Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

MA

Aug 24, 2017

I really recommend this course for all who want to improve their English skills.\n\nit was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.\n\nCoursera is the best.

FU

Apr 28, 2017

Just finished the free mode course. This course is really great. I was expecting a lot from it, and I am very surprised it exceeded my expectations.

26 - 50 of 138 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Ehtasham R

May 23, 2017

I have enjoyed my course. will missed it. looking for more.

By JUAN P P O

Feb 17, 2018

Excellent course

By 邓婕

Jul 05, 2017

很有帮助

By Gurpal S R

Jul 25, 2017

Really a wonderful course and I picked up few interesting things like how helpful an innocuous looking technique of "shadowing a speech" can be, connected speech nuances, musicality element of speech, prosodic components etc etc.

MCQ assignments were really complementing the course content coverage and really brought in some challenging set of questions. At the same time though i felt some where those audio assignments were a tad easy to do, but no complaints about the overall content. This is my 4th course with UCI and I must say they have a wonderfulllllllll team and above all COURSERA I love you a lot..... May all success come to Coursera all the time...

By deepika c

Feb 22, 2018

It is an amazing course.Thanks a lot.

By Leila M G F

Apr 18, 2018

Great course!

By Fernando H U

Apr 28, 2017

By Yingke Y

Sep 05, 2017

Excellent course. I found so many subtle mistakes when speaking English, which I hardly recognized before taking this course.

By Magdalena G

Mar 23, 2018

Very useful course! I have learnt many new things. Before I had known that I pronounce some words incorrectly because I was unaware of phonemic symbols.

By Pablo

Aug 24, 2017

Since the beginning I thought this course could help me improve my pronunciation in English. But it is a resource to all teachers who want to give simple examples to students to speak better, and for anyone who wants to speak and pronounce more naturally.

By JOSÉ H M Q

Apr 10, 2017

Excellent course

Thank you. God bless you

By Marcia B T

Feb 05, 2018

Although I did not upgrade to the paid version, the course has helped me identifying and pronouncing different sounds and clusters. In addition, I learned that recording my voice while speaking in English and shadowing conversations are very useful and effective exercises.

By Sagi S

Apr 05, 2018

Very practical course to improve american English pronunciation.

By Davronbek R

Dec 21, 2017

Good structured

By Paulo S d C

Apr 18, 2017

Really Great.

By Eugene Z

Sep 26, 2017

Великолепный курс. Ничего лишнего. Великолепная подача материала позволяет понять все тонкости произношения, которому, к моему глубокому сожалению, не все изучающие язык уделяют должное внимание. Огромное спасибо преподавателям...

By Camila C F

Oct 06, 2017

Este curso me ajudou muito a entender melhor e ser entendida! Recomendo muito!

By Julios r

Mar 27, 2018

Great course! Helped a lot!!

Thank you!

By Cleandho M d S

Sep 08, 2017

Really useful! I'm loving do this course

By Aivars M

Apr 01, 2017

!

By Anderson M B N

Feb 15, 2018

Thanks for this course UCI !

By Karina Z

Sep 03, 2017

Very useful course! I have learned a lot of new things that I will use in practice.

By Mahmoud A O a G

Oct 19, 2017

it's just awesome

By Muhammad A

Jul 21, 2017

Specially last 2 weeks are awesome for advanced users.

By Maria D