Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

AA

Jun 02, 2020

Very informative and detailed. Prof. Sachs covers all aspects of sustainable development in detail. Though the course was designed in 2013 hence does not cover the latest development to SDGs to date.

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

126 - 150 of 753 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Carmen L D G

Oct 17, 2018

This is a very complete course if you are interested to learn about Sustainable Development from the beginning. You will start understanding why the economy, society and environment, always joined to a good government of our countries; are the key to reach the balance of our civilization future.

By Dr. C S A Z G

Aug 31, 2019

I really enjoyed learning new topics, and then with the quality of tremendous teacher! For me, it was a challenge every exam, because it requires a lot of preparation; I received it from both the videos and the super demanding exams. This was an online course that is worth passing. Thank you!!!

By Szabó G

Sep 05, 2019

I loved the course!! The topics were diverse but still very related! It has helped me to understand sustainable development as a complex, multidimensional concept. I would like to emphasise the passion and knowledge dr. Sachs shows for the topic! He is a real role model for me professionally!

By Maria L O V

Jan 22, 2016

Very impressive course, the lectures and assignments are very well organized and are quite interesting.

It is very important topic for everybody in today's world.

I hope a lot of people are encouraged to take this course, so everybody can start contributing to changing our world for the better.

By Saleem A

Feb 16, 2018

this course is the most important study that i have dune in my life

it is really compelling every one in this planet must take this course

thank you JEFFRY D SACHS you are my hero, you are really the greatest economist in the 21 century.

why you haven't been the president of the USA yet !!

By Ellen S

Sep 29, 2017

I love the course very much because I gained a more well-rounded understanding about Sustainable Development rather than just being skeptical about why the world works this way or that way. Current problems are indeed complex, and this Prof. Jeff Sachs explained it thoroughly from A to Z.

By Matías V S

Apr 05, 2017

Curso interesante para conocer el marco económico, social y medioambiental global. Si bien es bastante general en los temas tratados, permite tener una visión sistemática de los hechos que han guiado al concepto de desarrollo sustentable y presenta ciertas directrices para poder lograrlo.

By Moureen K

Mar 27, 2018

The beginning is not always easy but if you are committed to achieving your goals, you will do everything it takes to succeed. I am glad I didn't give up and was able to beat the deadline with victory. Thank you Professor Sachs for the great lectures. Thank you UNDP for sponsoring me.

By Kristin H

Aug 03, 2019

This was such a valuable course. Dr. Sachs presents a compelling case for sustainable development in a factual, compelling, and understandable way. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to better understand the complexities of sustainable development and how we can achieve it.

By Jorge I

Nov 20, 2015

Awesome course. Jeffrey Sachs' understanding and eloquence to decipher and explain the new challenges arising from the unprecedented occurring and upcoming changes is just ineffable.

Recommended to anyone wanting to know more about this new approaching era of sustainable development

By Sebastian T

Jul 09, 2020

Began the course to search for a source of hope. Instead I learned of the dire situation that we are in and the urgent need that we change our course of action NOW. As the professor mentioned, we have a path moving forward, now we need to get to work and change business as usual.

By Alessia C

Jun 11, 2020

The course itself is really really good, Professor Sachs is knowledgeable and makes every lesson interesting and easy to understand. However, I think the tests need improving, as many links are broken or outdated, I found that a bit frustrating. All in all, it's worth following.

By Maya S w

Jun 22, 2017

An exceptional course with extensive amount of information about sustainable development very nicely presented by Prof. Sachs and a lot of support material. Recommend it very strongly to anyone who is interested in sustainable development. It changes your view on every thing!

By Noelia

Jul 06, 2020

I really loved this course. The best so far. Professor Sachs is fantastic. The only issue I found was that in some quizzes, the link to the questions wouldn't work and it was hard to get it the right answer. Thanks for the opportunity of doing this incredible online course.

By renee d

Oct 08, 2017

Overall a great course I loved it. Some of the links need to be updated as some websites and pages don't exist anymore, and I got some questions wrong that were very clearly correct. Apart from the few bugs a very informative course, Professor Sachs is a wonderful speaker.

By POOJA S

Oct 28, 2017

I'd like to thank Professor Sachs for this unique and inspiring course. It has increased my interest in sustainability and market economics by two folds. This course was to gripping that I completed it in just 3 weeks. Thanks again Professor Sachs and Columbia University.

By Octavio P

Aug 07, 2017

Very useful, professional and holistic course. Thanks a lot to Professor Sachs, to the University of Columbia and to Coursera for making this great course available to everyone. Raising awareness about the importance of sustainability starts by sharing valuable knowledge.

By Conrado T D J

Sep 26, 2016

Excellent material for today that determines the future! It engages one to think, act & move now for the love of our children and this planet! Truly, Prof. Sachs is one of the great prophets of today that reminds us what of what was spoken by great men 5,000 years ago!

By Oltean A

Jun 26, 2016

I found this course really useful and I recommend it for all the students or people that are interested about International Development, Sustainability, Problem solving solutions, or like the professor said, for the dreamers that hope that a better world can be possible.

By Nancy W

Oct 29, 2017

Excellent course. Unfortunately, Coursera does little to maintain the material, leaving the Mentors to correct obsolete data for the quizzes. Professor Sachs has presented excellent material. It's up to Coursera to keep the material up to date when they are informed.

By Rafael F

May 17, 2017

Excellent! You get to know a bit of history, therefore you can learn about the evolution of the concepts and why we have the ideas of today's sustainable development. It also gives you a wide range of what do we need for sustainability and what is being done. Very good!

By Markus B

Oct 02, 2015

Great view over the big challenges of today and the future.

Excellent explaint and a lot of information about the history and the reasons of our problems on planet earth...

Gives you a profound knowledge how we should manage the future to have a better life for everyone.

By Catharine P

Aug 04, 2020

An excellent, informative, and interesting course. The course could improve by updating the datasets required to complete assignments -- several websites no longer display the data necessary to answer exam questions. The course content is excellent and well-presented.

By Mónica A G

Jul 25, 2019

I loved the material and topics of the course, I think everybody shpuld take this course to understand the moment we are living in and the possible solutions to make this a better world. I just suggest to uptade the exam website links, since some of them are broken.

By Alexis T

Dec 26, 2017

Very interesting course, very well presented by Prof. Sachs. This course focuses on every field of sustainable development at the global scale with an international approach. Prof. Sachs' point of view as a UN advisor is extremly instructive. Thank you Prof Sachs!