Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

301 - 325 of 3,099 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Jorge S

Jan 5, 2020

Very interesting course to learn the essential concepts of Python. The examples and the exercises provide a clear view of this programming language and how to apply it to extract, manipulate and present your data.

By Prasad M

Jun 13, 2020

As a Beginner in coding, I had to learn from basics. The teaching method helped me understand all the complex concepts as well. Thanks to IBM Studios. Looking forward for more such courses. Excellent Experience.

By Mohamed O A T

Nov 17, 2019

Illustrated Information.

Detailed, easy to understand material

Focused information on a specific target (python for data science)

The most important point is the availability of strong and well-organized notebooks.

By Amrendra S

Jul 13, 2020

It was really great experience learning Python for Data Science and AI.

it help me learning many skill that i never learned before.And the final project was very helpful working with data and making a dashboard.

By Ravi P B

Jul 6, 2020

Very nice course to get started with Python for Data Science and AI.It also gives hands on to create basic AI applications such as speech-to-text and language translation using IBM Watson.So a very nice course.

By HONEY T

Aug 25, 2020

It's a great course and the things which i learned in this course was really a necessity for me and for my future and now i have learned Python for Data Science and AI i will augment it and improve my skills.

By Gary T

Mar 7, 2019

This is an important class and moment for me. This program and Coursera is amazing. This was a challenging course, sure introductory, but as a newbie to Python, I think I c an move on to intermediate Python.

By Kelsey W

Sep 24, 2018

The final project is as much as you put into it. I learned a lot and had to go back to my notes, past reading, etc. to complete the Fake Album Cover. I cannot wait to do more projects like this! Great class!

By Sabriena T

Dec 14, 2020

Great course! It is more difficult but felt like this was the best course in the specialization yet! This course was jammed with so much information that it made the accomplishment feel more for satisfying!

By Ha N

May 1, 2019

This course successfully gave me a basic foundation of Python for Data Science. I had a chance to learn about pandas and numpy, which are really essential for me as an Data Analyst Intern.

Thank you so much!

By Pan Z

Jul 15, 2018

It's really helpful for python beginners! It's easy to make you insist on it.But at the same time, the quizes can be a little too easy or too few sometime, but other than that everything's great! Thank you!

By Cesar O P R

May 7, 2020

I like it! The way it introduces the concepts and syntax. This is not for people that haven't programmed, but for people with skills in programming this should be enough to start in Python for Data Science

By James P

May 9, 2020

Very well designed course.

Teaching is thorough and does not require any previous knowledge of coding.

Resources are up to date and access to the right cloud platforms to perform the tasks.

Well done to IBM.

By Sai S D

Aug 4, 2019

This Course provides a good supportive platform to enter into the field of Data Science as the learning begins from the scratch and give you a clear picture of your progress towards gaining the knowledge.

By Christopher I F

Jan 17, 2021

I approached the final assignment with some trepidation but got through okay. The pandas and the NumPy programming is very useful and I am getting more and more familiar with Watson Studio and IBM cloud

By samet

Dec 21, 2019

Its a great start with python, classes are easy to understand and quizzes are relevant to the topic that are going trough out the videos.

Thank you everyone who spend their time to teach us. Well done.

By J C V

Sep 12, 2019

Very good narration of topics. Although one can't become an ace in Python, it gives you all the basic fundamentals. Few topics were very well outlined in order to make the concept understood by anyone.

By Prannoy J

Dec 1, 2020

It is a good course and teaches with the basic of Python so that anyone can understand it very well. Videos are good and can easily be understandable to anyone who is new to Python and Data Science.

By Ritik K

It's been a very exciting journey and last project was just awesome... It's gives me real world problem. Videos are short and a lot informations provided in that. can't wait for the next course.....

By pooja

Oct 1, 2020

I liked the course as it gives a quick introduction to the concepts of python and its libraries Pandas and Numpy. I really enjoyed doing lab work using IBM Watson Studio. It was a great experience.

By Ashiqur R

Dec 11, 2020

As a beginner, I have gained confidence in python programming with the help of this course. It has enabled me to use IBM watson for solving problems as well. I am happy to participate this course.

By ABHISHEK S

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent course I loved it the way of explanation of every topic wow coursera I love you I love.... You

I wish you will provide more free courses through financial aid due to my poor background

By Ranjith R c

Thanks for teaching such a dynamic course . i have been very thank full Joseph Santarcangelo and IBM and also Coursera. i will suggest this course to my junior , collegues and my siblings too.

By Naga D R J

Sep 8, 2019

one of the best courses i have learned in programming. The course is well designed with videos and lab exercises. Thank you so much IBM Team and Coursera Team for providing such quality works

By Maulik P

Apr 28, 2020

Deep thank you to instructor Joseph Santarcangelo. it was nice encouraging learning experience

Nice Course, with intro to pandas and Numpy Library. I wish assignment would be more lengthier.