Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

301 - 325 of 3,993 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Subhashree N

Sep 8, 2021

SUPER GOOD!

Iam not a techie. I am a professor and former dean of a Business School. I learned python well here. The content is well delivered. Videoes are good. The best part is the hands-on experience. I managed to do the course despite my hecti schedule

Thanks IBM. Thank you coursera

By Henan W

Jun 4, 2020

I think it is a fundamental course for Python elementary learners. The instruction is very detailed and complete for Python basic. And I believe that through the gradual studying in the following lessons, your analytical and programming capacity will be leveraged and enhanced. Thanks.

By Rishikesh N

Jun 8, 2019

It is really a great course, starting off with the basics and briefly covering all the fundamental modules required for Data Science.

It is a beginner level course, so if one is comfortable with Python basics as well as Numpy and Pandas modules, it will serve as a refresher course.

By Ashfaaq I

Jun 17, 2020

Great course for beginners in python who want to pursue a career in Data Science. Learnt a lot of beneficial concepts regarding how to write code with regards to Data Science. The graded quizzes are simple if the students have understood the concepts well. Definitely recommend it.

By Carlos B A

Sep 12, 2021

Um bom curso, acelerado e com muitas informações. Além de ensinar o básico da linguagem Python, avança para os procedimentos de desenvolvedores e a comunicação com outras interfaces, vale pra quem já está iniciado na aprendizagem, para novos estudantes considero um pouco difícil.

By Tosho-Obembe O N

Jun 14, 2020

Is being great studying this course from the beginning. I'm really astonished at the compilation of the syllabus in a very comprehensive and straight-forward steps. This course has really helped me to understand the basics of python including its adoption in everyday programming.

By Mohit S

Jun 25, 2020

Interesting course on Python. I must suggest this course to a beginners in Data Science as well as in Python like me. As always classic presentation, selection of contents, hand on experience through Lab., Quizzes etc. are beautifully designed. Thank You for this course...

By Rushrukh R

Apr 26, 2019

It essentially provides you with the head start you need to exploit Python in the field of data science. Also, if you happen to have a programming background, it would be a nice piece of cake to get you started on your first awesome day on Data science. Here's to many more!

By Elahheh S

May 20, 2021

This course meets my needs about python. Before taking this course I was confused about writing code in Python but now I feel confident and can write even complex code. I learned many things .

I recommend this course.

Thank you guys for providing such an amazing course.

By MEET S C

May 18, 2019

The course was excellent for learning and applying python at the same time. The course is perfectly designed for all kind of learners, excercises and labs helps a lot to grab the concepts. Thank you coursera for giving me this wonderful opportunity to learn this course

By Alexander P S

Mar 25, 2019

More interactive assignments leading into the final project would be useful. I needed to resource outside reading to fully understand the final project. However, the final project did force me to develop a much stronger understanding of python code and how it works.

By Stuart S

Mar 25, 2020

I particularly enjoyed using Jupyter notebooks for the labs. It was actually fun to introduce different variables to see what would happen to the output. Plus, it made importing libraries very easy, and helped me better understand them in general, particularly NumPy.

By Senthil K

Oct 22, 2021

I​ really enjoyed the course!!They have put up a lot of efforts to feed the knowledge in us at the easiest level.I would also like to thank coursera for providing the "Financial Aid" which boosts my confidence by acquiring the certificate from the well renowned IBM.

By Uwhojega, O W

This is a great course for a beginner, the illustrations and training are well structured for quicker understanding. The discussion forum allows for effective collaboration with like minds. Overall, the course is a great starting point for data scientist enthusiast.

By Yash K

Jan 4, 2020

The Course is designed and framed in a simplistic and ergonomically way easy to learn and understand.

Quiz questions are completely based on understandings from the course. And finally, the last analysis project gives a complete overview of what you have understood.

By Abilio R D

Oct 17, 2019

It was a good training course, with lots of good materials, visuals, and hands-on exercises. The integration of this course with IBM Watson is definitely an add-value. I did like also the possibility to share my labs to GIT Gist. I really recommend this training.

By Austin L

Jul 24, 2019

Outstanding curation of the material and presentation at a pace that was easy to understand. The optional part of the quiz was very difficult -- why make the user type in so many file names, parameters etc. to generate a URL -- that could all have been automated.

By Radhakrishna .

May 5, 2021

primarily, I should thank Coursera for this opportunity. Great platform to learn python from scratch. moreover, UI is very useful for practical sessions. even though, non-coding background guys can able to understand easily. One of the best learning experiences.

By Patarida K

Sep 15, 2021

It's a complete basic course for data analytic. The exercise is great. The explanation in VDOs is easy to follow an illustrated. I think it is my favourite Python course so far. It helps me understand something that I don't understand from the previous course.

By Sagar G D

Nov 8, 2018

This course gives an perfect introduction to the basics of python for data science with the help of some python packages like numpy,pandas,mathplotlib etc, apart from this the course also gives brief understanding of using if,else,for loop,functions in python.

By 4112_Prasanna_Kukade -

Jun 2, 2021

Great course! practical oriented via skills network lab. Labs provides hands-on experience to apply and test what you have learnt. I liked quizzes that keep me attentive during the videos.

Undoubtedly it was a great experience to learn python with this course.

By Suraj S

Apr 5, 2020

Code is beautifully explained, Skill cloud lab is amazing to work upon. I can use jupyter notebook and Turi whenever I want to. I had a major problem installing Turi in my windows platfrom, version and resources never matched. Thank you IBM for this platform.

By André K

Never learned so much things in so short time. Thanks to the instructors for the amazing course and didatics used. The animations explaining each concept in each class was the cherry on top of it. Impossible not to understand. You're the best teachers ever.

By Massimiliano B

Apr 21, 2020

Very interesting. Adequate level to start using python.

The only section that I found less interesting was the section on APIs, the description of the code for the connection with the service providers was a little bit confusing.

Overall excellent course!

By Kevin D

Apr 17, 2021

Excellent. I taught me things which I didn't know existed, haha! I am very grateful for the teachers at IBM for compiling the course material in such a graspable manner. There is a long way still to go. I hope to see you soon. Thank you once again. :)