Back to Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods by University of Pennsylvania

4.3

Learners discover how apply to research methods to their study of Positive Psychology. In this course, we study with Dr. Angela Duckworth and Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft. Through an exploration their work "True Grit" and interviews with researchers and practitioners, you develop a research hypothesis and learn how to understand the difference between internal and external validity. You also begin to understand and apply the strengths and weaknesses associated with different types of measurements and evaluation designs. You then interpret the results in an empirical study. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science and Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions....

RW
Dec 27, 2019

Though i have nightmares of research design from my undergraduate career, this puts a neat spin on it and reminds the sheer importance of it. Thanks for the reminder of what is important UPENN!

MW
Oct 23, 2020

It was a wonderful class! While I was expecting something different than learning about research and how to read research papers, that is my fault for putting my expectations on the class.

101 - 125 of 289 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods

By Rebecca D

Apr 3, 2018

I learned more about interpreting journal articles from this course than my graduate level research class.

By William B C

Sep 15, 2017

This course was gritty and deep. I felt appropriately challenged. Highly recommended and worth while.

By HSC

Feb 4, 2018

This course was great. You learn all the fundamentals of research and get a deep dive into grit.

By Libbla K

Dec 18, 2017

Very in depth and thought provoking - putting this into practice will be fascinating. Thank you.

By Donna M

Mar 19, 2018

This course explained research methods in the most "easily" understood I have ever experienced.

By Stephanie S

Mar 20, 2021

Great summary of research methods and interesting insights into Dr. Duckworth's grit research.

By Chompoonuch K

Jan 25, 2021

II’d like to express my deep gratitude for your online course.

This course made me grittier.

By RC R

Jan 16, 2021

Very clear concise and informative teaching from both teachers ! Thank you for being you : )

By Bridget B

Dec 26, 2017

Very helpful in learning the differences between types of studies and how to interpret them.

By Samantha

Aug 5, 2020

Great course. Learned really well the basics of research methods in a very friendly manner.

By Barbara R

Sep 12, 2017

The instructors make what could be a dry subject into something interesting and applicable.

By Andreas D

Jun 7, 2021

Very well strucuted and very exciting videos - thank you for this very insightful course

By DaVette B

Jun 12, 2019

Very helpful course. Lots of technical information with fascinating information on GRIT.

By Afolabi O P

Jun 8, 2019

am gaining more knowledge and am improving in statistics. thanks to all my facilitators.

By Karen M

Jun 29, 2020

This was hard work, but my goodness I learnt a lot of really valuable stuff, thank you!

By Uzma S

Mar 18, 2018

Great course, I love learning so much. Thanks for providing this opportunity on line.

By Jennifer F

Jun 13, 2021

This course was very well put together and I learned a lot of valuable information.

By Italo M

Jan 4, 2020

I think the course was amazing because I got new methods and explore my character!!

By Hernan A

Apr 26, 2018

It was an amazing course. I really learned a lot. Thank you Penn University team!!!

By Huangruisi

Sep 21, 2020

It's a great course for people who are interested in Positive Psychology Research.

By Patrícia M

Sep 8, 2020

MARAVILHOSO!! Curso incrível, contribuiu muito com minha capacitação profissional!

By Sharon H

Jul 23, 2020

I learned a lot. I now look at Research articles and journals in a different view.

By Helena V

Dec 21, 2018

Really good lectures and clear, well structured information about research design.

By Lissette O

Nov 4, 2017

I really enjoyed this course and look forward to reading Dr. Karen Reivich's book.

May 14, 2018

I absolutely loved this course. It was very easily described. Thank you!