Back to Project Management Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management Project by University of California, Irvine

This capstone project is designed to allow you to take the knowledge you have gained through the Specialization and put that knowledge into practice. In the capstone, you will create several of the key planning deliverables that have been discussed in these courses and either work on a project you choose or use a suggested case study. You will begin the capstone project by writing part of the project charter. You will build on that information to define your project, and then ultimately create a schedule, budget and responses for the risks you identify. The goal is for you to use what you have learned in the previous courses and to perform your own research on how to best move forward with the capstone project. Your work will be peer reviewed by your classmates. In turn you will peer review the work of other classmates. Instructions on how to conduct peer reviews will be included in the course. Upon completing this series, you will be able to (1) write a narrative charter statement, (2) create a work breakdown structure, (3) sequence project activities,(4) build a project schedule, (5) create a project budget, (6) create a responsibility assignment matrix, (7) identify project risks and (8) define responses for those risks. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Write a narrative charter statement 2. Create a work breakdown structure 3. Sequence project activities 4. Build a project schedule 5. Create a project budget 6. Create a responsibility assignment matrix 7. Identify project risks and define responses for those risks...

AM
Mar 6, 2020

The way the course is designed, processes to be followed to complete the course and everything makes sense. Thanks for the wonderful work Coursera. Looking forward to participating in another course!

PG
Oct 6, 2019

I have been enriched through this course. I feel like a better PM and I believe with the knowledge and skills I have acquired by taking this course, I will manage my projects more professionally.

51 - 75 of 499 Reviews for Project Management Project

By Nevena

Jan 12, 2019

Excellent way to check the understanding of previous courses. The opportunity to review other's work is really valuable and helped me upgrade my project as well. Thanks a lot! Great course.

By EDWARD D C S

Apr 18, 2020

Excelente curso , muy didáctico y posee información actualizada de PMI y ayuda a mejorar las habilidades y destrezas para todo aquel que desea ingresar al mundo de la Gestión de Proyectos

By YEVHENII V

Feb 13, 2017

Very nice theory and very useful practical case with all advises that help to get the best results! Appreciate everyone from UCI and Margaret for this chance to master Project Management!

By Fragoso J M

Jul 20, 2017

This was an excellent course.

I had the opportunity to put in practice everything i learn't from the previous courses. I hope to see more courses on Project Management from UC Irvine DCE.

By Sanchito B

Aug 23, 2016

An extremely thorough treatment of the initial stages of the Project Management process, which in many cases is the most important! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Would recommend it to everyone!

By PUSHPA S

May 16, 2020

AMAZING EXPERIENCE TO LEARNING WITH COURSERA. THIS IS ONE OF BEST ONLINE STUDY SITE IN WORLD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS TYPE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARNING COURSES. KEEP IT UP....

By Anvita P

Nov 1, 2017

Excellent course to cap off the learnings in the three project management courses. Practical utility and applications to real-life projects help lock-in the learnings from the courses.

By john p d

Oct 27, 2020

The four courses are undertaken in the PMPP program from the UCI DCE. First, the courses are delivered professionally by a charismatic instructor know as Margaret Meloni from California. Second, during the specialization, I understand the various Project Management components that were difficult for me, then perform it and now at the right level of understanding. And last, I take this opportunity to thank you, Prof. Margaret Meloni, for all your effort and time to train future viable, qualified Project Managers. Again, thanks for sharing pitfall's you encountered in the past, which serves as the benchmark for our carriers as PM.

John Paco Dradria

By PRINCE K K

Dec 1, 2020

This course was a great experience and very helpful, I learned a lot practically, optional additional readings was helpful, practical assignments, and the final capstone course was insightful. I have really learned a lot that will guide me in my future endeavours in the field of Project Management. Thank you Margaret Meloni and UCI.

By Otegenova A

Nov 7, 2020

It was great experience for me. Very nice approach of evaluating other peers, as you can see the project interpretations of others, can compare, realize your own omissions and find how it would be better to do. On the other hand, you get feedbacks of your own job too, which turned to be very useful for me. Thank you!

By Suhaimi W C

Nov 18, 2020

Awesome project management capstone project! Loved it that we are able to practice what we just learned. Thank you for offering this course and specialization! Well structured, great instructor, and wonderful materials. Highly recommended to take this specialization to learn project management!

By Tosin A

Jan 29, 2021

Great, self-paced course with real-life valuable insights from Margaret Meloni and the team of Project Managers in the videos/lectures. This might be a beginner's level course but you will have to put time and energy into it. You will learn a lot from this course so I highly recommend it!

By Nurbek A

Nov 9, 2020

A really practical course which requires to take 3 prerequisite courses. It took me about 2 weeks to go through all the courses and assignments, reading, and quizzes. I am sure I will continue to extend my skills in this very important area of my specialization.

By Polina D

Apr 20, 2020

Great ending to the Specialization! It's very useful practical work and I also liked assessing peers' works, because it also provide you with the experience, how other people do their projects. Would definitely recommend to my friends and colleagues!

By Karla A

Apr 19, 2021

A very useful practice to put every aspect seen in courses, in a realistic way. It is possible to see that not all cases are going to be the same and some changes are possible, but taking in consideration all that matters to a project.

By Maday M A

Apr 2, 2021

Excellent course! The teacher is awesome and the practical exercises exited my expectation. I have learned more than I expect, and I am very thanksful to Coursera, to University of California, Irvine, and teacher Margaret Meloni.

By Jennifer Y

Mar 23, 2021

this program has been such a delightful journey and worth every second. I have indeed learnt a lot and will definitely recommend to anyone ready to spread their wings to better themselves professionally. every lesson was on point.

By Jim H

Jan 15, 2021

Great all-around experience!

The instructor, Margaret Meloni knows her stuff. She presents the information at the right pace, provided well thought out examples and in a manner that was easily understood.

Jim

By Braulio R

Nov 7, 2020

es muy bueno, lo recomiendo porque no es difícil y es una buena oportunidad de aplicar lo aprendido en cursos anteriores. Las evaluaciones de compañeros son rápidas y aportan elementos para mejorar trabajos.

By Kifner R M Q

Dec 29, 2020

The capstone will definitely test your learnings from the previous modules and you will have to integrate the insights into one project plan. It was a huge task which is why it is rewarding to accomplish!

By Daniel L

Mar 15, 2016

An excellent way to bring all the course concepts together by requiring the student to generate the actual products themselves, as opposed to just learning information for testing.

By Louis C

Feb 13, 2017

Thank you for a well thought out course and fun learning experience. The only thing i could think of to add to the course would be more examples of the documents needed to create.

By Steven H

Dec 14, 2016

Great opportunity to apply the knowledge that was gained during the three previous courses in the project management specialization. Enjoyed the experience very much!!! Thank you.

By Yong H

Oct 28, 2017

I feel this course is really useful, even beyond PMP certificate, because this course contains not only PM knowledge, but also experience sharing and real project practice!!

By Xinyi L

Love the capstone practice! It is very helpful to build my own project and review other colleagues' work. This course connects the other ones in the series perfectly.