Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

251 - 275 of 606 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Serhii P

Feb 15, 2017

This is one of the best courses that I've ever seen! And this is so crucial for us to understand everything claimed here and make our world sustainable. Thank you for the course!

By shehab y

Apr 01, 2017

One of the most eye-opening and enjoyable courses I have ever taken! Thank you Professor Sachs, and best of luck in the U.N.

By K S S d S

Sep 25, 2017

Excellent presenter! Invaluable servant of Gaia.

By Joaquín C M

Sep 21, 2016

This course is a "merit good" that it must be taught to everyone

By Aspar K

Jan 22, 2017

The course gave me a broad perspective on global issues and methodologies towards Sustainable Development.

By Camilo A G M

Jan 15, 2016

It's a really good course and it is very complete. It gathers a lot of issues and it shows the principle problems and the possible solutions to each one. Besides, Prof. Sachs gives an humanitarian approach with which I fully agree. The only recommendation I have is to give an accomplishment certificate because it´s a very long course and we have to put a lot of effort to finish it.

By Amit P

Jan 31, 2018

One of the best course about some of the pressing challenges we face today.

By Joshua U

Apr 08, 2018

A very thorough and informative overview of many topics related to sustainability. Plenty to learn for beginners or those familiar with the subject.

By Djordje S

May 15, 2017

Fantastic course. Prof. Sasch is probably one of the best thinkers in the world nowadays. His ideas make this place better. Simultaneously with the course I read the book with the same title. Such approach tremendously improved my understanding of the subject. The book is like encyclopaedia with lot of data and figures.

Thank you Professor very much and please keep going and working on these life important issues.

I hope that we will have opportunity to attend another Sasch’s course very soon.

s

By Jason S

Sep 30, 2015

Overall, the course is outstanding, bringing together diverse threads of Global Health, Climate Change, Economics, International Politics/Relations and more into a cohesive explanation of our current world challenges standing in the way of living together on this planet for a long time to come without our current inequalities and threats to life itself. I've recommended it to all my friends and colleagues and I recommend it to anyone who reads my review. It's a time investment, but well worth every second I spent.

By Marwa M A A E N

Nov 03, 2016

I reccommend it to anyone intrested in development

By Vishnu A

Aug 15, 2015

A great way to understand the basics surrounding sustainable development. Accessible to all, but also insightful. Prof. Sachs does a brilliant job!

By Rodrigo B d S

Dec 14, 2016

Very enriching course. It is very important to know better the world we live in, it's challenges and possible solutions.

By Nepcosimo M G

Jun 08, 2016

Amazing lecturer. I love the materials presented too. Thank you.

By Nicolas U

Jul 11, 2017

So logical! So freaking good!

By Pavlos I

Dec 11, 2015

Awesome course. One of the best here in Coursera.

By Josep J C

Feb 12, 2018

Thanks a lot! The best MOOC I have done in Coursera. Congratulations!!

By Juan P L V

Oct 08, 2015

excelent

By Lisa M P

Aug 12, 2017

The material learned in this course is crucial to the survival of our species on our plane. It should be learned by all people, no matter what industry you work in.

By Narmin

Nov 22, 2015

The course provides basics of Sustainable Development in a comprehensive way. Easy to understand and follow, rich with examples, and interesting content.

By Ricardo V F

Mar 19, 2017

By far, one of the best courses I've taken at Coursera. It opened my eyes to the phenomena around us, and what the co-relation between all the factors in our lives amounts to the changes we've induced to the planet. It has made me rethink my own life, my work, and the urgency I have as volunteer member of a Disaster Risk Reduction to multiply this information to as much persons as I can. Dr. Sachs explains every detail and definition with such simplicity that it makes it possible for anybody to understand the severity of the challenges were faced at this moment in time.

By Anastas B

Oct 24, 2015

Great course! Very comprehensive and instrumental, highly recommended!

By Terry

Jun 02, 2016

a great course.... loved it!

By Rajiv S

Jul 06, 2017

A Marvelous Course for a technocrat like me. This course has inspired me to explore more on Development Economics. I thanks Prof for such a enlightening course and make us understand things like sustainable development in a world when each of us are only interested in their own development. This course should be made compulsory for all bureaucrats planned and politician in third world country. Thanks prof from my core of the heart.

By tomislav j