Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

51 - 75 of 615 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Amaka M

May 28, 2017

The Age of Sustainable Development is very educative and informative. I recommend that this course should be made General Studies in every university. Sustainable Development is the responsibility of every person. Thank you, Prof. Jeffrey Sachs!

By Remi W B

Dec 19, 2015

Ive learnt so much about the world in general:)

By Corinna o

Dec 05, 2017

Well explaind and comprehensive t

By Leonardo E A d S

Jan 04, 2016

excelente

By julien v

Aug 03, 2017

Great MOOC

Tasks links with loads of interesting sites where to find statistics and other additional information.

Definitly recommandable!

By Andrea V

Feb 27, 2016

Este curso comprende lo básico de los problemas de la economía actual y de por qué y cómo debemos acercarnos a las soluciones por métodos alternativos y de alta tecnología.

By Julian D

Mar 21, 2017

Great survey course about sustainable development, covering all aspects including economics, health, urban development, energy, climate change, and many others. Only downside is that it leaves you somewhat depressed at the potential for humanity to pull itself out of what appears to be a speeding train to doom :-(

By Woojoo K

Feb 23, 2017

I am a graduate of mater in international relations and this course was very helpful for me to recap what I learned and improve my knowledge. I would highly recommend to everyone regardless of level of one's education or major.

By Sanjay M

Feb 20, 2017

A fantastic foundation in sustainable development. Well structured lectures and set at a good pace. Recommend getting associated book as it's good to refer back to.

By Sushant H B

Aug 07, 2017

The course was very informative and also very helpful.It gives the in depth understanding of the Global Scenario with lots of real life examples, charts and theories.I would like to recommend this course to every one who is planning to pursue their career in the field of development. Thank you Coursera Team for providing this opportunity to learn.

By Marcel T

May 04, 2016

Speechless,! I'll simply quote another reviewer who spelt it out in one short sentence " This is simply the best course you can ever take on coursera". Professor Sachs provided answers I have been looking for but couldn't find in countless areas. It would have been a shame if I lived through this life without ever discovering this astounding course.

By Guldane V

Feb 23, 2018

Instructor was perfect.

By João S d C

Mar 19, 2016

Excelent Professor, with great contents! A course that should be attended by everybody.

By David C

Nov 06, 2016

If you are looking for a MOOC please INVEST in this course, no matter who you are it will change your mind on the role the people have on Earth. It has been quite a pleasure to be part of the selected group of inhabitants from developing countries that realized not only problems of BAU path, but the alternative solutions to undertake sustainable development actions NOW! Thanks Professor Sachs and teaching team!

By Thor D

Dec 10, 2017

Really enjoyed reading Dr. Sachs book and follow the course on Coursera.

By Rodrigo T

Dec 30, 2016

Inspiring course. It gives you a precise image of the world and how it is developing and how general dynamics work.

By Ann M H

Mar 31, 2017

I initially came to this course looking for more environmental science knowledge, but I was surprised (in a good way) when the professor spent most of the time giving historical and economic context to the current environmental situation. He really helped me consider the "macro" of how we got to where we are, and how we can continue to move forward sustainably. He has incredible professional background in the subject matter, and it was exciting to hear about his personal involvement in creating international agreements. I've never thought so much about international relations before, and I'm happy I learned more than I expected to!

I would recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about international relations, politics, economics, world history, environmental science, healthcare, or international development. He really covers a lot! There's something for everyone, whether you have no previous knowledge or have already taken a few similar classes.

I loved how everything was in a predictable format of five 10-25 minute videos in each section with a 10-question quiz at the end. The videos were very engaging because they had interesting b-roll and even music! It felt like a documentary in a way. (Of course, you can also speed them up by making them play 1.25-1.5 speed.)

My only suggestion for improvement is for the TAs (or whomever) to go back through the quiz website links and update them. I ran into more than a few that were outdated and I had to hunt down the answer somewhere else, or just guess. This wasn't a major burden, though.

Thanks for an amazing course! I'm starting my next Coursera class right away!

By Jonna B

Jun 14, 2017

Great content, however the test and data need to be updated to current events. Would recommend

By Kübratül F Ö

Apr 25, 2017

this education is very useful and it is important for personal development.

By Bilal B

Nov 09, 2017

Recommend it to every human being.

By Martina F

Dec 31, 2017

should be compulsory in all schools!

By Precious

May 19, 2018

Fabulous course, many thanks to professor Sachs. It really speaks what the world is currently experiencing, from climate change to poverty. We may be in different countries across the world, but we do have one thing in common - Climate change can affect us all. The world we live in needs all of us to participate in sustaining its resources.

By SOW,Amadou

Apr 14, 2018

Simply one of the best courses I have had so far. The approach used is almost playful, it's like going back in time since the invention of the steam engine and until now ... This was also for me, an excellent opportunity in combine this course and literature review related to my Doctorat in Business Administration ... I hope that Prof Sachs, in the coming years will be able to update this course, with the latest developments on SGDs and other major development agendas, like ADB's 5 five, AU agenda agenda 2063 ... Excellent course that I highly recommend!

By Marcelo B C

Oct 10, 2016

Excelent course! Strongly recommend it!

By Sergey M

Feb 26, 2017

This course is very well designed and cover all major themesm giving overall and global view on current global development. Highly recommend to all!