Back to Adjectives and Adjective Clauses

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Adjectives and Adjective Clauses by University of California, Irvine

Being able to adeptly use adjective clauses in speaking and writing is useful for upper level English learners. Adjectives and adjective clauses are very common in English, so students need to be able to understand them when they see them or hear them. Students often struggle to bring complexity to their speaking and writing and adjective clauses can be a great way to do this. Please note that all of the lectures and practice activities are available for free, but taking the quizzes and getting feedback on assignments are only available in the paid version...

BD

Jan 06, 2019

Excellent course for what I needed! I have a deeper understanding of adjectives clauses and will be revisiting it from time to time to refresh my memory.

AG

May 01, 2017

Very interesting course because I learnt several specific pieces of knowledge about adjectives that I didn't know. Besides, I discovered appositives

1 - 25 of 126 Reviews for Adjectives and Adjective Clauses

By Mohammad A r

Aug 03, 2018

I really appreciate all of those who are trying their best in order to develop the whole world creations in educational fields.

By ANIL P K

Sep 22, 2016

I enjoyed this course well as the usage of adjectives is very confusing for me. Its worth learning. Thanks for teachers they made things easy.

By Thomas Z

Jan 10, 2018

There were many things that could be done in a much better way:

- The quizzes contain way too less questions. There should be at least 15 to 20 of them to be done in the respect of proving someone's capabilities. These should be drawn by chance out of a much bigger pool - at least three times more than displayed in one quiz. After each trial should be a break of at least one hour to force the student to read and learn about the subject. Now it's enough to memorize the wrong answers and don't mark them again when doing the next trial one minute later. Its way too easy to get a good percentage even if you know pretty nothing.

- There are two or sometimes three modules in one week. This is too much. One module - one week. I think the courses should last at least six ( better 8) weeks to assure the topics covered were well understood.

- The videos are made in a bad quality - sometimes it sounds as they were recorded by an Edison's phonograph.

- The peer-to-peer assignments should need at least 5 reviews to get an average which is not influenced by a student who has no idea about the topics and is marking correct sentences as wrong ones.

- The 'pointage' in the reviews done by peers should offer a wider possibility of differenciation in rating.

- The performance of the orthography should be rated in every review. Nearly a third of the submissions I read were done in a grousy manner.

- The courses 2 and 3 shouldn't run the same course-weeks at the same time. Some students try to save some money and rush through both courses at the same time to get the certificate in less than four weeks. Doing this way, the efficiency decrases. As I already mentioned before, the amount is too much in one week in one course. Redoubling the workload will exacerbate the situation.

- The certificates should show the percentage the student earned. It is not very difficult to get a certificate in any of your courses no matter which subject and student's rare knowledge. I earned 100% and get the same certificate as another one who hardly passed. Even there is no credit related to any academical carreer, I'd prefer to impress somebody with a result of A++ written on the certificate.

Sincerely, Thomas Zimmermann

By Agustin S

Feb 07, 2019

No one with English experience is looking at your assignments. Videos explaining are good but ou never know if the assignments are correct. Only other students look at your assignments. Not good.

By Rasha A

Dec 10, 2018

Its good and easy to learn

By Htet N A

Dec 17, 2018

This course help me improve my skill.

By Ahsan R

Nov 30, 2018

I learned valuable things in the course. The videos were short but engaging. Trainers were excellent.

By Saljooq H

Dec 04, 2018

It was great course. I learned many important things in this course.

By Enayat A

Dec 21, 2018

thank you for such as great wor.

By Гарамжав

Jan 17, 2019

This course was so helpful to reorganize my grammar skills efficiently.

By Khuu N M

Mar 02, 2019

By Octavio P

Jan 30, 2019

Nice course

By Cícero

Feb 12, 2019

I had a great time. Thanks

By Latha S

Apr 03, 2019

It was a good course where the instructors used simple language to make us understand the concepts. Keep up the good work.

By Nguyen D H

Apr 04, 2019

Good

By Pedro F R A

Apr 13, 2019

very good.

By Jhonnar A R C

Mar 12, 2019

This is a great course. You learn a lot!!

By Biggaletta D

Jan 06, 2019

By Rama h A

Mar 11, 2019

it is very simple and useful course

By Asmaa M S

Sep 08, 2018

Very useful course

By Arif A

Sep 10, 2018

Good programs

By Abdul H N

Sep 15, 2018

This course was very interesting for me. I have really interested.

Thanks so much from all of my teachers.

By Alee

Sep 01, 2018

The explaintion is great I love it.

By Anastasia S

Nov 22, 2018

I love the whole specialisation! It embraces all necessary gramma by short yet informative videos. It helped me significantly improve my English level, so I even got a new job (no jokes) which required speaking to clients in English.

By CESAR O D

May 17, 2018

Excellent! This course was a great tool to improve my English.