Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

MA

Aug 24, 2017

I really recommend this course for all who want to improve their English skills.\n\nit was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.\n\nCoursera is the best.

CD

Nov 05, 2017

If English is not you native language, you can benefit enormously from this course, specially if you have been speaking English for a long time.

126 - 150 of 165 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

Oct 30, 2017

Super!

By fahad a s a m

Aug 30, 2019

good

By Dilip K M

Mar 28, 2018

Apr 01, 2017

!

By Jael T

Jun 21, 2017

I really liked all the information presented, but I wished the "Q and A" sessions with the Irving profs had been longer. They were so short and I never felt like they completely expanded on anything. A full quarter of each video was spent introducing the profs, who I had met in the other videos! I thought they had fantastic tips and advice, and I wished you had made them longer. :-)

By michellezheng

Sep 22, 2019

It is not that difficult for me ,and the content is good for non English speakers.I hope that teachers can join us for interaction some day in the future.

By Rochester

Apr 10, 2018

The prnunciation tricks are very useful,but the lessons are far from engouh to study.So I reconmand that adding more prnunciation trick lessons.Thanks!

By LeAttol ( E L

Oct 10, 2017

My only qualm is that this course is geared towards ESL students instead of aspiring perfectionists. Perfection is nec

By Mehdi J

Jan 17, 2018

The course is great but i don't like the grading method.

I think one of the teachers should do the gradings.

By William X

Aug 15, 2017

shadowing conversation is great method to practice pronunciation and intonation.

By Le T P T

Dec 10, 2018

Is there any other way to complete this course shorter than 1 month?

By Iris O

Sep 04, 2019

me gusto el curso solo es practicar, para tener mas habilidad

By Nehal H

Oct 08, 2019

It is a good course and i learnt much from it.

Thank you.

By Yanira C B G

Mar 11, 2019

This course is very interesting