Back to Advanced Portfolio Construction and Analysis with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Portfolio Construction and Analysis with Python by EDHEC Business School

The practice of investment management has been transformed in recent years by computational methods. Instead of merely explaining the science, we help you build on that foundation in a practical manner, with an emphasis on the hands-on implementation of those ideas in the Python programming language. In this course, we cover the estimation, of risk and return parameters for meaningful portfolio decisions, and also introduce a variety of state-of-the-art portfolio construction techniques that have proven popular in investment management and portfolio construction due to their enhanced robustness. As we cover the theory and math in lecture videos, we'll also implement the concepts in Python, and you'll be able to code along with us so that you have a deep and practical understanding of how those methods work. By the time you are done, not only will you have a foundational understanding of modern computational methods in investment management, you'll have practical mastery in the implementation of those methods. If you follow along and implement all the lab exercises, you will complete the course with a powerful toolkit that you will be able to use to perform your own analysis and build your own implementations and perhaps even use your newly acquired knowledge to improve on current methods....

MM

Apr 14, 2020

Loved how this course was presented. It built well off of the first course and provided labs that let me explore the content. I really enjoyed how Lionel and Vijay presented the material.

KA

Jan 05, 2020

I like the way instructors explained difficult topic and digest it to simple way. The coding side was also impressive. WIth novice background in Python, I would able to understand.

26 - 50 of 51 Reviews for Advanced Portfolio Construction and Analysis with Python

By Samantha T

May 04, 2020

Best course ever! A good preparation for the industry. The codes are easy to understand.

By Jacob W

Great way to learn about more sophisticated allocation methods in Portfolio Management.

By Konstantinos R

Nov 06, 2019

Very demanding, especially the tests. Extremely interesting lectures and to the point.

By Christopher G

Apr 30, 2020

Very good course. Simple to follow and the right level of detail for practitioners

By Jochen G

May 14, 2020

Fantastic course, many thanks to the team! It was fun and challenging!

By Abusufyan I M

May 01, 2020

Super Awesome!!!!!!! Thanks EDHEC and Coursera.

By Marco K

Jun 06, 2020

A good combination of theory and practice

By Edward S

Jun 05, 2020

Enjoyed the course and learned a lot

By Francisco C

May 16, 2020

Amazing!

By Fabien N

Jan 27, 2020

I really enjoy this course. I found it a little less exciting that the previous one, but still the course does a very great job at explaining advanced notions is a simple and structured way. I've got a bit of problems with the simulations of Week 3, but otherwise it was very clear and a great pleasure to go deeper into these notions, as the course helps us to do with nice references.

By Dirk W

Feb 05, 2020

Well-constructed course, right balance between theory and lab sessions. Lab sessions largely detailed, which is really a forte. The 5th star is missing because of a few frustrating problems with the automated interpretation of answers in quizzes and because of the lack of (quick/relevant) responses or answers of the moderators in the forum.

By Edwin D R D

Jun 01, 2020

Very good course like the first one, but It has some problems in the week 3 and the student questions have not been answered yet, even so it is a great course, it will help all investment proffessionals. Additionally, I think the method used in the labs in the first MOOC was better, I prefer write the code while the proffessor explains it.

By Xi C

Apr 16, 2020

The lecture content of this course is great, which covers lots of intuitions. However, the quiz is a little disappointing. Some of the answers are wrong. In order to pass the quiz, people need to search in the forum and find ways to calculate "the numbers" (that are essentially wrong, but produce expected "answers").

By Aditya G

This course was useful in understanding the details of constructing portfolios in terms of covariance and expected returns estimates. I think this course compared to the first part of the specialization is more relevant to institutional investors rather than individuals

By Drew I

Apr 17, 2020

I liked that the quizzes required a greater understanding of Python, however I wish the instructor moved slower through the labs; I also would have appreciated more labs to hammer home an understanding of more of the taught concepts. Overall good course!

By Tim

Jan 26, 2020

The course is great, the professor will walk you through different asset allocation models and provide the python code of the model. The code part is quite useful, but when it comes to quizzes, the instruction is not that clear and sometimes wrong.

By Alfredo H

Apr 26, 2020

Very good in depth course extension from the first, however, would appreciate more applications and deeper applications of introduced investing ideas

By Francisco V A

Jun 29, 2020

I loved the first module of this specialization. I think it does a great job setting up the foundations for portfolio analysis and I gave it 5 stars. I actually decided to complete the certification after the first module.

I still intend to complete the specialization, but I didn't like this module as much. I think the lab sessions are too shallow. "Play around" doesn't really cut it as instruction. There's a big gap between the lab sessions and the exams that are actually quite large for non-programmers. I would really like Vijay to spend more time playing around with the data rather than letting us figure stuff out on our own.

Overall my feedback is that this is a good course for programmers trying to become financial analysts but not so much for financial analysts trying to hone their technical skills.

I would have given 4 stars had it not been for the quiz of Week 3. Students will see the forum, because it's just impossible to pass. I strongly recommend EDHEC to revamp the entire Week 3 training.