Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

201 - 225 of 606 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Karen D

Aug 13, 2015

Changed my life, best course I've ever taken!

By Liudmila B

Aug 17, 2015

Thank you, Mr. Sachs! The course is great.

By Nash M - S

Jan 07, 2017

This course warrants a certificate. What a shame it does not.

By Margaret S

Oct 21, 2015

Wonderful course. Everyone should take this it.

By Alec L

Mar 22, 2016

Unbelievable quality and density of information. Even more so because it is free!! Incredible! Hats off to Jeffery D. Sachs and this revolutionary work for our world.

By Karthik M

Dec 13, 2015

A course that helps you reflect on the mankind's contemporary and future challenges. This course warns the mankind to change its trajectory for its own good. After completing this course, I wonder why many governments are oblivious to serious threats that endanger homo-sapiens and decided to do what I can do within the sphere of my influence to save our beautiful planet "Earth". Thank you Dr. Sachs!

By Camila A d R

Oct 27, 2016

I loved it! very interesting!

By Ranodeb R

Jul 14, 2017

A great course for people who have a conscience and want a better world for our children.

By ellen s

Sep 29, 2017

I love the course very much because I gained a more well-rounded understanding about Sustainable Development rather than just being skeptical about why the world works this way or that way. Current problems are indeed complex, and this Prof. Jeff Sachs explained it thoroughly from A to Z.

By Gloria A G T

Nov 09, 2017

Very interesting course. I learned a lot and inspired me to continue studying about sustainable development.

Easy to follow and understand, the quizzes and exams were very dynamic, so you understand and go beyond the lectures and research more about the topics.

By Deborah G

Sep 17, 2017

I have learnt a lot, and I will keep learning more. Now I feel inspired to get involved more directly, like volunteer workdays, getting active with ONGs, etc. Thank you very much for this course, hope many people around the world does this course so we all can understand the problems we are facing already and invest in sustainable development.

By Rebeca B B

Nov 22, 2015

Excellent course, comprehensive material, good classes!

By Lee S Z

Nov 19, 2016

Good!

By Karsten F

Aug 01, 2017

The course is exellent!

But some of the quizes are outdated due to changes in linked websites.

By Paula B C

Mar 24, 2017

Great course! All subjects are well explained and Professor Sachs makes the videos very interesting and enjoyable to watch.

By Mahmudul H

Nov 24, 2015

It is very helpful to now about sustainable development

By Zhanna

Sep 06, 2017

Enjoyed this course a lot! My scope of knowledge about the world history, challenges and present situation in the world has increased immensely. The content is very interesting and easy to learn. Professor Sachs is the best. Highly recommended.

By Hao X

Jan 04, 2016

This is a greatly comprehensive course about sustainable development. Prof. Sachs addressed many crucial situations and urgent problems that we face with today regarding global economic growth, environmental sustainability and social inclusion. He not only analysed their causes, but also provided well-thought, heartfelt solutions based on large amount of interdisciplinary studies. I am positively influenced by the wisdom and compassion presented in the course.

The design of assignments is conducive to learning and encourages me to explore pertinent resources in the field of sustainable development. The assignments themselves are informative and resourceful.

Learning this topic through the course has broadened my perspectives about the world I live in and has shed light on my own path as where to go for the best as a biologist, and first of all, as a human being. THANKS!!

By Lee S Y

Dec 27, 2017

Covers many aspects of sustainable development. Needs to be updated though. Also, Coursera should provide Statements of Accomplishment as these were previously offered.

By Markus B

Oct 02, 2015

Great view over the big challenges of today and the future.

Excellent explaint and a lot of information about the history and the reasons of our problems on planet earth...

Gives you a profound knowledge how we should manage the future to have a better life for everyone.

By Linda W

Feb 24, 2016

It was like reading a good book, I couldn't keep away!

By Marta H

Mar 10, 2016

Very clear and concise.

By Manoj S

Jul 28, 2017

One of the best course i have ever participated on. Very good i highly recommend this course to other MBA students. I have read some of the authors books like The Age of Sustainable Development, The End of Poverty: How We Can Make It Happen In Our Lifetime, common wealth and they are all good, worth reading it. cheers.

By ABDULMUIZZ O O

Aug 29, 2017

This opened up my mind and strengthened my passion and support for good governance and sustainable development like never before. I had access to a lot of information and facts about the issues that interest me and were I want to make impact. To be be honest this is the best online course i have taken very intensive and engaging it was really worth it. Many thanks to Prof Jeff Sachs and all those who contributed to the success of this mooc.

By Hamid S

Nov 01, 2015

excellent course for any social and political activist of any country