By Derrik G

Sep 27, 2019

love the class. read Angela's book several times as I used resilience in my dissertation years ago and was familiar with the foundational studies. Thank you!

By Leslie S

Oct 04, 2019

Excellent course, the training in research methods was particularly interesting and useful not only for those who might want to do research themselves, but for those who want to evaluate the quality of research and the media's reporting of research.

By Leonor C A C

Nov 18, 2019

Excelente curso. La forma en la que está organizado facilita el aprendizaje de un tema complejo como la Investigación en Psicología Positiva

By Hanny F M

Nov 19, 2019

Claire is truly amazing, she could explain the research design and all related to research in a friendly way so I am able to get a better understanding of research. In addition, she had taught me how to read the research article. I really enjoy taking courses organized by Coursera and for sure this makes me want to visit UPenn as well soon!!