Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

Nov 15, 2016

Amazing course for even beginners in the field of customer analytics. Highly recommend to do this course for enhancing the analytical skills. Examples and case studies explains the concept very well.

1351 - 1375 of 1,545 Reviews for Customer Analytics

Nov 18, 2019

easy

By Yash D

Jun 01, 2019

good

By thulasiram .

Sep 11, 2016

good

By Venkatesh C

Mar 02, 2016

good

By HymaPrashanthi

Jan 17, 2018

g

By Govind R A

Aug 01, 2017

F

By Christine A

Nov 10, 2018

The information was useful - some material was review and some was new to me. I found that several of the quiz questions were not answerable based on the content presented in the lectures, PPT slides and additional reading material. This was very frustrating. I listed to the lectures and took copious notes. I reviewed the PPT slides and transcripts of the lectures. I read the additional material and took notes on it. But I had to take the quizzes multiple times in order to pass because some of the questions were not directly or indirectly related to the material.

By Andreas D

Nov 20, 2018

The general overview was good and a refresher what I was taught in uni 15 years ago. The material looks a bit old-fashioned and some slides look like the content was 'thrown together'.

I am missing going into details, particularly in calculating optimum price. The use of Excel Solver was not even mentioned to calculate the exact price, rather than determining it through a graph which is there or there about.

Also was missing kind of how to actually calculate CLV with Excel (I have seen a formula in the slides once, but that doesn't tell me much).

By Guilherme S

Oct 07, 2015

You can see that the teachers now what they are talking about... but this seems to be a stripped and then again stripped version of a real class. Some courses at coursera are the entire university classes and you learn a lot from them. In those 5 weeks of this course there is not that much content, so you end up thinking... where can i get more information about each single topic mentioned. References to external resources are pretty weak so far. I've loved the classes, but it each "week" could be a course on its own, with much more content.

By Dejan H

Mar 25, 2018

Unfortunately I did not feel that this course entirely delivered on its objective. At moments I felt that the number of topics being covered was too large and the scope too broad. Probably the best lecture was week 3, followed by week 2 and week 5. Topics covered should build on each-other in a more natural progression and some introduction of practical examples and actual modeling exercises would allow the learners to try to apply some of the concepts being covered. More examples and tie-ins to real-world usage are a must.

By Toby P

Oct 19, 2015

Pros: Concentrated material covered clearly and efficiently. For the limited number of video material (~1/week), there is a lot of basic concepts explained well.

Cons: Few specific examples, which I think reinforce the abstract material presented. I think going though some numbers really drives a point home, and not having examples left me feeling a bit adrift.

Overall: Good information and food for though, but not a lot of actual analytics. Take if you don't have but want experience in this area.

By Eugene W

Jun 26, 2017

1) Lack of hands on practice with the Buy Til You Die model.

2) The concepts in Weeks 2 to 5 are already well covered in technology blogs and news sites - I'd have liked to see more current material such as 'Overview of Different Types of Marketing Attribution (Heuristic, Algorithmic..), 'Cohort Analyses', 'How Digital Advertising / Programmatic Media works', 'Web Analytics' etc.

3) Hands-on exercises with R or Excel would be ideal.

By Merryl H V

Apr 18, 2017

I found this course interesting. I have just completed my MBA and I found that the course covered quites few topics of what I had learned. It also helped link them better. The examples quoted from companies that are implementing analytics was helpful in understanding how it could be implemented effectively.

One of the suggestions I would have is to include hands on implementation of some of the analytics tools that could be used.

By ABHINIT P

Apr 19, 2018

I really enjoyed lectures by Prof. Iyengar and prof Bradlow. They were very helpful in understanding the basics and the applications. I also like Dr. Peter Fader's approach of teaching a concept though a story. I hope Dr. Berman can innovate and come up with more interesting ways to hold the audience and teach the concepts as currently sitting through his lectures is quite a task.

By Bruno G

Nov 20, 2015

Classes were interesting, although a bit light. I would also have liked to have more explanations on the quizzes to make sure the material was fully understood. And reading references would have added to the experience. It felt a bit like the class was kept basic in order to make the corresponding "specialization" package more attractive. Slightly disappointing.

By Digant R K

Mar 22, 2016

Predictive Analysis (week 2) and Application / Case Studies (week 4), were the best part of the course, and I genuinely learned things that I will try to implement in my small family business. However, Weeks 1 and 3 were highly disappointing (to put it mildly). Maybe I was expecting something more concrete or advanced, but the material provided was too basic.

By Roberto C

Apr 01, 2016

The part on predictive analytics and the case studies are actually very good. The other two ... not so (and I stop here). Overall the course is too easy, unnecessarily spread over 5 weeks: e.g. week one and two are material for 2 days. Whilst successfully demonstrating the benefit of CA, the course never enters the nitty gritty of how to.

By Emem M

Jan 03, 2019

They didn't teach badly per se, but much of the information was WAY too basic compared to what I hoped to learn. The Marketing Analytics course from University of Virginia teaches a set of skills to use for marketing/customer analytics, whereas this course only briefly describes what could be done in marketing/customer analytics.

By Prashanth R

Aug 30, 2016

Great qualitative overview but thats where the good parts end. I wish they actually teach you how to do the math part. It would be a perfect course if we can work on case studies and calculate customer life time value and RFM. This is definitely great course if you have no idea of customer analytics or you are in executive level.

By Sofya S

Jan 16, 2020

First 2,5 weeks are incredibly boring and really hard to listen to. I almost dropped out because I hated the thought that I needed to listen to these lectures. Thankfully starting week 3,5 the situation improved significantly and the contents became relevant. Really liked the last week lectures and the way the quiz was designed.