Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

351 - 375 of 3,094 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By WAI S W W

Mar 22, 2020

I really enjoying studying this course and was highly engaged in each week's course materials. I hope coursera can provide a complete set of the materials in slides (PPT or PDF).

By Saikumar Y

Dec 22, 2019

When you try to do what you have learned by videos in lab then this is very good start for beginners, in fact this is the best way to learn python language quickly. Solid course!

By BODDU P K

Oct 11, 2018

The course is really is very good.I would like to go with this course for beginners especially for beginners as it provides much of python basics which is needed for data science.

By Cameron S

Feb 12, 2020

I found the

final lab challenging and a great opportunity to apply what I learnt . Practical and interesting. Feel as though I have accomplished a lot in a short period of time.

By Rakshit K

Jul 5, 2019

The course covers basics of the Python required for Data science in good manner. You would need to have good practice, to clear the exam and it is designed in a very great manner

By Bernard E

Jul 5, 2019

Thanks for the challenging Final Project. I learned a lot more than I expected from this course. The Final Project presented a few items that required me to expand my thinking.

By Aditya C

Apr 13, 2019

A good course which introduces us to the beginner modules of python. The final project also makes us use the introduced concepts and serves the purpose of being a building block.

By Carlos J B A

Jan 8, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Rohit K

Jun 30, 2020

it's really awsome course for beginners i learned basic python from this course which is helping to build mini project so thank you coursera and all the teacher thanku so much

By Vivek N

The course is well planned and taught with videos explaining the concepts and code briefly such that, the learner has a prior idea while practicing using the notebook lab file.

By Bobby K

Really well presented. As an experienced engineer, it was just what I needed to pick up Python but I imagine it can work for beginners too with a bit more homework and research

By Aman T

Apr 19, 2020

Python course was nice from IBM. The instructor was good and you will learn a lot from these short videos. I recommend to take this course and find out yourself how good it is.

By Juan P B C

Nov 25, 2019

Curso muy completando con una buena introducción al lenguaje Python, que te dará los conocimientos necesarios para comenzar a desarrollarte en el mundo de la Ciencia de Datos

By Kirk A

Jan 10, 2021

this course does a real good job delivering the content whereby one can follow and retain the subject easily. Good job IBM, love the lite plan offered by IBM cloud as well.

By Martina

Oct 8, 2019

This was amazing. I already have 2 years of experience with Python, but only in a very limited functionality. And this made me fall in love with Pandas and Numpy. Thank you!

By Júlio L S

Jan 3, 2021

It doesn't get so deeper in the concepts, but is excellent for an overview or give some tips of what have to study. I recommend subscribe some Python Basics courses before.

By Sunil D G

Aug 11, 2020

I find it neccessary to say that the course was great, anyway a little bit more of practical exercises will be excelent anyway, focused on apply tehm in our day to day jobs

By John R

Jun 21, 2020

The course is good enough for beginners and the final assignment was related to the topics reviewed trough the classes. I do not find any difficult to complete it at all

By Mohana K P

Jul 9, 2019

Awesome and very helpful. This is my first step towards the Machine Learning & AI path. I am very much confident on my journey now as I got the kickstart with this course.

By rafael g

Jun 3, 2020

Creo que está muy bien enfocado para personas con pocos conocimientos de programación y da unas nociones básicas pero muy concisas con las que puedes comenzar a trabajar.

By VATHALURU K K R

Jul 17, 2019

Great learning experience. I appreciate the way of teaching and tests taken place. Now I am able to understand what is Python and how we can use for Data Science and AI.

By Ricardo H

Jan 22, 2019

Very clear, even though sometimes quick (you can always have the chance to get back). Enjoy the final assignment (a bit more of a clue on scraping would have been handy).

By K. S

Jan 9, 2019

This course provides with the required knowledge about python programming and also helps us to study the course very easily and implement the techniques in our problems.

By Abdulah H A

Jul 22, 2019

I hope this course in the future provides more exercises that focus more on writing codes. Also, it would be even better if the videos show some real time code writing.

By Sharon T

Apr 6, 2020

You did an amazing job on this course Joseph! From the very beginning, this course is user friendly and easy to learn for people with no Python experience. Well done!