Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

1 - 25 of 595 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Rama T

Apr 01, 2019

This course is absolutely wonderful and Mr Sachs is a fabulous instructor. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and definitely expanded my understanding of the environment and where we stand on sustainability. I cannot say enough about the course content, really! My cribs, and judging by the forums it appears everyone faced these issues, is that the course is outdated and needs a refresh. Several links that appear during the course (i.e. in the weekly tests) often take you to updated content while the question is linked to an earlier year or some other content altogether. I would suggest using Google wisely to hit upon the right content or trawl through the discussion forums where a mentor might have added the right link. I must commend the mentors too who respond promptly and efficiently. Another bit I wasn't aware of is that there is no certificate so in case that is your agenda, then I would suggest hop across to

https://www.edx.org/course/age-of-sustainable-development-2 where one can avail of a certificate and I believe the SDGS are updated as well. ( And I hope the links are updated as well). Do take this course, you will not regret it and Jeffrey D. Sachs is really, really good!

By Arielle D

May 25, 2019

Very interesting but all links were not updated resulting in the impossibility to answer correctly to some of the quizzes.

By Ben B

May 16, 2019

This class is informative however, it is dated and has errors on quizzes.

By Joshua K B

Mar 06, 2019

Some of the links and corresponding charts are not working. like that of the questions related to vizhub. Or the WHO data. It would also appear that many of such questions relate to old data that is no longer available and should be updated. Thanks!

By Katharina B

Jul 21, 2019

Great content wise but many source links are outdated and websites have changed! Especially for quizzes and the final exam some sources were thus not adequately available. Recommend updating these :)

By Simon Y

Jul 19, 2019

Fantastic!

By Nailya T

Jul 19, 2019

Thank you so much! Very inspiring course.

By Marco Z A

Jul 17, 2019

Un curso completísimo con una visión general y científica muy adecuada a una temática tan compleja

By Joanna E K

Jul 09, 2019

It was a fanatic cross-section of what should be known about sustainability and more. I learned new tools that I can use to collect data. The lectures were very interesting. I recommend to anyone who cares about our planet.

By laila k k

Jul 07, 2019

One of the most brilliant courses that I have undertaken twice so far.. and mentor! Hats off to Professor Sachs, with what simplicity are such complex issues covered... holistically, and with passion. I shall return to it again to refresh the memory..

By Susan W

Jul 07, 2019

Excellent course. Dr. Sachs is an interesting lecturer and I felt I gained a comprehensive overview of sustainable development issues. It’s such a great course, would be wonderful if the references to primary sources could be updated. Thank you!

By Swapna S P

Jun 30, 2019

amazing way of explaining concepts. easy to grasp content with graphical representations.

By Juan G S

Jun 27, 2019

Great Course!!! Very intense and very hard to pass :))) But it change my life how to see things in this new era

By Peter D

Jun 27, 2019

Tough class... makes you thing deeply and go beyond the coursework to gain insights.

By Mayelly M

Jun 11, 2019

Excellent course - learned a great deal

By Ashmitha S

May 31, 2019

would prefer to receive a certificate of completion

By Upasna S

May 23, 2019

Its a good course for someone wanting a nice bird-eyes view of whats happening in the world in terms of economics, growth, health, education, agriculture et al. As well as for understanding the interrelationships between these. As also, the key issues facing the world and what we have been doing so far. So, overall a brilliant overall view!

I have a problem with the questions though - the format and type of questions in the end of unit and final exams were mostly of Data Interpretation type i.e. reading of graphs - which is not really the skill one is looking to grow via this test - the questions could have been more application type - eg. the DALY application calculation questions, Rule of 70 application, specialisation impact calculation illustration, even the in-unit graph readings etc. which make it easier to understand the linkages etc.

But, all in all a great experience!

By Huzaifa S

May 19, 2019

Amazing Course

By Otgonzul

May 16, 2019

There is one problem which is some test question link did not found(404 error). Please update it. Thank you. It was amazing course.

By Amy B J

May 09, 2019

A huge thank you! Very insightful and thought-provoking course

By José I M E

Apr 28, 2019

Hi, I loved this course. However I'm a bit surprised that didn't got a certificate for doing it. That's why I didn't put 5 stars.

By Albert A

Apr 22, 2019

Great course! I have never learned so many important and interconnected things in such a short period. Sincere thanky to Professor Sachs!

By Hiromasa S

Apr 21, 2019

This course is very fine. But certain links are not linked. It is very dificcult to answer quetions.

By Munise T A

Apr 18, 2019

Professor Sachs is a wonderful lecturer and I really feel like I had a good understanding of sustainability. I think this lesson can be useful for anyone with any kind of profession because the subject is like liberal education.

By Anaiz G F

Apr 11, 2019

Best Course available online for people to learn about sustainable development and implement in the methods in a society, which is getting collapsed by society itself.