Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

101 - 125 of 614 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Viktoria K

Nov 27, 2016

Very insightful course, covers a lot of information, motivates to continue learning within the field. Thank you very much for these interesting past few months!

By Princessa W

Feb 05, 2018

Great course, learnt a lot about the importance of sustainable development. There is need for improvements in updates of information and course material.

By Hao X

Jan 04, 2016

This is a greatly comprehensive course about sustainable development. Prof. Sachs addressed many crucial situations and urgent problems that we face with today regarding global economic growth, environmental sustainability and social inclusion. He not only analysed their causes, but also provided well-thought, heartfelt solutions based on large amount of interdisciplinary studies. I am positively influenced by the wisdom and compassion presented in the course.

The design of assignments is conducive to learning and encourages me to explore pertinent resources in the field of sustainable development. The assignments themselves are informative and resourceful.

Learning this topic through the course has broadened my perspectives about the world I live in and has shed light on my own path as where to go for the best as a biologist, and first of all, as a human being. THANKS!!

Jan 25, 2016

Excellent course, well rounded and each section compliments the learnings of others. Thank you so much Jeffery for providing this to us for free.

By Fernando C

Sep 02, 2017

Excellent course to learn about sustainable development, climate change, education, food security, health, biodiversity. Thanks Prof. Sachs for share all of this knowledge.

By Angelica M C

Oct 03, 2016

So far, the best course I took. Very timely and relevant. Coming from a very technical/scientific background, this course taught me about the nuances of governance, policy-making, corporate responsibility among many other things. It is good to have a historical and global perspective of economic development, the aggregate of human activities and our impact to the planet. While it seemed bleak to accomplish the goals set forth to obtain sustainable development, Dr. Sachs ended in a hopeful note. We do need more people that will ask and answer the question: "Why not?" I wish to learn more, if not work to help sustainable development a reality. While the SDGs are interconnected, I hope there will be a more detailed online course about each to the extent that people can focus on one or two. For my part, I would like to learn more about the underpinnings of SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy. SDGs 12 and 10 also form my core personal values and causes. Now looking for related-reading materials.

By Juan M A

Aug 25, 2015

One of best courses

By Radi R

Nov 04, 2016

By far the best course I have seen in coursera. I have bought the book, downloaded every video and engrossed myself in it. captivating!!!!

By Sarthak T

Jun 15, 2017

Highly Knowledgeable

By Soizic B

May 29, 2017

It´s really interesting and it is a pity that we can not get a certificate. It is really complete and gives a lot of resource websites to get information and data from.

By Sian P

Dec 31, 2016

An excellent course which guides you through practical and theoretical issues which puts great technical detail into the broader subject matter of sustainability.

By Matías V S

Apr 05, 2017

Curso interesante para conocer el marco económico, social y medioambiental global. Si bien es bastante general en los temas tratados, permite tener una visión sistemática de los hechos que han guiado al concepto de desarrollo sustentable y presenta ciertas directrices para poder lograrlo.

By Christa G

Aug 13, 2017

Excellent course. It was comprehensive, clear, well organized and provided deep and insightful learning. Best course I have taken on-line!

By Guyon-Lebrun

Mar 07, 2017

Interesting, brilliant ! A must-read !!!!

By Jonna B

Jun 14, 2017

Great content, however the test and data need to be updated to current events. Would recommend

By Rafael F

May 17, 2017

Excellent! You get to know a bit of history, therefore you can learn about the evolution of the concepts and why we have the ideas of today's sustainable development. It also gives you a wide range of what do we need for sustainability and what is being done. Very good!

By Ana M S O

Nov 15, 2016

Excellent

By raja a

Mar 03, 2017

Thank you Professor Sachs for the lectures. Truly delightful and enjoyable to learn through the courses, and see humanity's inspiring endeavours in setting our path into the age of sustainable development!

By Wilson A D C

May 11, 2018

It's an excellent course. It has a lot of good material and the explaination by Profesor Sachs in each and all subjects is striking.

By Rita M

May 23, 2017

Brilliant course, brilliant lecturer! It's a shame that some of the links in the assessments are no longer working, but it's possible to work around it and the value of the course totally outweighs the little technical problems. Definitely recommended to those willing to learn about sustainability (and this should be basically everyone)!

By Johnny S

Sep 14, 2016

Great course. Informative, though provoking and inspiring. Could do with a slight update to include recent events, but it's still awesome.

By Ahmed S M

Nov 15, 2016

Great course!

By Martina C

Feb 25, 2017

Prof. Sachs was able to open my eyes about a lot of subjects I had never deepen before. I suggest this coure to anyone wants to become more aware of the real life that surrounds us. Thanks Prof. Sachs!

By Linda T P

Apr 18, 2017

Great course. Interesting to learn about historical errors and what lead to the SDG's.

Sustainable Development is the way to go.

An update would be interesting though

Thank You Pr Sachs and mentors.

By Natasha B

Jun 19, 2017

An incredible learning experience, understanding history of economic development, the impact of humans on our resources and options for sustainable development across the critically important SDG's! Thank you for informative and enlightening course!