Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF

Apr 27, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY

Apr 22, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

76 - 100 of 584 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By MIMOUN E R

May 06, 2020

Sincerely it was a very interesting and rich course I learned a lot of skill on the pronunciation like linking intonation stress and instress words in the sentence I am satisfied. Thank you a lot

By Karyna L

Jul 22, 2020

I'm really impressed with this course, it's a great opportunity for both beginners and intermediate level students. I will definitely recommend this course to my friends! Thank you!

By MARIA A H E

Sep 25, 2020

As a student at a language school, I can say that this course has helped me a lot to improve my English speaking skills. I know that it was a great idea enroled for this course.

By NEHA

Jun 06, 2020

I learned so much in this course. The quality of the course is amazing. The course cleared the air around many concepts I was struggling with. Thank you UCI, Thank you Coursera.

By Junior H D

May 02, 2020

This is something that I needed indeed to improve and enhance my English pronunciation due to not native teachers in my country to help me out with this specific matter, thanks.

By CARLOS E S P

Jan 21, 2020

Excelente curso! Adorei a metodologia e as avaliações. Sem dúvida, ele me ajudou bastante a melhorar minhas habilidades de comunicação na variedade americana da língua inglesa.

By Leonice P d R

Jul 29, 2020

This course is well designed. It includes clear explanations, and it also provides some practice. I learned and improved my pronunciation of American English for sure. Thanks.

By Denis R

Jul 06, 2020

It was a very useful course for me. I learned some tricks and tips on pronunciation and of course, they`re importants for my listening. Thanks a lot to every teachers.!!!!!

By T. P K

It's a wonderful and so helpful course in order to master the language and fluency. It really helped me so much, thanks to the lecturers and to the Coursera online platform!

By Kelly R

Really offers a good summary, but go for their specialization if you want to go deeper into pronunciation. Course is flawless, but peers unfortunately give unfair feedback.

By Rattanakorn​ N

Aug 04, 2020

Very great course! I'd like to say thank you to all teachers. You provided the really helpful media. I love the way you taught and I love my peers' supportive reviews.

By Jesús s P

Nov 18, 2019

Es una excelente plataforma en la que poco a poco estoy desarrollando mi pronunciación y lectura de inglés y no es lo único que ofrece esta app.

Hay muchas más cosas!!!

By Saheefa A

Apr 01, 2020

The instructors were very clear in their objectives.

I enjoyed the course and therfore completed it before the schedule . Thanks Coursera for making learning so easy!

By Jobanpreet k

Jun 04, 2020

It is a great course for beginners . It walk you through all the important intonation , the american sounds and connected speech. For a beginner it is a great start.

By JEERANAN P

Really really love this course.You can spend a bunch of time during the pandemic to brush up the American English Pronuncuation.Hightly reccomendation for everyone.

By Andrea D

Sep 23, 2020

Great course! It helped me to be more aware of intonation and linking. You can download the videos, scrips, and practice pronunciation throughout the whole course.

By Ahmed A S M

Jul 26, 2020

This American English speaking course really helped me to improve my English speaking. It was a best American English speaking course that i took ever in my life.

By Jonathan M

In this course I had the opportunity to improve my speaking and listening skills. Now, I am able to understand in better way native speakers of English language.

By Karla L C T

Aug 05, 2020

Muchisimas gracias, aprendí bastante con este curso. Tenía muchas dudas con respecto a la pronunciación del idioma inglés cuando lo empecé pero ya las aclaré.

By ajay k

May 06, 2020

Great learning pls provide the free certificate course more I request u bcz u am giving training poor student this course will help in my education startup pls

By Ghadeer N Z

Apr 25, 2020

amazing course, will make you pay attention to the right way English sounds are pronounced when you listen and improve your speaking skills, totally recommend.

By Muneeba S

Jul 06, 2020

it was an extraordinary experience learning with Coursera......and the course has been extremely helpful to me....i would really recommend this to everyone...

By sandeep b

Jun 09, 2020

This is the best course to learn American English pronunciation. For sure, the learners will know the difference in their speech before and after the course.

By VANIA

Jun 01, 2020

Excellent course. The videos are really clear, the excersises very usefull. You can find a lot of tips to improve your pronunciation and put it on practice.

By Eufranio D

Aug 29, 2020

It was a very good experience, I learned a lot from this course and, I need to say thanks to the whole staff that worked at the elaboration of this course.