Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

201 - 225 of 3,816 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Facundo L

Jan 27, 2021

All I can say is that I passed this course knowing nothing about Python. Is too basic, and nothing is clear probably I'd have learned more in a $9.99 Udemy course. The half of it IBM try to sell you it's tools.

I hope next courses of the "IBM Data Analyst" certificate are better

By Jacob M

Jun 9, 2019

This course is awful. The information is pretty basic and really doesn't teach you python at all. At the end of the course they hand you an assignment with coding that is way over your head and when it error's out you don't know how to solve the issue.

By Shamoon T

Apr 28, 2019

so many issues with Watson STudio and IBM storage. No help from the instructors or Coursera! wasted so much time on finding solutions . Please go to threads and you would get to know every student was facing the same issue

By Yaniv R

Apr 25, 2020

The exercises were few and mainly required copy-paste instead of understanding. Also, the course was full of ads for IBM. Finally, there were spelling mistakes throughout the text, which is just unprofessional.

By Maxim Z

Apr 19, 2021

Weeks 4 & 5 are overwhelming for beginners. I stopped my whole Data Analyst Certification because that course is total waste of time. Wouldn't expect that from IBM.

By Jan D

Oct 5, 2018

Don't take it. No Course Instructors, no help. Not worth the money...

Even the Working Platform is always timing out or has a gateway error.

By Robin P

Oct 30, 2020

A course recommendation for the devs:

By ronald w

May 14, 2020

Week 5 final project SUCKED .. searching forums for 3 days with a URL that works ubtil it gets to 99% and fails. Really poor

By Alessandra C

Apr 21, 2019

Too fast paced, not very in-depth. Final project is full of spelling mistakes and not coherent with the course. Terrible.

By Michael M

Mar 15, 2021

Worse course ever

Zero connection between the explained material and the quizzes or between the different course parts.

By Sean G

Apr 24, 2019

This course is terrible - multiple typos, no support. Final project makes no sense. A total waste of time and money

By Brendan M

Nov 4, 2018

The final project should have had more guidance and instructions in order to complete in a timely manner.

By Mark C

Feb 4, 2020

The final assignment is impossible to do due to lack of information. Where is the database?

By Denis T

Apr 14, 2020

This was Python for beginners, the exercises couldn't have been missed even by a child

By Charles O

Apr 23, 2019

Not very good, course materials do not match final project deliverables.

By Piyush G

Dec 17, 2018

lacks rigor and the assignments were way tooo easy....!! thumbs down!!

By Lee R

Jul 12, 2020

I just paid money to let IBM market their cloud services to me.

By Raaj M

Nov 5, 2018

the last test to pass course nothing is taught about it

By Ali S

Jun 21, 2020

Really poor course, and not well explained at all.

By Harshit D

Jan 26, 2019

Vague assignments- almost everyone gets stuck.

By Kavish J

Oct 30, 2020

yeah , slightly the worst teaching skills

By Ines H R

Apr 27, 2019

The last assignment is very bad explain

By rje

May 8, 2019

Final Assignment is very confusing

By Anthony N G

Oct 4, 2019

This course was a perfect introduction to python for data science. I already have a B.S. in political science which required a few semesters of statistics. We mainly used Excel and SPSS. I wish I had taken a course like this because I’ll say that I much prefer Python to SPSS and Excel. I find Python more functional but far less user friendly. What helped a lot here was that I have a background in windows and pc hardware. I also have a little experience with Linux and .bash scripting. I’ll admit, this course would have been much more difficult without the computer knowledge I already had.

I’m currently working full-time trouble shooting large 3D printers 40 hours a week. I’ve been pondering what to go to graduate school for. This course has helped with that decision. I’m leaning toward a masters in the applied data science.

I plan on taking the other data science and applied data science courses on Coursera as well. Any and all continued learning I can get will be valuable.

What was most challenging? Learning the syntax and structure of the python language. I’m still learning it and it’s going to take quite a lot of effort to master it. Attention to detail is an absolute must in programming or coding—albeit a short script or manipulating a data set.

Also, I found that the Anaconda suite was the best choice to complete the course. It was a little more user friendly than the bare-bones IDLE/Python combination.

By Courtney B

Dec 4, 2018

I was a complete newbie to Python, and coding in general, and this course made it easy for even a beginner like me to understand. I would honestly love to take an extended version of this course. That said, I have recommendations for improvement:

1) the labs didn't really make you think terribly hard about how to solve the questions, and I would have loved more complex lab work, especially because of the next point...

2) The complexity of the final project basically skyrockets from the rest of the course work. I feel like an extra week or two of going over the additional knowledge necessary to really succeed in the final project without major struggle would help tremendously. Conceptually, it seemed like it should be REALLY easy... if only I had a little more applicable practice work under my belt before hand. (I finished it successfully, but it was a bigger struggle than it perhaps should have been. I think many other people are in the same boat.)