Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

276 - 300 of 4,005 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Md. R H

Sep 3, 2019

I think it's difficult to understand for who are new in programming. And I think some topic must be added in course. Such as, how can we take input and the key features of object oriented programming . But for the beginner the whole shyllabus of this course is enough to understand the basic operation of python programming.

By Zubair H

Jul 11, 2020

A very useful and insightful course for any one looking to rewind its structured programming basics and develop functional knowledge of python and more advance libraries i.e. numpy, pandas, matplotlib, bokeh plots and many more. Cloud computing in practice, fundamental intelligence in speech recognition and much much more

By Leon A

Apr 10, 2020

The course itself is very interesting and has taught me a lot. There were some technical problems with accessing the final project but these were resolved quickly and my final project was marked within less than two hours. Overall a good experience which I can recommend for anyone interested in Python and Data Science.

By Ruchita K

Jun 15, 2020

I am a complete fresher when it comes to Python. I have only a little background of learning a bit of Java. I found this course very easy to understand and the Labs were the actual highlight of this course where I learned the most. If you are taking this course, do the labs thoroughly there a lot to take away. Enjoy!!

By Ashwin C P

Dec 16, 2019

On of the best course that I took on Coursera since it covers python from the basics. It gives an good idea about how to use the tool in an application oriented manner. The final assignment was the best as it covers almost all the exercises of past weeks. also it gives an real life application of how to use python.

By Dr. M C

Apr 2, 2021

This is a fantastic course that takes the learner from the very beginning to the very end of operating with the Python software. This course was both demanding and fascinating, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I struggled the most in two parts, but my determination to finish the course carried me through.

By Amin N

Nov 13, 2020

The Watson Studio interface has changed compared to the instructions in the course for final assignment submission. I think it would be better to update that part or change the way of final project assignment. On overall, the IDE of Watson Studio is not user friendly at all and very complicated to work with.

Thanks :)

By Athira A

Jul 2, 2020

This course covers the basics of Python in great detail. The videos were easy to follow and backed by exercises giving the student an opportunity to see the code and its effect in action. I do have programming experience but am new to Python and I am very glad I utilized the pandemic period to start with a new skill.

By Tareq M F

Jun 17, 2020

Well organized course with effective material to get acquainted with the usage of Python in Data analysis. Thanks, Coursera and IBM also for this platform, if anyone really cares about learning definitely they should have a look into it. One more thing a basic knowledge of Python will help to make it smooth learning.

By Andreas E

May 15, 2020

Well organized course. First couple of lessons are a bit slow (at least if you have experience from other statistical software), but quickly picks up pace and has some really interesting assignments. A few bugs/typos in some of the exercises but maybe that was on purpose to keep us on our toes? Would recommend.

By Abhishek B

Apr 10, 2020

Covered the basic pretty well. Introducing some challenging problems would have been really helpful, even if it was to be made optional. Rather than giving 5-10% grades for each quiz, we could have made the final assignment tougher & with more problems for testing. The test only incorporated problems on pandas.

By Shreyash Y

Jan 21, 2021

This course will take you from the most basic of programming in python which is quite easy to understand even if you are not from this field. One more good thing about this course is the flexibility of the course and the self assessment of the topics make it more interesting and makes you learn more quickly.

By Andru F

Dec 30, 2019

This course was really great, it helped grow a foundation for Python in context of Data Science. It helped me get over a learning plateau I've been at for some time to feel more comfortable with coding. The coursework and labs were top notch, I'm quickly becoming a fan of IBM Watson Studio from this as well.

By La D Q

Jun 25, 2021

Very informative and educational course, I have had a few experience in Python Programming before but this course introduce me a very interesting aspect of it, which is web-scraping. But I recommend anyone taking this course take it slow because it can be very different to understand for newbie. Good luck.

By Insights P

Feb 25, 2021

An excellent foundation for Python programming unwrapping many concepts leading to further exploration by the learner. Enjoyed learning. The best part is the questions that pops up in the middle of the lectures and the Jupiter Notebook for practice that made the learning very interesting. Thank you!

By Jorge V

Oct 30, 2021

To be honest, at first it was good information about Data Science and Analytics. Then when it progressed into actual assessments and projects along with coding that is where I needed to buckle down and take it more seriously because if you do not know the material then the Quiz's become difficult.

By dharmesh s

Aug 18, 2020

MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE COURSE THIS PYTHON FOR DATA SCIENCE AND AI DUE TO PROGRAMMING SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVE YOUR SKILL FOR DATA SCIENCE FIELD PANDA AND NUMPY SMALL INTRODUCTION STARTING BASE WORK VERY GOOD MOST IMPORTANT COMPLETE THE ASSIGHNMENT

By Gracia C

May 3, 2020

This course definitely helps guide you through some basics of Python but it really is up to you to practice on your own in the labs. The video lectures with the diagrams and the voiceover are extremely helpful. Overall, I'd recommend this course to any beginner who is looking to learn Python.

By SALIL R

Jun 30, 2020

It was a good course. Not that. I leaned lot but I believe I haveth to learn bit more on Functions, API Calls and applications of different API to match with parameters.

However the instructions were good, understandable and lucid in substantiation. Helpful are the aspects of taking Notes.

By Michele M

May 7, 2020

The content was evenly spread out throughout the lessons, I am a programmer so I think I had an advantage, but this was a challenging course considering the amount of diffrent technologies involved.

I appreciated very much the succint explanations....objects in Python in a 10 minutes video ;)

By KAIVALYA V

Feb 6, 2021

I have really enjoyed this course. This course is lucid and pretty much understandable for beginners who have little knowledge in programming. For me this course proved to be an Incredible Motivator. I personally recommend this course for learning the basics of both Python and Data Science.

By Ayoub B

Jan 26, 2021

I’m glad to finish this amazing course, basically one of the best courses that I’ve got , even i would recommend it for any one who’s interested in datascience or Python in general.

Also i would like to thanks IBM, mr Joseph S. for this great content and Coursera for the great experience .

By Thomas N

Nov 8, 2020

A great course! the contents are demnading, but very systematic, precise and well organized. Hence the course allows for quick progress and a high learning curve! Particularly the extensive Watson notebooks are a great help while also showing how Watson can be used for practical purproses.

By NASIR A

Nov 13, 2018

Excellent way to kick start Python learning, I think the best things here was the labs which use to demonstrate how things are working.

A Tip for learners : If you take everything too easy and not focus you will be spending whole weekend to find out issue was due to a missing semi colon :)

By Swapnil A M

May 15, 2020

Literally an amazing course! I'm so thankful that i get this course and learned so many things which i don't know about the python and data, though i don't know it's my luck or opportunity that i get this course as an a knowledge. So thank you coursera for this excellent session/course.