Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

MA

Aug 24, 2017

I really recommend this course for all who want to improve their English skills.\n\nit was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.\n\nCoursera is the best.

FU

Apr 28, 2017

Just finished the free mode course. This course is really great. I was expecting a lot from it, and I am very surprised it exceeded my expectations.

101 - 125 of 137 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

r

s

By Vladimir N

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for this course. I've audited it. The course was very interesting. I've known many new things for me. it's very understandable course. i'm gonna recommend this course to my friends, who only begins studing english.

By ROSA A D V

Jun 13, 2019

excelent!!

By Fatima-zahra E

Aug 18, 2019

a very benefit course ,i like it

By nour o

Sep 08, 2019

It's was helpful course,and I learned many things from it..

Thanks teachers, thanks Coursera

By Meshkura

Sep 11, 2019

absolutely useful course

By Soumen K B

Sep 20, 2019

I like the way Prof teaches and course structure is very effective for me to learn

By Imam A S

Sep 19, 2019

very useful and a great course for people with pronunciation difficultly

By Evgeniya S

Aug 30, 2019

Superb!!!!

By fahad a s a m

Aug 30, 2019

good

By jjimenezr24@hotmail.com

Sep 03, 2019

super good

By Ahmed S

Sep 25, 2019

it really helped my with my English pronunciation

By ruby

Oct 02, 2019

This course really is a useful tool for learning to say (for those who are beginners) English words. I highly recommend it.

By Le T P T

Dec 10, 2018

Is there any other way to complete this course shorter than 1 month?

By Mohamed R A N

Nov 20, 2018

many thanks

By shahnawaz a

Nov 08, 2018

That's good for me!

By Yanira C B G

Mar 11, 2019

This course is very interesting

By Carlos A Z

Nov 30, 2018

Muy Bueno! gracias!

By HECTOR R L M

Jul 30, 2018

This is an excellent course

By Asafoetida

Jun 27, 2017

It's very g

By Jaime P

May 04, 2017

Es muy chingon algo osea chido

By Mehdi J

Jan 17, 2018

The course is great but i don't like the grading method.

I think one of the teachers should do the gradings.

By Jael T

Jun 21, 2017

I really liked all the information presented, but I wished the "Q and A" sessions with the Irving profs had been longer. They were so short and I never felt like they completely expanded on anything. A full quarter of each video was spent introducing the profs, who I had met in the other videos! I thought they had fantastic tips and advice, and I wished you had made them longer. :-)

By Divya B D