Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

SA

Apr 01, 2020

The instructors were very clear in their objectives.\n\nI enjoyed the course and therfore completed it before the schedule . Thanks Coursera for making learning so easy!

MA

Aug 24, 2017

I really recommend this course for all who want to improve their English skills.\n\nit was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.\n\nCoursera is the best.

26 - 50 of 170 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Luis E R S

Nov 14, 2019

This course is excellent! It helps a lot and gives very good advice to sound more fluid. Thanks for everything! Keep in that way!

By 力 張

Mar 04, 2018

This course is nice. I practice my English pronounciation very well. By the way, it can help me understand spoken English easily

By Yingke Y

Sep 05, 2017

Excellent course. I found so many subtle mistakes when speaking English, which I hardly recognized before taking this course.

By ruby

Oct 02, 2019

This course really is a useful tool for learning to say (for those who are beginners) English words. I highly recommend it.

By Sara A A W

Dec 18, 2018

It is very very useful course , you 'll know a lot about the american pronunciation , study hard and keep going .

By Camilo P

Jan 11, 2020

I think this course it is so important when you are learning English. Now I am a beginner and am very excited.

By Izzatullah A

Sep 10, 2018

Well, thanks for the course and i learned a lot of new things here under the supervision of best teachers.

By Rodrigo d S M

Mar 30, 2020

I Loved this course! Not only my pronunciation is better now but it was also a funny and joyful course!!

By Imankulov R R

Feb 16, 2020

Реально учат произношению и специфике Американского Английского, с возможностью отработки произношения.

By MARCUS F H C

Mar 07, 2019

Great course! It makes us pay attention to the tricky American english pronunciation of some words.

By Runzhou Z

Mar 26, 2020

I really like this course. Maybe it seems like being on an introduction level, but it did help!

By nour o

Sep 08, 2019

It's was helpful course,and I learned many things from it..

Thanks teachers, thanks Coursera

By Remah A

May 18, 2019

it'll help you but you need to listen more and try more like what they said in every video.

By Fatma E

Jan 24, 2019

this course helped me alot to understad the american accent and it was realy useful to me .

By Soumen K B

Sep 20, 2019

I like the way Prof teaches and course structure is very effective for me to learn

By Maria J D

May 15, 2019

I loved this course, I learned a lot. Thanks all teacher, thanks about opportunity.

By Karina M

Sep 03, 2017

Very useful course! I have learned a lot of new things that I will use in practice.

By John C V S

Sep 24, 2017

I am very glad with this course, really help me to understand better. Thank you

By Camila C F

Oct 06, 2017

Este curso me ajudou muito a entender melhor e ser entendida! Recomendo muito!

By Augusto S P C

Feb 07, 2020

Ótimo curso ! Excelente didática e dinâmico para a proeficiência da língua !

By Tatsiana

Jul 02, 2017

This couse has discovered for me really English pronunciation. Thanks a lot!

By Yasmeen R K

Dec 22, 2019

It was amazing! Everything was awesome! Thanks a bunch, for everything ^_^

By Aya A

Jul 13, 2019

This course really helped me to be better in pronunciation ,Thanks a lot !

By Imam A S

Sep 19, 2019

very useful and a great course for people with pronunciation difficultly

By Sneha R G

Jan 09, 2020

Very amazing course for improved english skills 😊 Thanks for make this