Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

126 - 150 of 1,582 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Jincy K B

It was a good course and I enjoyed this course by doing assignments and all the videos were very much clear and examples were so helpful for understanding the topic in a better way... Thank you

By Eman O M

Mar 30, 2020

I really have learned such great things here i've know many things i had no idea about it before.. this course really helped me a lot to discover new things... i am proud for taking this course

By RAZAFILALAINA

Aug 20, 2016

Very interesting course ! I m really happy to join this course. There a lot of tricks to help me to be confident in english spoken. Thanks to everyone involved in making this course.

By Neo K

Jun 09, 2020

Very good course especially for those who want to learn English professionally. It also has interview skills, customer focus and presentation. The instructor was perfect and clear.

By Pham T P

May 04, 2020

This online course is very useful to me. Now, I am confident more when I apply these lesson in my work.

Thank you Ms. Amalia Stephens - Lecturer and Ms. Leah Attruia so much.

Phuong

By Ashraf A

Apr 05, 2020

it was such a nice and instructive course, and I really recommend it for anyone who wants to improve their language speaking skills as well as public speaking and interview skills

By Juan E P

May 26, 2017

¡Este curso fue excelente! Me ayudó a reafirmar cosas básicas del idioma y además me ayudó en cosas profesionales. Fue un gran curso, muy sencillo de entender pero sumamente útil.

By Naresh G

Got to learn excellent communication skills.Thanks to organization for providing this platform for beginners like me. thanks from the bottom of my heart for gaining my confidence

By Muhammad R F

Oct 25, 2019

Thanks to the instructor, she made me speak English more effectively in personal, interviews, presentations and many other aspects like right stresses, intonations etc. Thanks.

By Huaying L

Apr 27, 2020

That's awesome! I do really like this lesson, it helps me solve some problems with learning English, how to speak English better and how to about in phone, person and online!

By Ahmed N

Mar 25, 2016

I learned a lot in this course , and the modules gives you a direct, productive information. Thanks Georgia Tech, especially everyone helped to produce this excellent course.

By KALYANI L

Jun 07, 2020

Superb course, gives you the correct way to speak in a formal situation.

Looking forward to use the skills learnt through the course in real life and excel in the work place.

By ER Y K

Apr 19, 2020

The course is fun and those informative video really gave me a lot of ideas in pronoun, stress and some useful grammatically words. I've learned a lot and really appreciated

By Poornima G

Jun 24, 2020

This course is really amazing, I have learned alot of things by this course and I will try my best to

implement those things which i have learned through this course. Thanku

By erf n

Apr 14, 2020

From my point of View ,This cours will be able to learn everybody how speak like an nativ,there is no quastion you can learn it witout any streest and just #stay_at_home

By Rakhmatulina A

Mar 26, 2020

This course helped me understand how to lead the professional discussion. Also, it consists of many useful tips and patterns for a different kind of dialogue. Thank you!

By Jayadevan P C

Jun 19, 2020

Its a useful course for those are not native English speakers and for professionals and students. Its well organized. Also instructions and instructors are very nice.

By Dina G

Apr 30, 2020

it is an interesting course helped me in improving my pronunciation and encouraged me to talk more confidently,i would to thank every professor worked on this course.

By Ilyes L M

Mar 10, 2020

this course teaches you all the basics of speaking English, how to introduce yourself, your product, how to interrupt people politely and ask for clarification....etc

By Carolina G M

Jul 02, 2020

I learned in great way of this wonderfull course of speak english.

very grateful for your teachs

I feel very very happy and fortunate of be your student.

Great exitos!!

By Saira T

May 22, 2020

Excellent course. I loved learning each module. It helped me a lot broadening my understanding to improve speaking fluently. Thank you Coursera for this opportunity.

By Anandraj

Mar 24, 2018

Good Course I am very liked it. past weeks i am really like college student for interaction with other students i got new ideas and all thank you so much coursera...

By Rushikesh L

Great course!!! I've benefited a lot by joining this course. I would suggest to non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

By Tejal P

Jun 25, 2020

The coursera online course is too good .

I lerant many new things from this course

How to communicate with others and how to apply for interview .

Thank u so much .

By Carolina G

Apr 12, 2020

the program is short but complete, I learn a couple of things that i didn't know, the program is very organized and easy to understand.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!