Back to Graph Search, Shortest Paths, and Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graph Search, Shortest Paths, and Data Structures by Stanford University

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: data structures (heaps, balanced search trees, hash tables, bloom filters), graph primitives (applications of breadth-first and depth-first search, connectivity, shortest paths), and their applications (ranging from deduplication to social network analysis)....

JA

Oct 16, 2018

Interesting problems and explanations. But mathematical analysis is going off of my mind. It has very good explanation. Not sure, whether I can carry forward that knowledge or not.

HC

Nov 12, 2017

Focused on principles and motivations behind algorithms. You might forget an algorithm you learned, but you will definitely be able to come up with one quickly after this course.

76 - 100 of 131 Reviews for Graph Search, Shortest Paths, and Data Structures

By Benoit P

Dec 29, 2016

This is a great course. The teacher is very clear, and the material is very interesting. The programming assignments are interesting: the problems asked are very simple, but the input is generally too large to use brute force: you really have to implement the algorithms presented in the videos. This makes you realize how much smart algorithms can make a difference.

The level of the class is relatively high, compared to other Coursera courses I've taken. If you want some serious training on algorithms, look no further.

By Misrab F

Jun 24, 2018

great fun!

By Dilyan M

Dec 17, 2017

Very helpful and intuitive. Made me a better programmer overall. I highly recommend it, even if you're not that interested in algorithms.

By dynasty919

Feb 20, 2018

nice!

By John W

Aug 13, 2017

I am still really enjoying the course. The programming assignment for week four didn't require a hash table to implement, so didn't seem entirely relevant to the week's material (instead I used sets). At any rate, would wholeheartedly recommend the course.

By Manol D

Feb 20, 2017

Useful refresher!

By luketerry

Jul 13, 2017

It's so helpful!

By liping l

May 29, 2017

great course which provided me with a strong foundation in data structure and algorithm.

By Karim E

Jan 11, 2018

just awesome!

By Johnathan F

Jan 14, 2018

I love Tim's excitement for algorithms. He really stands out as a quality teacher in his selection of content, explanations and enthusiasm.

By Fernando L C

Apr 16, 2018

Amazing course! Tim Roughgarden is an exceptional teacher! I'm really enjoying reviewing this algorithms and data structures topics

By Gaurav P

Jun 08, 2017

Nice explanation and quality exercises!!

By Konstantinos F

Apr 30, 2017

The professor is amazing. He has the ability to present the material very clearly, concise, and with a good dose of humour! I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in algorithms and data structures as an undergraduate or a professional.

By YEH T P

Feb 26, 2018

Data Structures helps me resolve problem quickly, and force me to think the problems in a more solid way. I will try to figure out what kind of operations I need when solve a specific problem and which data structure is suitable in that situation.

By Brian C

Mar 26, 2017

This was another good one, providing a slightly deeper dive than I had seen in other courses. The big revelation here, for me, was the addition of Bellman-Ford algorithm for evaluating shortest path in networks (graphs) that have some negative distance values between nodes.

I also like the approach to data structures (high-level, then drilling down into increasing detail for level of interest) I find it hard to say I understand a data structure based on "Interface and Theory" and I would have felt the certification meant more with at least a rudimentary implementation. I guess that makes me a coder at at heart.

I am about to jump into the next course of the specialization: Greedy Algorithms, Minimum Spanning Trees, and Dynamic Programming As with the two courses before, I am expecting new revelations about the kind of programming issues I've been solving for more than fifteen years.

By NoneLand

Apr 18, 2018

This course is very good! The professor explain the algorithms in detail , and the programming assignment is challenging!Highly recommend!

By Damian C

Feb 17, 2018

I found this second part of the Algorithms stream fascinating. Getting into the details of Algorithms I only knew by name before was an extremely rewarding experience. Lots of fun and very enjoyable. Thanks Coursera for making the available, keep the good work!

By Julius S

Jun 06, 2017

Good introductory coverage and challenging assignments.

By Alvaro J P F

Jan 23, 2017

Great course, at least for people like me who lack of computer science background.

By Nguyen T

Jul 28, 2017

Lots of basic data structures covered. Very good introduction!

By Neeladree C

Jun 30, 2017

A brilliant. The first assignment was particularly challenging, and really really interesting. The rest of the course was pretty good too.

By Hoang N

Jul 30, 2017

One of the greatest courses on this website. However, I believe this course will be more approachable if it contains more practical guide such as sample solution for algorithms.

By Neo