Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

MA

Aug 05, 2020

This course includes a comprehensive overview of the all the basic models that are used to analyze data concerning customer behavior. The real-life examples made it easier to relate to those theories.

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

176 - 200 of 2,060 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Deenathayalan

Jan 19, 2019

This course is very much useful to know about how modern industry deals with datas. The professors who are taught the courses are really awesome.. I am very satisfied to choose the course on customer analytics in Coursera..

By Djordje O

Jun 29, 2017

Course offers interesting insight in the modern marketing and retailing techniques, which will be very useful for me in the future. I would recommend this course to anybody working in the field of marketing or data science.

By Roxanne H

Jul 09, 2017

I have had so much fun exploring the customer analytical side of the purchasing process and it has given me some great insight in how to objectively view store designs, to better obtain whom their largest target market is.

By Anisa A F

May 22, 2020

very interesting input and insights about how firms make products in line with the customers behaviour! it opens my eyes about data, and wants me to take further into how to analyse the data and how we interpret the data!

By Mohit C

Apr 25, 2020

it was the excellent experience to learn customer analytics and application in real world. I got so much insight about customer analytics. Excellent course content and well experience lecturer deliver real time examples.

By Patrick O

Nov 02, 2018

A very interesting and informative overview of what seems to be becoming a very important topic. The material was well organised, well presented, and useful in my workplace. Thanks Penn and Wharton - nice job all of you!

By Rebecca T

Jul 17, 2017

Excellent course with a great coverage of topics and interestingly explained by some great professors from Wharton Business School. Be sure to take notes while watching the video so that you can perform well on the quiz.

By Murali K K

Jan 29, 2016

It is great for starters. Gives good insights and takes through into the subject, but it only shows how analytics is in the world today, I was expecting a little more detail. And the assignments are not of good standard.

By Hafiz M E

Jun 15, 2020

Such A fantastic way of learning I can easily get what I want it increased my thinking power and analysis techniques I really appreciate Coursera and Wharton institutes which empower me and enhance my skills. thank you!

By Gopikrishna

Mar 24, 2019

Fantastic and Great Course for anyone who is interested to Learn Marketing Analytics and to understand Consumer Behaviour!!!

Great Sessions from Expert Group. Thoroughly Enjoyed Learning this Course!!!!

Thanks to All!!!!!

By Alexandra T

Dec 27, 2016

Interesting material taught by a seasoned faculty. Tests may have emphasized rote learning more than comprehension, however format of the course compensated by being designed for material absorption and further reading.

By Praveen P V R

Nov 14, 2016

A really good course. With an interest in Analytics, this course taught me about the countless opportunities available, and forced me to think in a broader perspective of using data to influence decisions in my company.

By Abhishek J

Oct 06, 2016

This course is really helpful for the one who wants to have the basic insight into Data Analytics. This course works as a stepping stone into Data Analytics and generates enough curiosity to pursue in this field further

By Ha V N

Apr 21, 2020

Highly recommend this course for those who wanna develop career in Marketing/Business Analytics

Especially week5 module is a very informative module with real life examples . Thank you to all lecturers and Coursera team

By Devansh M

Jul 23, 2017

Loved Eric Bradlow and his chapter in the course. Great delivery of content and some of the most interesting concepts were laid out which tied the whole course together. Great introduction course to customer analytics.

By Shivam K

Nov 19, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Though the course won't provide much of a mathematical side to analytics but holds strong grounds in decision making and ways a person should think before landing upon the final decision.

By Candy N

Oct 04, 2020

The course is very well structured. It does give me a lot of insights. Expecially the last module on the application and case studies, that really help me to understand how to put the theories into practical actions.

By Marilyn N P

Aug 03, 2020

Muy buen curso, se comparten muchos conocimientos teóricos que se acompañan siempre de ejemplos y casos de la vida real. También se ven tendencias actuales y lo que se espera en el futuro. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.

By Md N A A

Jul 28, 2017

The idea and content of this course is excellent. The latest need of industry is considered in this course. I learnt many new things which was not known to me before doing this course. I want to thank coursera team.

By ifeoma n

Jun 06, 2020

I gained alot from this course and the tutors where amazing. Using real life situations to explain what would have seemed complex.

Thank you Coursera for the 7 days free trial that enabled me to learn this course.

By Nicolás G B

Apr 15, 2020

I'd die for an actual full course on data mining and market and consumer research. Very theorical, though I'm glad I now have a more wider concept on said subjects and can autonomously look to go deeper into them!

By Sidharth R

Aug 19, 2019

Great lectures and content that was explained very well for beginners to Business Analytics. I especially enjoyed the interesting topics discussed by Eric Bradlow about the applications and case studies in week 5.

By Lucas F d O S

Jan 17, 2019

One of the best introductory-level courses I've ever seen online: there is a fine balance between using entry-level language and concepts and, at the same time, providing high-level relevant information. Awesome!

By Abhijit B

Sep 07, 2020

Loved it! While I knew a lot of that considering I have been working for more than a decade and a half, but some parts were refreshers for me and I loved revisiting those grey cells.

Prof. Iyenger was very nice!

By Arnab C

As an engineer, stepping into the business world, it was quite a lot to grasp at the beginning. The tests also seemed a little harder than I expected, but the expert narration and course material got me through.