Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM
May 2, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL
Jun 4, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

101 - 125 of 2,572 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Larissa F D d S

Nov 3, 2019

Curso extremamente útil para pessoas que desejam melhorar a conversação no Inglês, ele dá dicas muito boas sobre como melhorar a entonação, usar corretamente "word stress" e "sentence stress", além da pronuncia correta dos números, enfim, estou muito satisfeita com o conteúdo apresentado no curso.

By Alvaro A P B

Aug 10, 2020

A great course, we learned a lot about to use the english languaje in conversation such as introduce myself, phone conversations, interviews and presentations speech, also we learned about correct stress in words, sentences, correct use of the verbs and pronouns, actually a very complete course.

By Zubair H

Jul 10, 2020

it is very good course which focuses on correct pronunciation as well as efficient speaking. I learned many new things like intonation, how to approach for interview, what to say and what to not, how to improve body language. Overall it was wonderful experience. Would recommend it to my friends.

By Manoj M

May 14, 2020

I really enjoyed taking the course, the instructor made sure she covered all kinds of professional English as mentioned in the title of the course. Peer graded assignment helped me in practising what I learnt in every week of the course. Overall a short and brief course on Professional English.

By CARLOS J M B

Jul 31, 2020

In one word It's so great I am so happy enjoying an experience that gives excellent results in different ways to communicate with other people. I found some responses to my doubts that refers to pronunciation, writing, and other things.

Excellent work for the Georgia Technology team.

Thanks.

By HANY A E M H A

Nov 16, 2017

aver professional course introduced by a very qualified teachers with long experience and funny way to deliver all the information. i recommend this course to every teacher in the world specially my country teacher Egypt . you rely need this course. thanks for all the teachers in this course

By Shreeyam R

Jul 31, 2020

This is one of the best courses which I have done, till now. Every small thing which should be kept in mind before the interview is clearly explained by Ms. Leah Attruia. The way presenter has shows the criticality of each minute point is great.

It is also quite useful in the Sales profile.

By Bilal A L

Nov 19, 2020

Literally speaking, this course is one of the best courses in English speaking you can see on online platforms. It helped me a lot in enhancing my English speaking skills. I'm thankful of "Georgia Institute Of Technology", particularly our guide "Leah Attruia" for such a wonderful course.

By José L C S

Jun 23, 2020

Muy buen curso, lo recomiendo para todos los que tenemos contacto con anglo parlantes ya que nos da herramientas y tips muy concisos para mejorar nuestras habilidades. Además de los temas que vemos en su título se ven cosas particulares del idioma que yo no conocía y me sirvieron mucho.

By thắng l

Oct 17, 2020

what is included in this course is a little basic and simple. But I believe the basic and simple thing is what we must have in order to study higher knowledge. This course taught me many thing that I thought I already knew but actually I did not know it.

And I am so grateful for that.

By Hema P

Jul 28, 2020

in this, course I'm learned a lot about how to speak during interview time, about the word stress how to do an elevator speech , How to talk with people in a polite way. It gives hands so much and thank you for the lecturer Amalia and the institute of Technology gave me opportunities.

By Tiger P

Sep 7, 2020

This course is very helpful to non-native English speaker. Because I usually speak English during my work but I never pay attention to intonation and sentence stress. With this course, I learn the importance of intonation and sentence stress and I will practice more and more. Thanks.

By Archisha B

Jul 12, 2020

This was my first course on spoken English. I really needed this because, no matter how good I was at writing in English, I was always shy and under-confident about speaking to others. This course has given me the confidence I needed, and now, I can do better at speaking in English!

By Johnson A M

May 2, 2020

Leah Atriua was awesome in teaching the skills. She was very practical and to the point. She taught in a very simple and in an easy manner. Even though I found it bit difficult due to the peers examining my tests, but overall I enjoyed studying it. Thank you Very much Ms. Leah.

By liana h

Aug 14, 2019

The professors were really nice. The courses were fascinating and incredible to learn. The courses have really helped me to become confident and improve my self-esteem. It was interesting to learn and to pursue in the fantastic courses. I had a good time learning the courses.

By Abdulrahman M A A S

Sep 16, 2019

Thank you very much. It was a great experience to me and it motivates me to keep going. I really suggest this course to my friends. At the end, I am so happy that I met a great people during this course and I hope we could meet again in further courses. Good luck for you all!

By Ho K W

Mar 25, 2016

Very useful, your all very professional, the course is relatively short and down to the points, making us easy to follow and not too tired or got bored. you all have done an excellent job making this course so effective and meaningful for the learners. many thanks, cheers!

By Shahlo Ò

Aug 18, 2020

I would like to thank all Coursera community for organizing wonderful courses and helping to others to achieve success and learn English perfectly. It is a great chànce for the youth and adults to experience all spheres via Coursera. Thanks a lot. I wish you best of luck.

By mohamed i m

Dec 1, 2020

Very good instructors.A good teacher can make a world of difference in a student's life, impacting everything from their classroom learning to their longterm success. If you're considering a career in education, it's important to explore the qualities of a good teacher.

By rokaya h

Dec 18, 2016

Salam aalaikom ,iam very happy because i study for you, the lange englishe it's embortante for me .you can help me speak english brofessionally, ihave lot of problems and ilearn every day this lang ,but it's defecoult. Ihave one question: can you halp me another way?

By Vaishnavi C R

Aug 31, 2020

Good way of teaching and the assignments are actually worth working on. It not only improves our english practise skills but also fight our fears in recording and showing it to others and reviewing others helps us learn more. I became more confident overall. Thank you

By YAMINI P

May 7, 2020

Very useful course those who wan to achieve a great attainment in their life. Thought provoking and MInd blowing assignments which help oneself to self evaluate them. Thank you Ms. Leah your lecture in each module is very refine and mould a person who is unmoulded.

By Nazmun N

Had an wonderful experience in pursuing this course. Course instructor was very much helpful. I've learned many things from this course. Even I've become able to enhance my pronunciation skill and communication skill. I would suggest you to enrol in this course.

By GIUSEPPINA G

Sep 14, 2020

This course was very usefull for me. I finally well learned the correct pronunciation of some words. I really appreciate this course and I very enjoyed it. Thanks a lots to Amalia Stephens, a very professional and good teacher.

Best regards,

Giuseppina Greco

By Supun A

Aug 21, 2020

Very good course for people who have learnt English as their second language. Simple and important parts in day today professional English are taught in this course. Thank you for the instructor and Coursera platform for giving us this wonderful opportunity.