Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

151 - 175 of 788 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Joy A

Nov 11, 2020

It requires self-study, patience, and determination to finish the course. It gives you a brief background about American law and the system. Overall, the course is educational and convenient.

By Analia G N

Is a great course for someone who understand law and want to know the general differences between the latin American system and North American system. I enjoyed a lot. Was a great experience.

By Ana V B R

Sep 1, 2020

I loved this entire course! It was very interesting and hooked my brain to want to keep learning. I just wish it were more dynamic and not having it be just a Professor speaking to a camera.

By SY

Jul 4, 2020

A quite useful and interesting course. It enabled me to quickly understand the fundamental of American law and gain more confidence in further exploring othere courses about laws in the US.

By Stephanie H

Aug 7, 2017

Really enjoyed this course as a person who had little to no knowledge of American law. Key terms were useful to read before listening and as general references. Big thanks to the professors.

By Lance Z

May 3, 2017

The course is well organized, and the professors are very knowledgeable. I once took a similar course at a prestigious US institution, but the quality of this course is significantly higher.

By donghai y

May 13, 2020

Well-informed, beautifully designed intro-level course that is full of the fundamental knowledge of US legal system. Highly recommended for anyone interested in knowing the basics of US law

By Casey B

May 5, 2019

This course was very interesting! It helped open my eyes as to what the American Law was like. It also gave me some insight before I stepped into my first Law class this weekend. Thank you.

By Inggrid S F B N

Jul 1, 2018

I loved participating and taking this course! I point out to everyone who really has an interest in delving into the subject of American law. I just want to know where I get my certificate.

By Vita U

Oct 28, 2017

very good course of law. I was very helpful to know the structure of the US legislation. another dance is that lectures are very simple to translate for those who do not live in the states.

By Russell L M

Aug 21, 2020

This course provided a well-rounded introduction to the usual first year legal subjects. I highly recommend it for those trying to decide if a legal career would be appropriate for them.

By Nahid U

Very fun and non-extensive course! It was really engaging and I would definitely recommend for anyone trying to understand the law and to see if they would like to pursue a career in it!

By Philipp M

Aug 6, 2017

Excellent introduction to American Law. If you practice in a civil law system, this course will give you a nice introduction and you will understand the very basics. I recommend it.

By Kimberly C

May 8, 2020

I love this course. It's easy to understand and it keeps you pulled in. I took so many notes and spent nights just learning about law and how it came to be. So glad I took course.

By Silvia M

Dec 13, 2019

An introduction to American Law is a very wide and complete course. I am currently studying law in Honduras, and this course gave me a broad spectrum of what American law really is.

By Alyonna M P

Jun 18, 2020

I really learned a lot, the way the professors discussed the each topic in the videos were very interesting and it didn't feel boring. I'm very excited to take another Law course!

By Alba Z

Jul 3, 2018

It really gave me a general idea of law system and the teachers are not only trying to teach you basic knowledges, but also trying to illustrate the spirit of American law system.

By Juan S J V

Oct 1, 2017

It was an awesome course with the basic things that the american law has in order to understand a little more about how the U.S law its different and even similar to my country.

By Fernando M M

Jan 7, 2019

Very happy and thankfull to learn a little bit more about American Law. It seems like a little bit, but in fact is a great and of best quality course for sure!

By Kim P

Aug 4, 2017

I took so much away from this course. I have such a great baseline to begin studying law. Really impressed with the organization of the course and how much ground it covered.

By Goh Y S

Sep 22, 2019

Really interesting introduction to American law. I like that controversial issues are brought up to provoke thinking about the pros and cons of the American legal system.

By Aura M T

Feb 17, 2018

Wonderful! Very easy to follow and comprehensible lectures. The complementary readings were very illustrative and help the viewer to better understand the video lectures.

By Crystal B

Nov 15, 2020

I really enjoyed the classes and the ability to go at my own pace as well as the format for teaching (i.e the ability to rewind the video and see the transcript as well)

By Kim A D

Nov 16, 2017

Great lessons about the different areas in U.S. law. Good starter course. I have taken a course in English Common Law with the Univ. of London in 2013 on this website.

By Stephanie M

Great introduction to the American legal system, very well taught. I appreciate that it was taught by distinguished law professors that specialize in the given system.