Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA

Sep 17, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AD

Jul 26, 2019

This is an excellent class, presentations and content from expert professors are well done, I highly recommend this class whether you're studying law or any other discipline this class is essential.

1 - 25 of 456 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Trevor W

Jan 04, 2018

I'm starting law school soon but don't have a pre-law background. This course has been very helpful in getting me acquainted with some of the general areas of law to which I'll be exposed in school. Being taught by law professors helped me to get a basic understanding of many of the principles of the law as well as many of the terms that I will need to be familiar with once I'm thrown in the deep end.

I'd recommend this course to anyone either thinking about going into the study of law or actually getting ready to enter law school.

By Farzad A

Oct 05, 2019

I have no background in law whatsoever and this course was a very brief and to the point introduction to the US law. I really liked the partitioning of the course. Each week goes after a specific aspect and gives a great overview.

By Rodrigo P R V

Aug 11, 2019

Como persona que ejerce el derecho en un pais extranjero (Chile) el curso ha sido una fantastica comparativa, que permite ver las diferencias y similitudes entre ambos sistemas. Muy recomendado.

As a person who works as attorney at a diferent country (Chile) this course has been a fantastic oportunity to compair both legal systems, and their diferences and similarities. Very recomended.

By Sharvari S

Nov 03, 2018

A well designed course to provide an overview into the American Law and legal system. I would recommend this to all those who want to understand the American Law especially to legal professionals from other countries who want to seek a deeper understanding into the subject. The professors do a great job of explaining major subjects of the American Law in a precise and uncomplicated manner. The reviews and tests are thought provoking and require some serious prior study and understanding. I have learnt a great deal from this course.

By Akala

Sep 17, 2018

By Nuno d P

May 08, 2019

Too much theoretical;

The teachers talk way too much about principles, general ideas and special cases;

It should be more practical if necessary with more videos, so that after the course students would be able to have a better knowledge of the American Law.

By Alicia C

Jan 16, 2019

Very good and interesting

By HEF

Jan 30, 2019

A really valuable course, through which I discovered the charisma of law. Don't worry if you find some jargon, because there are always interesting examples followed to help you understand the concept.

By Maria P

Jan 21, 2019

A must for all who have to establish contractual or commercial relations in the US.

By Martín F F

Jan 23, 2019

Muy completo y dinámico para alguien que quiere aprender las bases de este Derecho

By Amisha S

Dec 16, 2018

Thank you for making this course available online. The fact that I am learning from such a prestigious college and amazing teachers makes me feel really happy. That you for coming online and making hundreds educated. It's my dream to study in America and study American Law. This is the first step to my dream ladder. So, thank you so much. You are making someone's dream come true.

By Vivian O

Dec 19, 2018

With no knowledge in law, this course has provided me with an excellent foundation I needed to understand American law and to pursue a legal career path in the future. The course layout/delivery, testing system, adept professors and mentor all gave me a profound and an insightful online learning experience. Looking forward to more amazing learning experience with UPenn.

By Fernando M M

Jan 07, 2019

Very happy and thankfull to learn a little bit more about American Law. It seems like a little bit, but in fact is a great and of best quality course for sure!

By Julie D

Jan 08, 2019

Thought provoking material geared towards understanding on a basic level.

By CARLA M D

Feb 25, 2019

Very good professors, extremely dictatic and easy to learn!

By Caleb C

Feb 10, 2019

Amazing teaching strategies!

By Daniel M

Mar 12, 2019

An excellent introductory course to American Law and how it differs from other legal systems around the world, particularly Civil Law systems.

By PAULO H A B

Mar 11, 2019

I found the course wonderful! I learned a lot about American law. The teachers are fantastic. The content available in the student area is very complete, and video lessons are great for fixing content. I loved it! The team at the University of Pennsylvania is to be congratulated.

By YUNTIAN S

Mar 17, 2019

Fundamental, inspiring, and intriguing courses equipped with experienced professors.

By MURTAZA M

Mar 15, 2019

Very good. Thanks

By Renan d J F

Mar 24, 2019

Very complete and useful on the general workings of American Law

By Junyan W

Mar 28, 2019

First time to use Coursera, but find it very informative and uesful.

Do learn a lot about American law in general and like the course design very much.

Definitely willing to learn more courses continuously.

By Beverle L

Dec 19, 2018

A great start to understanding American Law.

By Sophie M

Mar 30, 2019

An Introduction to American Law was a very thorough course! I enjoyed learning about the many different fields of law in America and how they apply to the present. Thanks for the great course!

By cesar o M