Back to Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques by Google

In this course, we'll give you the tools to quickly identify and solve real-world problems that you might come across in your IT role. We'll look at a bunch of different strategies and approaches for tackling the most common pitfalls of your code and IT infrastructure. You'll learn strategies for approaching almost any technical problem and then see how those apply to solving different real-world scenarios. We picked examples that include general system issues, issues with software that someone else wrote, and issues with programs that we wrote. We'll talk about problems that can affect any operating system, and we'll also look at challenges specific to certain platforms and scripting languages. We strongly recommend that you’ve taken the prior courses in this program, or already have knowledge of Python and Linux so that you can follow along with our troubleshooting examples....

SF
Aug 15, 2020

Great course. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and debugging. Not only learned to troubleshoot small issues but also bigger issues with applications, equipment, servers, network, etc..

BP
Aug 7, 2020

Excelente curso, excelente instructor. Una gran cantidad de información muy útil.\n\n***********************\n\nExcellent course, excellent instructor. A lot of very useful information.

1 - 25 of 219 Reviews for Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques

By Sacha v W

Apr 6, 2020

It is part of the IT specialization with Python. In my view too little python. In most video a bunch of functions are mentioned that support debugging. These are just mentioned and not practiced. Most of the time do not involve Python. If there is some python code you get a glance of a longer piece of python code. So you learn little python. Also after the long list of functions that can support you there are questions on these functions (that you have not used). You can't code along. It was watching too much video and do little. Qwiklabs in general too easy or unclear. I really like course 1, 2 and 3. But this one really required my persistence to the limit to finish. Pfff.... happy to move on to the next. It can only get better, I hope. Thanks anyway for the attempt

By Michael M

Mar 27, 2020

I would like to have seen more hands on exercises throughout the course. There was a lot of just watching videos.

By Ahmad Z

Aug 13, 2020

the content is pretty much good but the most of the videos are only talking with lots of hands on during explaining the concepts or explaining with more automations i suggest this course to be only reading course as the video is too long and i can't catch the concepts explained well as it based only in verbal plus the tutor is moving a lot which distracting me and sometimes some concepts she mis exaplin it clearly and i had to pause the video to google it to get a good grasp, some general note every tutor in this course should create a repo or give us access to the source code to make our habds dirty and follow along in the videos.

By Lokesh D

Apr 23, 2020

So Boring

By Jaiganesh B

Sep 16, 2020

It was a good course ,The course contains so many concepts and tools though it is tough to remember all the tools ,I suggest to provide the cheatsheet at the end of the module which contains all the tools we've used in this module that will be more usefull

By Hitik S

Jun 7, 2020

good

By Akshay C

Nov 12, 2020

Debugging and Troubleshooting are the skills that comes with practice, this course gives you a whole set of tools and ideas that helps you the next time, when you faces a crashing or slow running program or system. It also gives you various practical scenarios and examples from the expertise of google, and the best practices or pathways to tackle those issues.

Instructor Amanda is a great persona, there is a ton of information she conveys in every minutes of the lectures. The labs-hands on practical's with the course are well structured, with multiple ways of doing a challenge(that's how a real problem will also look like, its about figuring out which is the best method).

This is a great course for anyone who looks for an IT role or simply deals with coding, OS's and computers, every thing is explained, it's not made to teach you the complete things related to debugging, no one can do that, but it just expands the vision and ideas that flashes into your mind when you encounter similar problems, that idea combined with a googling will lead you to quick solutions.

You just need a little terminal and basic python knowledge to start. I can say, there will be no such courses like this because only companies like google(with the vast expertise and documentation) and willingness to teach others can only come up with something great like this. Thanks.

By Ben J

Jul 13, 2020

I was pleasantly surprised by this course. From some of the previous reviews I thought this may be less enjoyable than the other courses in the series. However, I found the content to be very interesting and hopefully applicable to my everyday life. The presenter was excellent although she was obviously talking way slower than she is used to. I played most of the course at 1.75 speed to compensate and she actually seemed more natural at this speed. Some of the assessment labs were a bit weird in that they were either too easy or too difficult. They didn't seem to reach a happy medium at any time. I think this is because the course is trying to use the labs both to teach and to assess and also sometimes the instructions were not a clear as they could have been. Overall however, a really good course - five stars from me.

By Antony J

Aug 5, 2020

After completing the previous three courses, "Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques" came as a bit of a surprise and needed a shift in gears. Whereas the previous courses in the certificate were code-heavy and could be followed along on a local machine, this course had a lot of traditional lectures on high-level material. This includes soft skills such as time-management, communication and managing expectations. The final lab in the series was the toughest so far in the certificate and builds on material taught in previous courses in the program. Really impressed with the curriculum, the presenters and the labs. Looking forward to the next course on cloud computing!

By We Y T

Mar 17, 2020

This is truly a great course for IT specialists! I really enjoy learning the troubleshooting and debugging techniques discussed in the courseware. Many problems mentioned in the courseware are things I've encountered before personally, and I either had a hard time, or I wasn't confident in resolving them on my own. Now I feel equipped. The assignments are amazing! They are challenging and they match my skill level in programming! Kudos to the curriculum organizer!

By Timur U

May 14, 2020

All aspects of this essential course will be useful for future IT carrier roles. One of them is the debugging code. Previously, it was definitely a complicated part of IT specialist duties for me, but after this course, I'm more confident about this stuff, especially, after linear and binary search algorithms chapter and test. Thank Amanda Ballas for the amazing encouragement of studying important chapters and interesting scenarios for lab, quiz, and tests.

By Krzysztof S

Nov 3, 2020

I am glad that I have learned about multiprocessing, multithreading and memory management. I hope to use those techniques to make things go faster. The binary search and the debugging techniques were very interesting too! The "Rubber Duck Debugging" is y far my favorite. It always works

Thanks #growwithgoogle and #coursera for providing well structured material. I hope to get it done before Santa's visit!

By Richard J P

Mar 7, 2020

For the simple reason that there were less jokes in this course, I'll rate this 5 stars. Just kidding, I enjoyed the jokes from the last 2 courses since they helped keep the edge off from learning difficult things.

I've really enjoyed this course because the labs were practical and the things you've learned here can be applied to anything that needs a logical perspective in problem solving.

By Sourav D

Sep 11, 2020

Awesome course!

It gives us a vast amount of knowledge of the IT field which is very much important in an IT specialist Role.

In this course, we learn about how to troubleshoot and debug problems in a step by step approach. I learned a lot of things there and the special thing about this course is the real-world example we are handling throughout the course.

By Sofia S

Sep 21, 2020

It was fantastic. Everything she taught me was very useful, all those troubleshooting techniques and all those tools that I ignored. Managing time and prioritize, fixing issues temporarily and preventing issues happening in future. Really helpful in my current job but equally applicable in any work I have to do. Thank you and all the best!

By Jianxu S

Mar 22, 2020

Absolutely one of the best on-line courses I have taken. Amanda did an excellent job explaining some really complex concepts and practical techniques. I definitely will apply what we've learned in this course in real world situations. Thanks for making this course available.

By Ahmed E E M

Oct 25, 2020

It's a great course that I think every computer science student should equip him/her self with these great techniques of thinking and great tips and solutions to prevent tons of problems that sure thing you'll face at some point of your career from happening.

By Naura E

Aug 5, 2020

Loved the pace and the content of the teaching. There was a huge amount of information to digest and that was a bit challenging but also exciting and fun. Qwicklabs were on point and very educational. 5/5 for content+instructor. Thank you, Googlers!

By Juan C J

Sep 25, 2020

I learned a lot in this course. It was challenging but it absolutely cool. The instructor knows what parts are hard and gives wise advises to pay closer attention to these tricky parts. Congratulations on the content and real-world scenarios.

By Lokesh M

Aug 8, 2020

Really good course that provides massive insight into real world problems and debugging and troubleshooting. The emphasis on documentation and good practices in these courses are immense and provide good exposure into real world scenarios.

By Aswin R

Sep 28, 2020

This is a pretty good course for people who wants to do their own way of optimizing their code for efficiency and if at times they software crashes or misbehave... we know how to debug and troubleshoot the system if required

By Mark Q

Oct 4, 2020

The best part of this course is learning a lot of new ways to fix code. I had a great experience understanding new concepts and techniques of debugging and troubleshooting. Overall, this was an awesome course.

By Sergio F

Aug 16, 2020

By Jack H

Apr 5, 2020

Good review for me for most of this.. but I learned a lot more than I expected. I think it proves that there are endless possibilities and that collaboration is key in this business.