Back to Project Planning: Putting It All Together

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Planning: Putting It All Together by Google

This is the third course in the Google Project Management Certificate program. This course will explore how to map out a project in the second phase of the project life cycle: the project planning phase. You will examine the key components of a project plan, how to make accurate time estimates, and how to set milestones. Next, you will learn how to build and manage a budget and how the procurement processes work. Then, you will discover tools that can help you identify and manage different types of risk and how to use a risk management plan to communicate and resolve risks. Finally, you will explore how to draft and manage a communication plan and how to organize project documentation. Current Google project managers will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on approaches for accomplishing these tasks while showing you the best project management tools and resources for the job at hand. Learners who complete this program should be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as project managers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Describe the components of the project planning phase and their significance. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members. - Identify tools and best practices to build a project plan and risk management plan. - Describe how to estimate, track, and maintain a budget. - Explain the procurement process and identify key procurement documentation. - Draft a communication plan and explain how to manage it. - Explain why milestones are important and how to set them. - Explain why a project plan is necessary and what components it contains. - Make accurate time estimates and describe techniques for acquiring them from team members....

JR
Jul 2, 2021

Google vision of the Project Management career is something that I enjoy learning. They are fresh, actual and inclusive, maintaining the discipline and organization required for Project Managers

NT
Jul 4, 2021

The steps are clearly laid out and there are templates provided. I also like how they added talks from Google program managers to describe how they put the same topics discussed into practice.

1 - 25 of 232 Reviews for Project Planning: Putting It All Together

By Mary K

Apr 20, 2021

I learned so much and things I heard about in my BC role is starting to make sense and come together!. This will help me in BC role and definitely in PM role.

By katie f

Mar 24, 2021

Content is presented in an easy, digestible format and allows the user to take the course at their own pace. I liked that I could revisit sections of the videos utilizing the highlighter and notebook tool. I learn by re-reading and writing, so having the ability to easily identify important speaking points made the content digestible. I also like the overall organization of the course. Very linear and comprehensive, ensuring you understand the "why" behind the steps included.

By LADICT - I S f C

Mar 28, 2021

Useful course about Project Planning with a lot of insights and techniques. Advanced project planning, budgeting, communication plan, risk plan, risk mitigation and risk management. Learning deeply about Gantt Charts and project visualization...

Trying to leverage this period locked at home in the best way. A lot to prepare and study but fully worth of it... Bravo Google!

By Hussain A

Mar 13, 2021

I love it, every thing is professional.

By Matthew C

Mar 16, 2021

Pretty good. Only issue are the requirements on rating peers' assignments. You have to rate two, but right now there are none available to rate - so I can't move on.

By LaCresha H

Mar 26, 2021

I am in the process of completing the Google Project Management Professional Certificate and have to say that so far this course has been the most challenging so far but provided so much! I am excited to walk away with some great templates that I can use right away in my current role. Loving this content so far!

By K S T

Jun 24, 2021

This course was incredibly helpful. I learned a lot. I liked that it provided hands-on assignments as well as video lessons and reading. It's the third course I've completed out of the certification series, and I'm looking forward to moving on to the next one.

By Matt W

Jun 20, 2021

The Grow with Google Project Management course is amazing. The skills I've gained in that class feel more like a superpower. Project Management should be essential training for anyone in a management role, or who has any entreprenurial ambitions.

By TREVOR P P

Jun 13, 2021

Awesome learning experience, cant wait to use it in the real world. the courses was categorized and thoroughly explained making it easy learning for a novice like me.

By James M

Mar 26, 2021

A really good aspect of the whole course. A lot to take in but it's really well broken down and very clear and easy to follow

By Deniece T

Apr 30, 2021

Enormous value delivered in this course plus the help in designing a PM resume! All the momentum you have built up from Course 1 will kick into full gear for this one. For someone starting out in Project Management, you will be taught useful tools, expect to put in a fair amount of hands-on effort. You may need some time to digest and review some lessons but it will be immensely rewarding at the end of it. Peer assessments are still not ideal but there is still value in learning from what others have submitted. Hang in there at least 100PDUs for us at the end of the tunnel!

By Alex K

May 4, 2021

This third course was particularly useful as it contained a lot of practical information, tools, documents, and processes I was unfamiliar with. Seeing all the documents we have been working on since course 1 come together in a cohesive project plan was particularly helpful and satisfying. While I had mixed feelings about the quality of peer-reviewed submission in the previous course, I must admit that the quality of submission has increased in this course, likely due to less motivated learns dropping off as the course progresses. Looking forward to course 4!!

By Mahmed O

Jul 10, 2021

Dear Googlers

My Name Is Mohamed Osman From Somalia, I Have been studying Google Project Management Professional Certificate in recent months, a six course series, and I have completed the first three courses.

This course is one of them "Project Planning: Putting It All Together" is exactly as the name says.

The course make my intention clear and clarifies when and how to use Project Documents.

Since, I am also PMP certified, I think this course offered by Google.com is industry applicable Certificate for project management enthusiasts.

By Tee P

Jul 28, 2021

This course contains lessons that require a lots of your detailed attention and dedicated time to thoroughly capture various important knowledge, tools and techniques for the most instrumental key phrase of setting the project for smooth operations later on. For me, it took nearly 100 hours of viewing videos, reading all the provided articles and taking notes. However, the study experience is incredibly enjoyable since I'm 100% sure that Google is teaching down-to-earth practices, not that academic and easy-to-forget ones.

By Bangaru M

Jul 19, 2021

This course is exceptionally amazing ! I love the way how the course has been structured and the materials was to the point with extreme clarity. The course is very well relevant to the course title ,The tutor and the course planner should be applauded for their professional organisation and planning skills !Thank you so much !

This is how a course should be ! Felt satisfied of learning something without doubt due to the appropriate practical exercises ! thanks again team !

By Thomas K

Apr 9, 2021

The organization of the content is excellent with a variety of videos, readings, quizzes, and activities. The material covered is perfect for a project manager or really anyone wanting to "bring order to chaos". Even on topics that I am already familiar with, there is always a small additional nugget of information that adds a new perspective or tool for my work. I'm deeply appreciative for the thoughtful way this has been put together.

By MOHANEESH U

Jun 6, 2021

Some concepts were really new to me like SMART, the P.A.R.I.S resume formula. There were many thing I did not know and this course provided me exactly what I wanted. It is a great course. I will advice students to take notes frequently when you take up this course it will be very helpful in actual project documentation. Maybe you are stuckup with something and can't find a way out, well your notes will lead you through.

By Vicky Y C

Jul 22, 2021

I came from marketing background so a lot of knowledge in the course is something I've already known from years of working experience, but it is still good to go through it and relearn in an organised way, Plus to get a certificate to put on resume.

This course provide solid knowledge and good practice on the assignments though the real world project planning is way complicated and a lot of roadblocks.

By Liam M

Mar 28, 2021

Fantastic course. Very detailed and was really good in detailing document organising, planning and budgeting, risk management, exemplar documents and lots more. Also really good advice around job hunting and CV building, which I wasn't expecting from this course. I'm not currently looking for a new job but can see how the advice is extremely helpful to anyone that is.

By Tasha W

Jul 13, 2021

I LOVE that they don't just cover how to build a resume but they give a template and other great information on how to build the best resume. I rushed through it during the course but will certainly go back and create a more detailed resume at the end of the program. Thank you Google!

By Asmaa A

Jun 20, 2021

Fantastic course and a great instructor The quizes, documentations and working sheets were on point and the Glossary terms to download at the end of the course is just what was needed to complement the course. I wish if all courses have the same.

By Swaroop S

Jun 3, 2021

I was able to learn a lot of new concepts related to Risk management and Project planning. Although we have all planned several projects in our lifetime, this course added an extra layer of conscience to my ability to plan all my future projects.

By Nampetch C

Jun 9, 2021

T​his course is useful and gave me understanding the important of project plans which is not only a schedule or timline. lot of valueable details and techniques make me better understand how to do project planning the right way. Recommended.

By Katherina

Apr 5, 2021

The course instructor (Sr. Program Manager), Rowena, is phenomenal. Google is on its way to revolutionizing what education should look like. The Coursera platform is beautiful and well-designed. Thank you so much for this experience.

By Jiljo J

Jul 10, 2021

Rowena explained the concepts very well and I could understand more about the planning phase of the project. With the Practical assignments it was a really nice experience to put it all together and achieve my goal of learning more.