Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG

May 19, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

KA

Jul 26, 2017

The course was very interesting and relevant but a lot of data is outdated, some links are not working or have been changed. I would advise to review the course according to the latest developments.

226 - 250 of 606 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By ABDULMUIZZ O O

Aug 29, 2017

This opened up my mind and strengthened my passion and support for good governance and sustainable development like never before. I had access to a lot of information and facts about the issues that interest me and were I want to make impact. To be be honest this is the best online course i have taken very intensive and engaging it was really worth it. Many thanks to Prof Jeff Sachs and all those who contributed to the success of this mooc.

By Tomás A

Aug 11, 2017

Gran curso sobre Desarrollo Sostenible. Altamente recomendable.

By Carlos H

Sep 17, 2017

A very complete and current matter course, prof. Sachs he is an authority on SDGs.

By César A V G

Nov 03, 2015

Excelente curso, es impresionante saber lo crítico de la situación en el mundo y que tan frágiles somos. Entender por qué debemos cambiar nuestros hábitos de producción y consumo para no acabar con nuestros recursos ni con la calidad del aire. Gracias a este curso ahora estoy más comprometido a cambiar y ser agente de cambio para que otros sean conscientes de lo irresponsables que hemos sido en los últimos 100 años de constante contaminación ambiental.

By Liudmila B

Aug 17, 2015

Thank you, Mr. Sachs! The course is great.

By Margaret S

Oct 21, 2015

Wonderful course. Everyone should take this it.

By Karthik M

Dec 13, 2015

A course that helps you reflect on the mankind's contemporary and future challenges. This course warns the mankind to change its trajectory for its own good. After completing this course, I wonder why many governments are oblivious to serious threats that endanger homo-sapiens and decided to do what I can do within the sphere of my influence to save our beautiful planet "Earth". Thank you Dr. Sachs!

By Indumathi A

Sep 13, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed this course since Prof. Sachs was so knowledgable in all the aspects of SD- economic, political, social and environmental. I could see from the last video that he is very passionate about what he teaches.

I have gained so much knowledge from this course and I am very grateful to Prof.Sachs for doing this.

Indumathi

Environmental Science Student

India

By Lee S Y

Dec 27, 2017

Covers many aspects of sustainable development. Needs to be updated though. Also, Coursera should provide Statements of Accomplishment as these were previously offered.

By Markus B

Oct 02, 2015

Great view over the big challenges of today and the future.

Excellent explaint and a lot of information about the history and the reasons of our problems on planet earth...

Gives you a profound knowledge how we should manage the future to have a better life for everyone.

By Hamid S

Nov 01, 2015

excellent course for any social and political activist of any country

By khongorzul

Aug 16, 2016

Brilliant!

By Jose B

Nov 19, 2015

Full of the diverse sub topics about sustainable development the course is pretty good in motivating you to consider this astounding subject that sadly requires a let's say continuation to allow you to make every thing that is discussed part of your life.

By Anne V B

Jan 29, 2017

Loved this course is a shame that is not possible to pay a personalized certificated other than that is a great course.

By Carlos D F

Dec 02, 2015

Great course. Gives great ideas in the path I will follow...

By CESAR A A M D O

Mar 10, 2017

Excellent. Brillant lectures!

By Laila

Jun 11, 2017

This course gave me a clear explanation about sustainable development in various aspects. Informative and enlightening. Recommended for everybody interested in macroscale sustainable issue.

By Prashanth V

Jun 04, 2017

LOVED IT!

By Alan A N T

Dec 10, 2017

Me dio todo lo necesario para comprender de una manera holística el reto medioambiental por el que la humanidad estamos pasando.

By Fons S

Jan 24, 2017

Essential knowledge for the 21st century

By Carmen Z

Feb 11, 2016

Highly recommended!

By Serhii P

Feb 15, 2017

This is one of the best courses that I've ever seen! And this is so crucial for us to understand everything claimed here and make our world sustainable. Thank you for the course!

By Javier D T G

Oct 27, 2015

Excelente introducción al Desarrollo Sostenible.

By José B S C

Sep 22, 2015

I am a doctoral student in economics and political science. I had read Professors Sachs book, The End of Poverty, when I was in high school. I decided to take a basic course out of curiosity. While I belief the course is very basic and somewhat long, it does a wonderful job at introducing The Age of Sustainable Development. A light course, but provides a solid foundation for those who are interested in the topic!

By Nikitha R N

May 01, 2017

This is the best course I've taken up on Coursera. Prof. Sachs is a delight to listen to and his passionate way of teaching, which is real and practical, makes me look forward to the lectures. Thank You Professor. And Thank You Coursera :)