Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM Skills Network

Kickstart your learning of Python with this beginner-friendly self-paced course taught by an expert. Python is one of the most popular languages in the programming and data science world and demand for individuals who have the ability to apply Python has never been higher. This introduction to Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn about Python basics and the different data types. You will familiarize yourself with Python Data structures like List and Tuples, as well as logic concepts like conditions and branching. You will use Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy & Beautiful Soup. You’ll also use Python to perform tasks such as data collection and web scraping with APIs. You will practice and apply what you learn through hands-on labs using Jupyter Notebooks. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and automating real-world tasks using Python. This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn Data Science, Data Analytics, Software Development, Data Engineering, AI, and DevOps as well as a number of other job roles....

HM

Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

MA

May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.

From basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.

It's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

276 - 300 of 5,214 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Daniela V

May 1, 2022

Este curso me encanto. Me parece que es perfecto para quienes nunca han manejado Python pueden darse una noción amplia y aprender las bases. Los laboratorios son geniales para poner en practica lo aprendido, aunque en algunas partes usan muchos códigos avanzados que no se logran entender para principiantes, sin embargo, sigue siendo ameno el aprendizaje. Muy apropiado para los primeros pasos, pero sin duda hay que continuar profundizando los conocimientos despues de este curso.

By Pratham S

Jun 19, 2021

Probably the best course on data science with python on the web.

It gives you such amazing knowledge for a paltry fee that you yourself will get aw-struct by the quality of education you are been provided.

if asked to find out, the only improvement i see in this course is that they can add a bit of feel in the dub, it felt like if the dub artist had felt what she is saying, it would be easier to understand the concept.

thank you coursera for coming up with such an amazing course.

By Xiaowei Z

Apr 30, 2020

The course is systematically developed and clearly delivered. Through this course, I enriched my knowledge on the basic grammar of Python and acquired a new skills, just running towards my goal to be an outstanding Data Analyst. I will continue with the rest 3 courses included in the program Applied Data Science powered by IBM , with a strong belief that more values and competences could be added on myself after the completion of this program. Keep on moving forward!

By Renee W

Jun 27, 2019

This is the first time programming has made sense to me. The format and explanations simplified the material into understandable chunks. There were times a lot of concepts were reviewed at once without a lot of background (when and why would one use a list versus a dictionary versus etc., what on earth are 1 and 2 dimensional numpys for), but the final assignment did much to combine most of the material into a practical use example. Looking forward to learning more.

By sandeep k

May 15, 2022

if you are familier with programming and you are afraid of programming ,try coursera any course there you can have knowledge from the basices and you will learn everything if you are serious.

python programming for data science i will rate 4.5 only becasue at the end of course in 5th week what i see there is deifficulty in reading programming of python so please add one more week before 5th one to deep understanding of more programming and matlplotlib lib.

By Kumar S

Sep 16, 2019

This course was very helpful for me to understand all the basic concepts in python. I learned how to code in Python programming language. It covered the portions of the course content very well. Now i can analyze the data, can make a dashboard any many more things I learned here in this courses and thanks again to COURSERA for accepting my financial aid application. I was unable to pay. But now with support I've completed my course and learned a lot.

By Perla T G

Jan 18, 2022

El curso te permite adentrarte y construir los cimientos para entender Python desde la raiz y va escalando permitiéndote comprender plenamente cada uno de los temas expuestos, los laboratorios refuerzan los conocimientos al permitirte ver los códigos y dejarte experimentar cuando cambias alguna letra, variable o texto. El programa es muy completo permitiendote ir desde lo más básico hasta otros temas un poco mas avanzados pero de manera fluida.

By Rohit B

Apr 9, 2020

This is an excellent introductory course to Python and key libraries. Just what I was looking for! I found the exercises to be fun and helpful in revising my learnings.

Compared to the first 4 courses in the IBM data sciene certification, there is definitely a lot more meat to the bone here. So be prepared for a steep learning curve if you decide to complete the course in a single stretch, even if you have a prior programming background.

By Osama A

Dec 25, 2022

I am extremely satisfied with the experience. The course was well-structured and easy to follow, with clear and concise explanations of concepts. particularly appreciated the practical exercises and projects, which allowed me to apply what I had learned and solidify my understanding of the material. Overall, I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to learn or improve their skills in this versatile and powerful language.

By Robinson P P

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent Course. The lab session helps to understand the concept in details. Jupyter Notebook knowledge will help in a practical session. Speech to Text example through IBM Watson indeed gives the basic understanding of cloud computing and API. Much more examples can be added. Introduction to data writing/saving through pandas' library and analysis, help to dive in the Data Science world.

thank you for such a wonderful course.

By Silambarasan

Apr 16, 2020

My heartfelt thanks to the course era team & IBM team by providing such huge opportunity to learn the Python by simple video explanation and continued with practice method. definitely this learnings will take me into next level of my career. After completing this course i completely admired about your team efforts by the way of syllabus framing and simple video learning cum quiz approach, Cloud practices.

Thanks

Silambarasan K

By Kostyantyn B

May 5, 2019

Very intensive course with lots of new and essential information for newbies in Python. Gives if not enough knowledge to start (which is hardly achievable within short course) but gives enough understanding of direction where to search and how to do things. Final assignment appeared not to be clean and straightforward but all my questions were answered in forum (hence I suppose it was not unclear not for me only). Good luck!

By Francisco M

Apr 5, 2020

The course is good but sometimes the exercise texts are not very clear and some of the lessons are very straightforward, leaving many doubts. The course should have a larger series of exercises and an automatic correction system that facilitates the review of the exercises. In addition, it would be interesting to have a module on how to use IBMDB2 without the online platform, but through Jupyter on the computer.

By Mehmet F

Sep 12, 2022

I was a complete stranger to python before this and this is my first python course ever, so I am not sure if I would be the best judge of the rating of a python course; regardless I feel like I've learned a lot so I will give it 5 stars. My only criticism would be that in the labs, the codes that are given could be explained more in detail, we've kind of just rolled through some of the codes given in labs.

By Sonu S B

Jun 11, 2020

This is a great way to learn Python for beginners. The videos are short and to the point. Instead of just showing the raw codes, the course helps you visualize how the codes are operating in the background using very simple figures/animations. The intermittent quizzes in the videos and the quizlet for each section was super helpful too in keeping track of your understanding. Highly recommend this course!

By Marcelo A M

Apr 15, 2020

Muy buen curso, de los mejores que hice on-line. Las explicaciones son muy claras, la pedagogía es excelente, todas las clases tienen su notebook. Realmente excelente. Seguiré adelante con los cursos de la especialización. Poder probar Watson es un plus para conocer la herramienta con un pequeño contacto. No participé de los foros pero por lo que vi los responsables del curso contestan mucho.

By Sagarika S

Jun 18, 2020

This course is really amazing. Anyone who doesn't know about python a Lil bit can also be master in python with this course. The instructors were really amazing and taught each topic clearly. I would recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn python basics as well as explore what python can do in Data science and AI. Thank you, Coursera and IBM for providing such a great course.

By okechi o

Dec 22, 2022

It is one of the best course on Python Programming. It covers a lots about Python Data Structures (integers, strings, list, tuples, set, dictionaries), Numpy, Pandas, Objects and classess, Exploratory Data Analysis.

With video and transcripted text, quizzes and final exams, the course is well structured. It is my best loved course under Applied Data science with Python specialization.

By TANYI E A A

Jun 18, 2022

I feel so fulfilled to had cpmpleted this course. This is a huge credit to my dream of becoming data scientist, the skills and knowledge acquired in this course is already playing a vital role towards my career path. I have been able to secure some interview appointments which I am confident of a positive outcome. I remain passionate to see to finish of the professional certificate.

By Kishore B

Apr 26, 2020

I can imagine the amount of effort put by authors to teach the Python basics even for people with limited programming experience. Hats off to the authors and team which put together such an easy to understand notebooks. I was able to generate the URL for the dashboard though it was optional. So inspiring was the quality of teaching material, I didn't want to disappoint my masters.

By Tanmaya C

Nov 10, 2019

I am a new learner in the field of Data Science , this course will help me a lot in understanding the basic concepts of python & data science also the instructor of this course will explain the things very well , very clearly & have very good course content in terms of quality. So overall this course is amazing for any one who wants to start carrier in the field of Data Science

By Qaunain M

Apr 19, 2021

Amazing course that features loads of clever videos with diagrams to break down how Python and Data Science work with many relevant hands-on labs. You'll learn Python programming, data types and structures, use coding to create and manipulate documents, data science models and calculations, data frames and really cool things like how to use IBM Watson and manipulating APIs

By Ermiyas B B

Apr 29, 2020

i was so happy in this course like lab materials and lecture also wonderful ; i got a lot of knowledge as developing country instructor such like learning system is helpful to improve our knowledge and to forward to our colleague and Students too .

Finally i would like to thank you Coursera and IBM for this opportunity to get knowledge and skill what i wish easily by online

By barak s

May 4, 2020

I have passed few courses as python for everyone (amazing course), but was stopping the course due to moving to new country, enough stress to be distracted :-)... Now, as we were been told to stay home as much as possible, the time has come to re-kindle my passion, Python!. Brilliant course due to your simple explanation knitted with straightforward animation. Well done!

By Jianxu S

Aug 29, 2019

This is one of the best Data Science courses I have taken! It is marked for "five weeks" but can be done in a week for beginners. It teaches Python while breaking down complex data management tasks into manageable pieces. There were some typos and out-of-date links (warning was given) but nothing major. I definitely recommend this course to people new to Data Science.