Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF
Apr 26, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY
Apr 21, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

101 - 125 of 709 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Jobanpreet k

Jun 4, 2020

It is a great course for beginners . It walk you through all the important intonation , the american sounds and connected speech. For a beginner it is a great start.

By JEERANAN P

Really really love this course.You can spend a bunch of time during the pandemic to brush up the American English Pronuncuation.Hightly reccomendation for everyone.

By Andrea D

Sep 23, 2020

Great course! It helped me to be more aware of intonation and linking. You can download the videos, scrips, and practice pronunciation throughout the whole course.

By Ahmed A S M

Jul 25, 2020

This American English speaking course really helped me to improve my English speaking. It was a best American English speaking course that i took ever in my life.

By Jonathan M

In this course I had the opportunity to improve my speaking and listening skills. Now, I am able to understand in better way native speakers of English language.

By Fabian M

Sep 27, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, I learned a lot from its videos and exercises. Now I'm going to keep practicing with a little more confidence in my pronunciation.

By Karla L C T

Aug 5, 2020

Muchisimas gracias, aprendí bastante con este curso. Tenía muchas dudas con respecto a la pronunciación del idioma inglés cuando lo empecé pero ya las aclaré.

By ajay k

May 5, 2020

Great learning pls provide the free certificate course more I request u bcz u am giving training poor student this course will help in my education startup pls

By Ghadeer N Z

Apr 25, 2020

amazing course, will make you pay attention to the right way English sounds are pronounced when you listen and improve your speaking skills, totally recommend.

By Muneeba S

Jul 6, 2020

it was an extraordinary experience learning with Coursera......and the course has been extremely helpful to me....i would really recommend this to everyone...

By sandeep b

Jun 9, 2020

This is the best course to learn American English pronunciation. For sure, the learners will know the difference in their speech before and after the course.

By VANIA

Jun 1, 2020

Excellent course. The videos are really clear, the excersises very usefull. You can find a lot of tips to improve your pronunciation and put it on practice.

By lwin m n

Nov 16, 2020

I'm so happy and interested in Tricky American Pronunciation. It's very useful for me because I'm so weak in it. Thank you all of my teachers who teach me.

By Eufranio D

Aug 29, 2020

It was a very good experience, I learned a lot from this course and, I need to say thanks to the whole staff that worked at the elaboration of this course.

By Leticia C

Aug 22, 2020

This is an amazing course! It helped me to understand the tricky sounds that wan't clear for me. I loved the listening exercises and speaking assignments.

By Daniel H M A

Jul 6, 2020

It's been a very effective overview of the sounds you need to master if you want to interact in English. Your listening and speaking skills will improve.

By Renato d S P

Jun 23, 2020

Excellent pronunciation course! I would recommend it to anyone looking to perfect their knowledge on AmEng sounds and advance their pronunciation skills.

By Danelis Z T E

Jul 27, 2020

I loved the course, I understood topics that were difficult for me, the explanations are very clear to understand. I totally recommend it! thanks a lot!

By Magdalena G

Mar 23, 2018

Very useful course! I have learnt many new things. Before I had known that I pronounce some words incorrectly because I was unaware of phonemic symbols.

By Anderson C A d S

Jun 24, 2020

This course has been very proveitos, in a few weeks has got improving my pronunciation furthermore, Brought the opportunity of increase my knowledge.

By Asiyah N

Jul 13, 2020

Thank you for all the teachers to share their knowledge to me. Although i need a lot of practice to strengthen my listening and speaking capability.

By Ruth F

Jul 5, 2020

This is the first online course that I always look forward to opening. This has been the best. Now looking forward to another course in Coursera! :)

By helizabeth l m

Jul 14, 2020

Me ayudo mucho , creo que ahora tengo un poco mas de seguridad al hablar, auqneu se que me falta desarrollar mucho mas mis habilidades. gracias!!

By Derridj A

Jun 3, 2020

very use full course i love it and big thanks for the teachers who make this course more easy to learn i suggest everyone to take this course.

By Sehresh M

May 3, 2020

Very good course. It helped me improve my pronunciation with clear tips. I recommend it for everyone who wants to learn the English language.