Back to New Models of Business in Society

Learner Reviews & Feedback for New Models of Business in Society by University of Virginia

In this course we will be discussing the emergence of a new story about business. This new story locates business within a societal framework. Almost every business creates or destroys value for customers, suppliers, employees, communities and society, in addition to shareholders and other financiers. A number of new models of business can be built on this idea such as corporate responsibility, philanthropy, shared value and sustainability. Profits and stakeholder value go together, and this course explains how. The final session explores the idea of how to become a stakeholder entrepreneur and create a business that makes money and makes the world a better place....

CS

Nov 13, 2015

One of the most intriguing and thought-provoking courses I have ever done. I'm really pleased of finding and doing this course. It responds to my desire of doing good to society through business.

JO

Dec 28, 2017

We had always wanted to kick start something here in Nigeria but needed a core training on what to do and how to go about it. I am excited because the course stated core practical examples .

1 - 25 of 157 Reviews for New Models of Business in Society

By Joseph O

Dec 28, 2017

By Samuel D

Sep 27, 2018

Great course. I really liked it.

By Linda E

Aug 16, 2015

Very good course. I am enjoying it immensely.

By Boris M C

Sep 28, 2015

It was an extremely inspiring Course, Thanks!!!!!

By Oscar J D R

Sep 19, 2015

Just two words, passion is everything!

By Angela.Cristine d O F

May 24, 2017

Excellent course! I have confirmed so many thoughts about how we can see the world... Very powerful, and consistent theme. Im glad to completed it.

By Kelulun B

Aug 18, 2015

A great course which can inspire you to rethink the old business model and give you a new meaning of the current business world.

By Leonardo

Oct 29, 2017

Excellent Dr. Freeman. The best business approach for the 21st century challenges.

By Rehab B

Sep 02, 2016

I enjoyed this course very much and I love the message behind it. It does influence the way I see business positively. No matter how idealistic the morality of business might seem, it is still realistic. I appreciated the philosophical approach as well. I recommend anyone who is interested in both, business and making the world a better place to take a look at it.

By Cecilia G

Sep 26, 2015

Excellent and very interesting. Now a lot of work to do to change to the New Models Of Business In Society. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

By Michael M H

Oct 16, 2015

Very inspiring course that relates to a lot of the issues we see in business environment today.

By Peter Q

Jan 06, 2016

Very practical point of view to a new paradigm of doing business from soemone who cares deeply about the subject. I especially profited from the perspective of business with a purpose that tied together aspects that I had heard in other contexts. Thank you very much professor Freeman!

By Mostafa C

Jul 30, 2017

Great course with practical examples, Thank you

By Vasileios K

Sep 10, 2017

Great Course!

By Filippo M

Jan 07, 2018

Interesting Class, well taught with lot of examples in real life and useful discussions in the forum. Builds the idea of a change in business and gives new perspectives.

By Viktoria B

Nov 09, 2015

Great professor and very inspiring course. Thank you!

By Darlan A W

Jan 01, 2016

Excellent reflections of life!

By Edmilson R

Sep 10, 2015

I loved it!

By Janine T L

Aug 18, 2017

Excelent!

By Ori S

Oct 24, 2016

A great place to start a foundation of a solid new business.

By Roberto H C d C

Sep 06, 2017

Muito bom.

By nevra a

Sep 15, 2015

Great course! Everyone should take it to inspire and to create value for all. Business has to be change and we have to be leaders of it.

By Annie D

Aug 28, 2015

Great teacher, inspiring course!

By caroline c

Jan 28, 2016

Incredible course – both highly relevant and easy to digest due to the great lectures. So happy that I decided to enroll – thank you Professor Freeman!

By Opara E C