Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

FF

Apr 27, 2020

the tutors were explained all subject clearly to us, non boring and easily understood. thankyou for helping us, i'm gonna practice more so i could improve my english pronounciation in the future.

PY

Apr 22, 2020

They helped and taught me about American Englsih Pronunciation correctly which made me improves myself and encourage to speak out much more.\n\nThank you so much for a good course from Coursera.

126 - 150 of 626 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Arthur T

Oct 24, 2019

I corrected my pronunciation, began to speak more confidently and clearly. Great course. I am very grateful for such an opportunity.

By Gemi S

May 22, 2020

The course has given me new insights into how American pronunciation is defined. Clear instruction and explanation! Thank you UCI!

By Soraya y

Apr 25, 2020

It is an absolutely interesting course . I love how they explained each part in a very clear way. Tutors are amazing and helpful.

By shizhen ( J

Apr 08, 2020

Helps me figure out some tricky pronunciation issues, such as intonation, consonants. I learned a lot from this course! Thank you!

By Marianne L

Jun 04, 2020

The course indeed helped my listening and speaking skills. This course exposed me to the different tricky English pronunciations.

By Erika Y S S

A really excellent course where I could learn in an interactive an easy way. The tutors were really professional and aim to help.

By Luis E R S

Nov 14, 2019

This course is excellent! It helps a lot and gives very good advice to sound more fluid. Thanks for everything! Keep in that way!

By Gabriela C N

Sep 30, 2020

I learned a lot about how to pronounce correctly some difficult word for us non-native speakers. I highly recomend this course.

By 力 張

Mar 04, 2018

This course is nice. I practice my English pronounciation very well. By the way, it can help me understand spoken English easily

By Inga S

Jun 14, 2020

This course is great! It's very useful and contains all the necessary and important information on pronunciation! Thanks a lot!

By Cristopher T

Jun 07, 2020

Good course, the professors were very clear. The pensum was ideal for non native English speakers to improve our pronunciation.

By Rewadee N

It's a very terrific online course. It made me develop myself a lot. Thank you to all the teachers who taught me this skill.😊

By Mohammad N S K

May 22, 2020

This course is very good. If you really practice regularly with the following instruction, You can improve your pronunciation.

By Javeria R

May 09, 2020

It's a fantastic course. I am an ESL tutor from Pakistan and it really helped me in understanding the American Pronunciation.

By Yingke Y

Sep 05, 2017

Excellent course. I found so many subtle mistakes when speaking English, which I hardly recognized before taking this course.

By HERMOGENES B A

Jul 23, 2020

THIS IS VERY GOOD FOR THOSE WANT TO IMPROVE THEIR PRONUNCIATION. IT IS LIKE A REFRESHER AND THE INSTRUCTORS ARE OUTSTANDING.

By Ruby M

Oct 02, 2019

This course really is a useful tool for learning to say (for those who are beginners) English words. I highly recommend it.

By Mark A R R

Sep 11, 2020

I really enjoyed this course so much. So many things to learn while having fun at the same time. Really effective as well.

By Montserrat G L V

Jun 20, 2020

The course is excelent, is a big challenge. excelentteachers too. Thanks for give me the opportunity to learn this couse,

By shwe y

Apr 30, 2020

Very informative lecture for me. I'm glad to see with all the instructors and collaegues.

Thank you for your instructions.

By Shovan D

Sep 25, 2020

My heartfelt thanks for all instructor. I learn so many things. Hope I will use my skill to improve my speaking ability.

By Juan C R B

Jul 03, 2020

It was a really good and nice course! Easy to follow and with good explanations on the topics you go through every week.

By MACHERLA N

Jun 02, 2020

i am very glad to inform that, thank you for giving this oppurtunity to learn this Tricy Aerican English

Pronunciation.

By Abdolazim R

May 04, 2020

I am very happy to finish this lesson. In fact, it improved my English and now I understand conversations better. Thanks

By Marzuki B M

Jul 28, 2020

They helped me use english properly and i was able to improve myself.Thank you so much for a good course from coursera.