Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

101 - 125 of 686 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Asmita D

It can be regarded as an exemplary course for anyone who wishes to know about sustainable development and what are the aspects that can be looked into in order to achieve it. It provides insights on the global status on all the components (biodiversity, ecology, energy use) that are to be addressed for global sustainable development.

By Nicolas E

Oct 10, 2016

its a very interesting course who try to give a complet view of the one of the most challenge of XXI century, the sustainable development, i really enjoy the different chapters of the course, and i think the proffesor Jeffey Sachs is great expositor and have easy going arguments that guide u to undersentand the goals for the future.

By Robert U

Apr 13, 2020

This course is absolutely brilliant. It really helped me in gaining more informations about sustainable development, being at a master about environmental studies and sustainable development. It was such a pleasure to watch Mr. Sachs throughout the courses. He deserves the whole recognition in the world. Really, really satisfied.

By Manoj S

Jul 28, 2017

One of the best course i have ever participated on. Very good i highly recommend this course to other MBA students. I have read some of the authors books like The Age of Sustainable Development, The End of Poverty: How We Can Make It Happen In Our Lifetime, common wealth and they are all good, worth reading it. cheers.

By Cynthia K

Sep 12, 2015

Professor Sachs is extremely knowledgeable, and explains everything in perfect detail. He is an excellent teacher. This class has opened up my mind and heart to the problems and solutions of sustainable development in the 21st century. Thank you Coursera for offering this extremely important educational opportunity.

By Julian D

Mar 21, 2017

Great survey course about sustainable development, covering all aspects including economics, health, urban development, energy, climate change, and many others. Only downside is that it leaves you somewhat depressed at the potential for humanity to pull itself out of what appears to be a speeding train to doom :-(

By OKOJI R U

Sep 11, 2017

Absolutely billiant, very informative. Highly recommended for everyone. It teaches you things you never knew and gives you indepth knowledge on sustainable development. Now I am confident to hold a conversation and even work effectively in this area. It is the perfect beginners course for sustainable development

By Roberto S

Oct 21, 2015

Amazing course in which you learn loads of things from social to environmental topics (even geographical knowledge). Professor Sachs is an enthusiastic one and you will learn in a fun and entertaining way. One of the best things to me is the websites you will visit during the course. So, enroll in it and enjoy!

By jurema p

Jun 20, 2017

Final Examination had many questions that did not relate with the contents that we saw in the Chapters, such as questions n.21, 22,23 and 24 please replace them !

I liked specially the Graphs and the Data Banks presented by organizations such as The World Bank. UN, WHO, FAO, etc.

Thanks and keep the good work !

By Kristina v C

Jan 09, 2016

It was very informative, one could discuss and compare the situation in different countries in politics.

The course was oriented to America and especially to New York, where the Professor is working, but it also gave me a very good overall look on the global situation.

Thank you very much for the great course!

By Ronald P

Mar 20, 2017

This is the best course I have ever taken. Professor Sachs did an amazing job in putting together such a great material for us. It covers every single aspect of Sustainable Development, going from in-depth historical background to potential challenges to be faced in the future. Words cannot describe how mu

By Xi C

Jan 21, 2018

Great introduction to sustainable development. Materials are easy to understand and engaging through the series of videos and quiz. Some links in the quiz are not working, but it's a minor point. Overall, I learnt a great deal & inspired me in my next job that has a focus on sustainable development.

By José M V

Apr 28, 2020

Espectacular el curso, muy buenos temas. Metodología simple, pero atractiva, que permitía estar concentrado por las preguntas que estaban en la mitad y los controles que en la mayoría de las preguntas eran de aplicación, que permitían buscar nuevas fuentes de información, útiles para usos futuros.

By Juan C L B

Oct 09, 2017

Excellent course, everyone must understand what is the issues in the plant and take a action for a better future to the our and next generations, is important to know what was the first and whats is happening now with our environment, our food and other goods than allow us to have a quality life.

By Issaka Y

Dec 07, 2016

a horrible perishing, SD MUST BE ACHIEVED! The knowledge gained out of this course is by far beyond "a mere awareness on SD". The course ought to be part of a curricula and further enriched to yield a degree, thus opening up more perspectives for life and career development. BIEN JOUE, PROFESSOR!

By Carmen L D G

Oct 17, 2018

This is a very complete course if you are interested to learn about Sustainable Development from the beginning. You will start understanding why the economy, society and environment, always joined to a good government of our countries; are the key to reach the balance of our civilization future.

By Dr. C S A Z G

Aug 31, 2019

I really enjoyed learning new topics, and then with the quality of tremendous teacher! For me, it was a challenge every exam, because it requires a lot of preparation; I received it from both the videos and the super demanding exams. This was an online course that is worth passing. Thank you!!!

By Szabó G

Sep 05, 2019

I loved the course!! The topics were diverse but still very related! It has helped me to understand sustainable development as a complex, multidimensional concept. I would like to emphasise the passion and knowledge dr. Sachs shows for the topic! He is a real role model for me professionally!

By Maria L O V

Jan 22, 2016

Very impressive course, the lectures and assignments are very well organized and are quite interesting.

It is very important topic for everybody in today's world.

I hope a lot of people are encouraged to take this course, so everybody can start contributing to changing our world for the better.

By Saleem A

Feb 16, 2018

this course is the most important study that i have dune in my life

it is really compelling every one in this planet must take this course

thank you JEFFRY D SACHS you are my hero, you are really the greatest economist in the 21 century.

why you haven't been the president of the USA yet !!

By ellen s

Sep 29, 2017

I love the course very much because I gained a more well-rounded understanding about Sustainable Development rather than just being skeptical about why the world works this way or that way. Current problems are indeed complex, and this Prof. Jeff Sachs explained it thoroughly from A to Z.

By Matías V S

Apr 05, 2017

Curso interesante para conocer el marco económico, social y medioambiental global. Si bien es bastante general en los temas tratados, permite tener una visión sistemática de los hechos que han guiado al concepto de desarrollo sustentable y presenta ciertas directrices para poder lograrlo.

By Moureen K

Mar 27, 2018

The beginning is not always easy but if you are committed to achieving your goals, you will do everything it takes to succeed. I am glad I didn't give up and was able to beat the deadline with victory. Thank you Professor Sachs for the great lectures. Thank you UNDP for sponsoring me.

By Kristin H

Aug 03, 2019

This was such a valuable course. Dr. Sachs presents a compelling case for sustainable development in a factual, compelling, and understandable way. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to better understand the complexities of sustainable development and how we can achieve it.

By Jorge I

Nov 20, 2015

Awesome course. Jeffrey Sachs' understanding and eloquence to decipher and explain the new challenges arising from the unprecedented occurring and upcoming changes is just ineffable.

Recommended to anyone wanting to know more about this new approaching era of sustainable development