Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

MA

Aug 24, 2017

I really recommend this course for all who want to improve their English skills.\n\nit was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.\n\nCoursera is the best.

MG

Mar 23, 2018

Very useful course! I have learnt many new things. Before I had known that I pronounce some words incorrectly because I was unaware of phonemic symbols.

126 - 143 of 143 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By HECTOR R L M

Jul 30, 2018

This is an excellent course

By Asafoetida

Jun 27, 2017

It's very g

By Jaime P

May 04, 2017

Es muy chingon algo osea chido

By Mehdi J

Jan 17, 2018

The course is great but i don't like the grading method.

I think one of the teachers should do the gradings.

By Jael T

Jun 21, 2017

I really liked all the information presented, but I wished the "Q and A" sessions with the Irving profs had been longer. They were so short and I never felt like they completely expanded on anything. A full quarter of each video was spent introducing the profs, who I had met in the other videos! I thought they had fantastic tips and advice, and I wished you had made them longer. :-)

By Divya B D

Mar 29, 2018

good teachers and teaching

By Rochester

Apr 10, 2018

The prnunciation tricks are very useful,but the lessons are far from engouh to study.So I reconmand that adding more prnunciation trick lessons.Thanks!

By William X

Aug 15, 2017

shadowing conversation is great method to practice pronunciation and intonation.

By Ahmad M

Jan 30, 2018

this is awesome

By LeAttol ( E L

Oct 10, 2017

My only qualm is that this course is geared towards ESL students instead of aspiring perfectionists. Perfection is nec

By Mohamed M A

Jul 25, 2019

So good

By michellezheng

Sep 22, 2019

It is not that difficult for me ,and the content is good for non English speakers.I hope that teachers can join us for interaction some day in the future.

By Iris O

Sep 04, 2019

me gusto el curso solo es practicar, para tener mas habilidad

By Nehal H

Oct 08, 2019

It is a good course and i learnt much from it.

Thank you.

By MOHAMAD H E Z

Jul 12, 2018

I like this course because it helps you with the speaking skill, which needs practical practicing in the real learning but it worked online!. I also liked that I had to record my self and that give my an overview on my pronunciation problems. I wish the course had focused on more topics and had other ways in the activities.

By Xiao L

Nov 04, 2017

Some of the stuff are really useful. I can't believe I have pronounced -ed wrongly for so many years! But is there a forum for this course? If there is, I couldn't find it. Please make it more visible. I just want to ask whether it's me not getting it right or the instructor really pronounces SUGGEST as /səg'dʒest/ and OFTEN as /'ɔːftən/? Because I thought the first G in SUGGEST and T in OFTEN should both be reduced.

By Mohamed O

Jun 17, 2017

good

By Nguyễn K T

May 03, 2018

It is not free to complete this course. I am really so sad.