Capabilities-focused Curriculum Design
Read more about the Global MBA's future-focused curriculum and why “soft skills” are in demand for senior roles in management, business, or sales development.
It’s not just what you learn that makes the Global MBA so innovative – it’s how you learn, with a “stackable” format that offers unprecedented flexibility and affordability for a graduate degree, online or otherwise.
Global MBA Curriculum
The Global MBA is made up of six capabilities - Strategising, Leading, Analysing, Influencing, Adapting, and Problem Solving. There are four units of study under each capability. Students admitted to the degree need to successfully complete all 24 units (i.e. achieve 120 credit points) in order to graduate. Each unit is worth 5 credit points.
Great CEOs know how to leverage talent as well as technology to transform the way business gets done.
- GMBA8001 Know your people
- GMBA8002 Know your organisation
- GMBA8003 Adapt your leadership style
- GMBA8004 Become a meaning maker
In the midst of today’s fast-changing challenges and opportunities, leaders need to adapt and respond quickly.
- GMBA8011 Be competitive
- GMBA8012 Be global
- GMBA8013 Be disruptive
- GMBA8014 Be sustainable
Data, and the skills needed to analyse information and generate insights, are more central than ever to business success.
- GMBA8021 Know your numbers 1
- GMBA8022 Know your numbers 2
- GMBA8023 Generate insights
- GMBA8024 Know your customers
Leaders need to be adept at using power and politics to shape the decision-making process and bring about change.
- GMBA8031 Communicate with impact
- GMBA8032 Manage change
- GMBA8033 Negotiate and resolve conflict
- GMBA8034 Engage the board
Changes to technology and culture are transforming the meaning of work. Courses in “Adapting” will help students navigate this landscape with confidence and purpose.
- GMBA8101 Your career, your life
- GMBA8102 Build personal resilience
- GMBA8103 Improve yourself, always
- GMBA8104 Become a global citizen
In this capstone Specialisation, Global MBA students apply their problem-solving skills to real-world projects with guidance from Macquarie’s faculty and industry leaders.
- GMBA8121 Advise
- GMBA8122 Be curious
- GMBA8123 Applied immersion 1
- GMBA8124 Applied immersion 2
Try an open course today
Leading: Human Resource Management and Leadership
Strategising: Management for Global Competitive Advantage
- Global sustainability and corporate social responsibility: Be sustainable - taught by Debbie Haski-Leventhall
Influencing: Storytelling, Change Management and Governance
Analysing: Numeric and Digital Literacies
Adapting: Career Development
- Career planning: Your career, your life - taught by Alena Soboleva
- Build personal resilience - taught by Alena Soboleva
The ability to solve work-related challenges is crucial to adapting and growing in a changing market. This capstone will develop your lateral thinking, and prepare you to address workplace problems in a creative and effective way. Please note that these units are only available once you complete the previous 20 units in program. Learn more about the problem solving capstone units.
- Be Curious - taught by Catherine Rickwood
- Advise - taught by Craig Fleisher
- Applied Immersion 1 & Applied Immersion 2 taught by Lan Snell
The Global MBA degree may be completed in as little as 14 months (4 units per term) or may be completed at a moderate pace within 32 months (1-2 units per term). Use the following as a guide to calculate the time to complete the Global MBA degree. You may choose to increase or decrease your study load in any term. There are six terms (study periods) per calendar year.
|Pace||Terms||Months||Avg. units / term|
Coursera partners with leading Universities to deliver the world’s best online degree programs.
The Global MBA program is fully developed and taught by Macquarie Business School. Macquarie leverages Coursera’s online education platform to deliver the program curriculum, allowing GMBA students to benefit from Coursera features such as interactive video transcription, in-course note taking, and seamless learning across multiple devices.
Coursera on Mobile
Students can access all of their course materials wherever they are with the mobile app. The app is used by over 80% of online degree students on Coursera and is available on iOS and Android.
The mobile app allows students to:
- Save a week’s worth of content for offline access with one click
- Save and submit quizzes offline
- View text transcripts of lecture videos
- Take notes directly in the app
- Set reminder alerts to help manage progress
Download Coursera's mobile app
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.