Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

MA

Aug 24, 2017

I really recommend this course for all who want to improve their English skills.\n\nit was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.\n\nCoursera is the best.

CD

Nov 05, 2017

If English is not you native language, you can benefit enormously from this course, specially if you have been speaking English for a long time.

151 - 163 of 163 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

Jul 25, 2019

So good

By Xiao L

Nov 04, 2017

Some of the stuff are really useful. I can't believe I have pronounced -ed wrongly for so many years! But is there a forum for this course? If there is, I couldn't find it. Please make it more visible. I just want to ask whether it's me not getting it right or the instructor really pronounces SUGGEST as /səg'dʒest/ and OFTEN as /'ɔːftən/? Because I thought the first G in SUGGEST and T in OFTEN should both be reduced.

By MOHAMAD H E Z

Jul 12, 2018

I like this course because it helps you with the speaking skill, which needs practical practicing in the real learning but it worked online!. I also liked that I had to record my self and that give my an overview on my pronunciation problems. I wish the course had focused on more topics and had other ways in the activities.

By Yuliya C

Dec 03, 2019

Очень не хватало оценки преподавателей, некоторые ученики совсем не владеют английским и очень странно получать feedback только от них.Спасибо!

By Mohamed O

Jun 17, 2017

good

By Cynthia M P T

Mar 28, 2020

El curso dice que es gratuito y luego exige que solicites el certificado, porque si no no puedes avanzar. Una lástima, si es gratis, no debe haber trampas. tricky course !!

By Nguyễn K T

May 03, 2018

It is not free to complete this course. I am really so sad.