Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

AK

Jul 18, 2016

i liked the way the instructor took forward the course. She conducted the course in almost the same way what she was teaching, she was a live demonstration of all the concepts taught

1 - 25 of 532 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Amber v d H

May 13, 2016

In my opinion this course does not teach you to 'speak English professionally', but it teaches you to 'learn how to speak English'. I was looking for a course that would teach me how to write professional emails and have professional phone conversations, like which words I should use, what common sentences are or how to build up professional sentences. I am a bit disappointed and think this course was a waste of time for me. This is really meant for people that are learning to speak English and don't know how to pronounce words or how to respond to people in a really easy way.

By Lara A

Feb 05, 2019

Although I have been teaching English for more than two years, this course has indeed improved my speaking skill to have more natural and fluently no matter what the situation is.

By Mohammd z a

Apr 25, 2019

After long time time, i found this rule and skills how we could speak online and on the phone, too. it was so useful course.

i am going to learn another course, too.

By Haris S

Dec 12, 2017

I was hoping alot from this course. But it contains so basic things only.

By barak d

Jun 15, 2016

It's a mix of too much basic and irrelevant tips from different realms: pronounced english (which, in my opinion could be a great course of it's own), public speeking (only the basic of how to deliver which can be sum up to one page) and how to interact with other people (like how to say you are agree or disagree??? I strongly believe that if a person can understand those videos, I'm pretty sure that he knows that 5-years-old-extremly-basic-stuff).

As much I like this concept of coursera, "speak english professionally" or even "speak english" is really a big statement for that course. Actually, from what it seems, the main point of that course is to get the students to purchase the full package of courses that the Georgia Tech Language Institude is offering. If you really like to know a great course that relates to the topic, I strongly advise you to check out the course "Public Speaking" by Dr. Matt McGarrity here at coursera. Best of luck.

By Marta R

Jun 12, 2016

I was expecting something else, very basic information.

By Anand K

Apr 12, 2016

Way too elementary.

By Alberto L A

Jun 19, 2019

Very useful, clear and well designed.

By Gopal D

Jun 18, 2019

Good course!

By Mirna A D

Jun 17, 2019

It was a great class well organized and good instructors.

By Ankur s

Jun 16, 2019

The Trainer is fabulous and course overview is good

By Burak A

Jun 16, 2019

This is great course. It learned a lot and it gave me a vision.

By Na Y

Jun 11, 2019

super helpful and useful.

By Abdelrahman M I T

Jun 11, 2019

Great Course

By Anderson d A G

Jun 02, 2019

Excellent!

By Anand K s

Jun 02, 2019

I really learn a great thing about speak English in different situations.

Thank you Coursera once again.

By Angel G R L

May 24, 2019

just the waste of time.

By Akhil S

May 24, 2019

If learners can speak or talk with native speakers or any speakers of equivalent skills then it can help more.

By Qurrat U A A

May 22, 2019

I have no words, It is excellent.

By Abdur R

May 19, 2019

The best course for improving English skills. The instructors are very much cooperative and friendly.

By Olga K

May 09, 2019

Great&useful course. I also learned a number of usefull tips not concerning English. Lots interesting about business communications.

I assett the course by not the highest point, because it's impossible loading a homework in a free version (without buying a course). It's a pity(.

By SHUYU L

May 08, 2019

Thanks! I hope it will help me do better in the interview.

By Eliana O L R

May 07, 2019

Excellent!

good material and relevant tips to interviews