Back to New Models of Business in Society

Learner Reviews & Feedback for New Models of Business in Society by University of Virginia

In this course we will be discussing the emergence of a new story about business. This new story locates business within a societal framework. Almost every business creates or destroys value for customers, suppliers, employees, communities and society, in addition to shareholders and other financiers. A number of new models of business can be built on this idea such as corporate responsibility, philanthropy, shared value and sustainability. Profits and stakeholder value go together, and this course explains how. The final session explores the idea of how to become a stakeholder entrepreneur and create a business that makes money and makes the world a better place....

CS

Nov 13, 2015

One of the most intriguing and thought-provoking courses I have ever done. I'm really pleased of finding and doing this course. It responds to my desire of doing good to society through business.

JO

Dec 28, 2017

We had always wanted to kick start something here in Nigeria but needed a core training on what to do and how to go about it. I am excited because the course stated core practical examples .

1 - 25 of 157 Reviews for New Models of Business in Society

By Joseph O

Dec 28, 2017

By Ana M V G

Mar 25, 2019

El curso brinda un panorama general sobre las tipologías de nuevos negocios, complementado con entrevistas a los actores involucrados en esta nueva narrativa empresarial que ayudan a comprender el cambio de paradigma de la generación de valor para los acciones a la generación de valor para los stakeholders.

By Janine T L

Aug 18, 2017

Excelent!

By Ori S

Oct 24, 2016

A great place to start a foundation of a solid new business.

By Roberto H C d C

Sep 06, 2017

Muito bom.

By nevra a

Sep 15, 2015

Great course! Everyone should take it to inspire and to create value for all. Business has to be change and we have to be leaders of it.

By Matjaz D

Nov 03, 2015

Nice and refreshing. Interesting view on some of the better alternatives or good ways of running business. Definitely gave me some good ideas.

By Ranjan S C J

Oct 09, 2015

This course help us to think more positively about entities and their efforts...

By Ramya M

Sep 13, 2015

Simply brilliant course - I learnt so many beautiful concepts like Conscious Capitalism.

By Dra. L d C M H M

Nov 21, 2016

So good course, the course gives you, passion, good ideas, and new form and better ideas to be best to he world

By Mercedes A

Nov 09, 2015

I loved it!....the course was informative and really got me to think about business differently.Highly recommended.

By Paul A L

Oct 13, 2017

Great professor and truly exciting learning environment. Ed made learning this subject fun and I was fully engaged from the start.

By Anastasia

Dec 30, 2016

Stunning! I love the professor's passion. Inspiring.

By Maria V V

Sep 15, 2015

I really enjoyed this course. It was so inspirational to me.

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful material.

Best Regards,

By Ludwig M B

Aug 17, 2015

Excelente, inspirational, tks prof Freeman.

By Arturo B A

Oct 12, 2015

Love this course. This course gave me a sense of purpose for my business and a strong frame for managing wealth.

By Linda E

Aug 16, 2015

Very good course. I am enjoying it immensely.

By Alistair S

Oct 15, 2015

This business module as taught me a new form of ethics of developing client and business relationships. I thank my professor for all resources and my class mates

By Jose M M

Mar 14, 2016

Thanks to Prof. Freeman for this amazing class. I am happy to not feel myself alone in the pursuit of a better world to live in through entrepreneurship using a micro-capitalism approach. Purpose, passion, inspiration, and heart-following are the drivers in my personal application of concious capitalism, stakeholders theory and modelsfor social transformation and people empowerment.

By Kelulun B

Aug 18, 2015

A great course which can inspire you to rethink the old business model and give you a new meaning of the current business world.

By Leonardo

Oct 29, 2017

Excellent Dr. Freeman. The best business approach for the 21st century challenges.

By Rehab B

Sep 02, 2016

I enjoyed this course very much and I love the message behind it. It does influence the way I see business positively. No matter how idealistic the morality of business might seem, it is still realistic. I appreciated the philosophical approach as well. I recommend anyone who is interested in both, business and making the world a better place to take a look at it.

By Boris M C

Sep 28, 2015

It was an extremely inspiring Course, Thanks!!!!!

By Oscar J D R

Sep 19, 2015

Just two words, passion is everything!

By Angela.Cristine d O F

May 24, 2017

Excellent course! I have confirmed so many thoughts about how we can see the world... Very powerful, and consistent theme. Im glad to completed it.