Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

126 - 150 of 604 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Rodrigo T

Dec 30, 2016

Inspiring course. It gives you a precise image of the world and how it is developing and how general dynamics work.

By Mónica D F

May 30, 2017

Excelente curso.

By Carlo C

May 16, 2017

Very nice course and very informative. It helped my learn and broaden my view of the changes in the world and what we can do to mitigate, as well as prepare individually and as a country to these changes that are happening.

It informed of the things that I felt oblivious to, such as the Carbon concentrations in the atmosphere, and aquatic dead zones. These are the things that we need to consider with whatever Sustainable Development-related activities we do.

By Julian D

Mar 21, 2017

Great survey course about sustainable development, covering all aspects including economics, health, urban development, energy, climate change, and many others. Only downside is that it leaves you somewhat depressed at the potential for humanity to pull itself out of what appears to be a speeding train to doom :-(

By Anna R

Aug 05, 2017

Excellent course, well presented and great use of presentation materials to educate about a very necessary subject. Thank you Prof Sachs.

By Madhav B

Apr 12, 2018

Very important lessons, followed through by good examples of how the future of sustainable development can work (E.g permits for CO2 use, or the green revolution).

By Katrīna A

Jul 26, 2017

By Shaan K

Mar 27, 2018

This has been my motivator to work for the SDGs. Very insightful.

By Nguyễn T T V

Sep 15, 2016

Woa!! great!

By Leah H

Feb 26, 2017

This course was very interesting, and the lectures are wonderfully presented. I learned a lot and enjoyed the lectures each week. Thank you!

By SAURAV C

Nov 12, 2017

The course is total learning experience however it doesnt provide a certificate option, which is a major drawback to keep yourself motivated.

By Kirsten G

Sep 25, 2016

Interesting, engaging and valuable. Thank you!

By Daniel F M

Nov 06, 2016

This course should be taught in all schools in order to develop an awareness and a common goal around sustainable development. I really enjoyed the talks and Prof. Sachs is an incredible lecturer, engaging and knowledgeable. It would be good if it was a bit more updated and keeping the tabs on recent developments but overall i learned a huge amount and wouldn't doubt recommending this course to every individual in this world we share.

By Karin B

Jan 24, 2017

Very interesting course, and a privilege to have such an incredibly knowledgable professor.

By Maya S w

Jun 22, 2017

An exceptional course with extensive amount of information about sustainable development very nicely presented by Prof. Sachs and a lot of support material. Recommend it very strongly to anyone who is interested in sustainable development. It changes your view on every thing!

By Woojoo K

Feb 23, 2017

I am a graduate of mater in international relations and this course was very helpful for me to recap what I learned and improve my knowledge. I would highly recommend to everyone regardless of level of one's education or major.

By Sanjay M

Feb 20, 2017

A fantastic foundation in sustainable development. Well structured lectures and set at a good pace. Recommend getting associated book as it's good to refer back to.

By Elizabeth B

Aug 03, 2017

Super course very thought provoking and interesting. Certainly the content is bang on time wise. Really enjoyed it and Jeffrey Sachs passion for our world and it's people is infectious.

By Hugues R

Feb 08, 2017

Mandatory for every human being !!! Awareness and clear, deep understanding will put the people in the right lane for the race and the succes in sustainable development !

By Ava

Apr 21, 2017

Excellent course for anyone interested in receiving the best tuition from one of the most respected and renowned professors on the subject in the world. As someone who has suffered with terrible attention spans from a very young age in school (ADD, day-dreamer, still re-training the habit!), I managed to stay engaged through out the lectures and course. The video format is especially useful for someone like myself who needs to frequently pause, make notes, rewind to listen/watch the meaning of content again, and again. I was able to comprehend and digest complicated information, i.e., to actually let it sink in if I was unable to understand the first time around. Prof Sachs manages to draw in your attention and focus through his excellent AAA+ delivery, charm and genuine passion on this subject. Absolutely thrilled with results! Bravo!

By Lu C

Aug 23, 2017

A great course, highly recommend!

By August R

Apr 11, 2018

loved it! Jeffery Sachs once came to our university to have a speech (Peking University) and I wanted to read his book when i found out about this course. This course was better than hoped for!

By Bilal B

Nov 09, 2017

Recommend it to every human being.

By Martina F

Dec 31, 2017

should be compulsory in all schools!

By Precious

May 19, 2018

Fabulous course, many thanks to professor Sachs. It really speaks what the world is currently experiencing, from climate change to poverty. We may be in different countries across the world, but we do have one thing in common - Climate change can affect us all. The world we live in needs all of us to participate in sustaining its resources.