Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

MA

Aug 24, 2017

I really recommend this course for all who want to improve their English skills.\n\nit was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.\n\nCoursera is the best.

MG

Mar 23, 2018

Very useful course! I have learnt many new things. Before I had known that I pronounce some words incorrectly because I was unaware of phonemic symbols.

51 - 75 of 143 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Magda A

Sep 19, 2017

excellent, this course helped me a lot

By Qinglai H

Jul 11, 2017

Great and very helpful!

By Tatiane B

Jun 18, 2017

I'm still taking the course, but I can not stay without leaving my comment. He is simply wonderful. Congratulations to the team that idealized it.

Sorry for the mistakes but I'm starting to study English.

By Alexis K L

May 08, 2018

very good

By 力 張

Mar 04, 2018

This course is nice. I practice my English pronounciation very well. By the way, it can help me understand spoken English easily

By Muhammad W A

Nov 02, 2017

Very useful!

By Ehtasham R

May 23, 2017

I have enjoyed my course. will missed it. looking for more.

By JUAN P P O

Feb 17, 2018

Excellent course

By 邓婕

Jul 05, 2017

很有帮助

By deepika c

Feb 22, 2018

It is an amazing course.Thanks a lot.

By Fernando H U

Apr 28, 2017

Just finished the free mode course. This course is really great. I was expecting a lot from it, and I am very surprised it exceeded my expectations.

By Camila C F

Oct 06, 2017

Este curso me ajudou muito a entender melhor e ser entendida! Recomendo muito!

By Cleandho M d S

Sep 08, 2017

Really useful! I'm loving do this course

By Davronbek R

Dec 21, 2017

Good structured

By Karina Z

Sep 03, 2017

Very useful course! I have learned a lot of new things that I will use in practice.

By Mahmoud A O a G

Oct 19, 2017

it's just awesome

By Pablo

Aug 24, 2017

Since the beginning I thought this course could help me improve my pronunciation in English. But it is a resource to all teachers who want to give simple examples to students to speak better, and for anyone who wants to speak and pronounce more naturally.

By Muhammad A

Jul 21, 2017

Specially last 2 weeks are awesome for advanced users.

By Maria D

Nov 01, 2017

very helpful

By Viet T

Jun 27, 2018

Great course. Thanks.

By Anderson M B N

Feb 15, 2018

Thanks for this course UCI !

By Guilherme N R d L

Jul 12, 2018

I totally recommend this American pronunciation course.

By Heba G M M