Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

SE

Aug 15, 2019

really I'm very enthusiastic in this course , the instructor gives me an important information which I didn't heard before , I'm very glade to this .\n\nthank to my instructor and thanks coursera <3

1 - 25 of 636 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Amber v d H

May 13, 2016

In my opinion this course does not teach you to 'speak English professionally', but it teaches you to 'learn how to speak English'. I was looking for a course that would teach me how to write professional emails and have professional phone conversations, like which words I should use, what common sentences are or how to build up professional sentences. I am a bit disappointed and think this course was a waste of time for me. This is really meant for people that are learning to speak English and don't know how to pronounce words or how to respond to people in a really easy way.

By Aditya K

Jul 18, 2016

i liked the way the instructor took forward the course. She conducted the course in almost the same way what she was teaching, she was a live demonstration of all the concepts taught

By Lara A

Feb 05, 2019

Although I have been teaching English for more than two years, this course has indeed improved my speaking skill to have more natural and fluently no matter what the situation is.

By barak d

Jun 15, 2016

It's a mix of too much basic and irrelevant tips from different realms: pronounced english (which, in my opinion could be a great course of it's own), public speeking (only the basic of how to deliver which can be sum up to one page) and how to interact with other people (like how to say you are agree or disagree??? I strongly believe that if a person can understand those videos, I'm pretty sure that he knows that 5-years-old-extremly-basic-stuff).

As much I like this concept of coursera, "speak english professionally" or even "speak english" is really a big statement for that course. Actually, from what it seems, the main point of that course is to get the students to purchase the full package of courses that the Georgia Tech Language Institude is offering. If you really like to know a great course that relates to the topic, I strongly advise you to check out the course "Public Speaking" by Dr. Matt McGarrity here at coursera. Best of luck.

By Anand K

Apr 12, 2016

Way too elementary.

By Marta R

Jun 12, 2016

I was expecting something else, very basic information.

By Minh N

Sep 25, 2019

Very great program for ESL learner at intermediate level. I am looking for something at higher level. However, I found your course was very interesting. I have learned new communication skills for the very first time. Something that I thought I have already knew it. I will introduce your class to my international friends. Wish you all the best and your succeed in this program.

By Haris S

Dec 12, 2017

I was hoping alot from this course. But it contains so basic things only.

By Mubarak A

Jun 23, 2019

the best course i have ever seen i got a lot of information i didn't know .

By Mohammd z a

Apr 25, 2019

After long time time, i found this rule and skills how we could speak online and on the phone, too. it was so useful course.

i am going to learn another course, too.

By Ghada A E

Jan 20, 2019

This course was really helpful to me.It taught me a lot about talking on phone.It attracted my attention to the right pronunciation of number ,can and can't.Through this course I learned how to make a professional presentation with its main parts.I appreciate this course and many thanks to its staff .

By Christian

Jun 14, 2016

This is an amazing course that improves our abilities to speak English in different situations.

I sincerely recommend that you study it. You will not regret it!

By Rodrigo S d O

Oct 17, 2019

The course is really useful as a source of information for you to explore. Some of the explanations especially on the rhythm of English and sentence stress was really good. I recommended it to all my students. Thank you, professors!

By mrshaddad

Oct 10, 2019

Es un curso ameno y que nos lleva de la mano , me han quedado algunas pequenas dudas pero son mininas, l , me ha gustado mucho el curso

By Ana M

Aug 22, 2017

I enjoyed this course very much. The Professor explain everything very clearly. The English is not my mother language so sometimes I have difficulty to understand a conversation, explanion or a dialogue. But here in this course with the sweet Ms. ( I forgot her name rsrsrs) I did catch 80% of all course. It was great. I recommend. Thanks you so much.

By Learner I

Jan 18, 2017

This course is one of the most relevant and superb Coursera offerings I have taken recently. I teaching business English online to professionals and managers with multinational corporations around the globe. Since my lesson content includes all of the communication activities in this course ---- I was able to enhance my own knowledge and expertise to benefit our private sector clients. I learned new strategies which greatly improved my expertise. Thank you! We hope Coursera continues to offer such a top notch course.

By Jack D

Dec 17, 2018

It is a good course of learning speak English

By Slahuddin C

Aug 03, 2019

Not very useful.

By Satoshi T

May 11, 2018

Lectures are good, but I don't think it could work for improving speaking English.

By khalid m

Jul 05, 2016

The course is great but beginners but not for intermediate and advance learners. I must appreciate Coursera for providing free courses. Thank you

By Yi-Ching C

Jan 29, 2019

This lecture gives me much knowledge about English grammar, pronunciation, expression tips in English. Very useful!

By Ben

Jan 15, 2019

This was a great speaking English professional course. I learned a lot from this class. I learned the tools, the techniques, and the feedback from classmates. I will definitely use the tools (Vocaroo and sources) plus the great techniques from the instructors to practice my speaking and presentation.

Thank you!

By Karam, M A

Jan 18, 2019

Perfect course to start building confidence and conversational skills. I highly recommend it.

By Zhang J