Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF

Apr 27, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY

Apr 22, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

101 - 125 of 461 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Luis E R S

Nov 14, 2019

This course is excellent! It helps a lot and gives very good advice to sound more fluid. Thanks for everything! Keep in that way!

By 力 張

Mar 04, 2018

This course is nice. I practice my English pronounciation very well. By the way, it can help me understand spoken English easily

By Inga S

Jun 14, 2020

This course is great! It's very useful and contains all the necessary and important information on pronunciation! Thanks a lot!

By Cristopher R T P

Jun 07, 2020

Good course, the professors were very clear. The pensum was ideal for non native English speakers to improve our pronunciation.

By Rewadee N

It's a very terrific online course. It made me develop myself a lot. Thank you to all the teachers who taught me this skill.😊

By Mohammad N S K

May 22, 2020

This course is very good. If you really practice regularly with the following instruction, You can improve your pronunciation.

By Javeria R

May 09, 2020

It's a fantastic course. I am an ESL tutor from Pakistan and it really helped me in understanding the American Pronunciation.

By Yingke Y

Sep 05, 2017

Excellent course. I found so many subtle mistakes when speaking English, which I hardly recognized before taking this course.

By ruby

Oct 02, 2019

This course really is a useful tool for learning to say (for those who are beginners) English words. I highly recommend it.

By Montserrat G L V

Jun 20, 2020

The course is excelent, is a big challenge. excelentteachers too. Thanks for give me the opportunity to learn this couse,

By shwe y

Apr 30, 2020

Very informative lecture for me. I'm glad to see with all the instructors and collaegues.

Thank you for your instructions.

By Juan C R B

Jul 03, 2020

It was a really good and nice course! Easy to follow and with good explanations on the topics you go through every week.

By MACHERLA N

Jun 02, 2020

i am very glad to inform that, thank you for giving this oppurtunity to learn this Tricy Aerican English

Pronunciation.

By Abdolazim R

May 04, 2020

I am very happy to finish this lesson. In fact, it improved my English and now I understand conversations better. Thanks

By Bahareh K D

It was a helpful course, and I enjoyed it so much. It was my first experience in Coursera. It motivated me to keep on.

By Adoui f

Jul 09, 2020

You are the most great coach i have ever

dealt with .the honor is mine .thanks for being such a great instructors .

By Anuchita S

Jun 15, 2020

This course make me know about how to speak correct words in English , Make me confident more when I'm presentation

By Sara A A W

Dec 18, 2018

It is very very useful course , you 'll know a lot about the american pronunciation , study hard and keep going .

By Sourav M

Jun 10, 2020

Its a truly helpful course which has helped me to eradicate my problems of pronunciation. Thanks to the faculties.

By Yoko T

I was able to understand the basics of pronunciation. There are so many things I don't know and I learned a lot.

By Sara M H S

I highly recommend this course, It helped me to improve my American English Pronunciation in a very short time.

By Fatima A

Jun 19, 2020

I highly recommend this course to everyone who faces difficulties while pronouncing American English Language.

By Karmela

Jun 11, 2020

I would definitely recommend this course. You will learn a lot from the lesson and the activities are awesome.

By Maria G V B

Amazing course!! Really helpful. It was easy to understand the tricky parts of American English pronunciation.

By Jahidul I M

Apr 10, 2020

an outstanding course filled with important materials to learn American English quite properly and accurately.