Back to Customer Analytics

Customer Analytics, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

By ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

By AA

Apr 06, 2017

Perfect Course for those who want to inquire insight and knowledge of how tons of data that we generate in our day to day life is being utilized by big organizations in optimizing their productivity.

1,190 Reviews

By Akanksha M

Mar 22, 2019

Very practical and good way of teaching terms and analytical references. I was intrigued right from the starting.

By Pankaj Rajpal

Mar 21, 2019

How to create valuable data, ranking of the customers according to there presence, marketing techniques, customer data collection applications and many more. thank you somuch

By John Hanzhang Ye

Mar 19, 2019

the last course is especially useful and informative. Open my eyes to lots of actual practices of leading firms

By Pranav Alwani

Mar 19, 2019

Fantastic course! Amazing Professors!!

By Ekaterina Tyshchenko

Mar 18, 2019

I did not find the structure of the course useful. Also even though there were a lot of examples (some of which were quite lengthy) I wish they went a bit deeper into the math behind the models.

Quizzes seemed to test your memory more than understanding of the material.

By Зотов Вячеслав Анатольевич

Mar 18, 2019

Too basic. Rather an overview, than an actual course

By Rangga Irawan Prasetyo

Mar 17, 2019

I do love this course, it gives me a broader knowledge about marketing especially in the field of Customer analytics. Knowing the right customer, how to manage them, etc are the biggest challenge for all company in the world. In this course you will learn a lot.

By Himanshu Singh

Mar 17, 2019

This course have changed my thought process towards the customer and there analysis

By Giancarlo Piva

Mar 16, 2019

Basic course on how to get a basic knowledge and literacy on the subject. I would have liked more real-life oriented questions - the chapter about customer centricity (Fader) is more about theoretical accomplishments and publications by the course professors, with lots of theory in it more than "how do I get to solve important corporate day to day business problems with this kind of knowledge"?. But it's every university-level course flaw, I guess.

Letting this alone, great course.

By Siti Anindita Farhani

Mar 15, 2019

I enjoyed the course especially because of the real corporations's problems. Thank you professors.