Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA

Sep 17, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

MH

Feb 19, 2017

I enjoyed learning about our laws and it's applications, as well as history. The course was informative and enjoyable. The presenters were knowledgeable and easy to understand. Well worth the time.

1 - 25 of 419 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By diana s

Jul 19, 2019

Es un curso bastante basico y facil de comprender.

By sweta d

Jun 28, 2019

Greta fundamental class of review and study for those interested in Law.

By Sadikshya

Jun 24, 2019

nice course

By Anthony T

Jun 22, 2019

An excellent course. The story telling approach is most suitable for a short introductory course. Concise and punchy without sacrifice of quality. I find the segment on constitutional law not only particularly interesting, but also clears up a lot of my mis-conception about the United States constitution, political system and politics. A big thank you to all 6 professors who are kind enough to have taken the time to present the lectures. An high quality educational experience, though brief, that few other law schools can match or rival.

By Qi W

Jun 19, 2019

very enlightening and informative. give a very clear introductory speech to the key American laws.

By Mohamed N

Jun 17, 2019

I got exactly what I wanted - an introduction to American law. I am a politician not a law student and this was the kind of material I was looking for. The professors are concise except, perhaps, in the property law section. Overall a great course.

By Angela M I

Jun 15, 2019

I LEARNED A LOT AND I APPRECIATE THE INSTRUCTORS

By freynaldo A

Jun 14, 2019

Great

By Clifford P K

Jun 10, 2019

Really excellent introduction to American law. There were great readings that went along with the course too. Top notch professors and videos- I learned a lot.

By Leslie V H G

Jun 07, 2019

It has all the basis you may need to start your studies in this field.

By Vaughan W

Jun 06, 2019

Great overview! Perfectly digestible content, organized well, and not dumbed-down. Since I don't have 3 years to spend going back to law school, I would love to see a full American Law curriculum and/or certificate program.

By Nelson A S S

Jun 05, 2019

Great videos and guidance and examples.

By Roeldi H

May 17, 2019

As a student of Law in a civil law system I found this course very educative. Totally worthy.

By U N D S

Thanks

By Anna P

May 17, 2019

Very informative course: whether you intend to pursue a career in the legal field or would just like a better understanding of American law.

By Siddig M

May 12, 2019

It was so interesting and informative course.

By Katherine A

May 10, 2019

A Great introductory course.

By Delia V

May 10, 2019

I love this course because it felt like if I was in class in front of the professors. They are all very knowledgeable and explained concepts in an easy way.

The material of the course is excellent. I learned a lot.

By Jeffrey D

May 09, 2019

Thank you for all of the knowledge and expertise from this course!

By Nuno d P

May 08, 2019

Too much theoretical;

The teachers talk way too much about principles, general ideas and special cases;

It should be more practical if necessary with more videos, so that after the course students would be able to have a better knowledge of the American Law.

By Casey B

May 05, 2019

This course was very interesting! It helped open my eyes as to what the American Law was like. It also gave me some insight before I stepped into my first Law class this weekend. Thank you.

By Galo V P G

May 01, 2019

Excelente curso, bastante recomendado para aprender sobre Derecho Americano.

By PP

Apr 18, 2019

Loved this class, gives an overview of the American Law and it can be very useful even in the everyday life.

By Ahmed E

Apr 14, 2019

Thank you so much for this introduction, as a student of law, interested in in the American law, I find this course enjoyable and very helpful.

By Thevenin

Apr 11, 2019

very interesting but the final tests (for each lesson and the final exam) should be reviewed, knowing that some questions are understanding ..