Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

176 - 200 of 768 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By José A Á M

Oct 15, 2020

It was a very good course, maybe I would like to learn a little bit more about contracts, civil procedure and torts, but as an introduction was very interesting!!

By Gabriella M L

Feb 5, 2020

It was my pleasure to learn about the American law.All professors are very knowledgeable and very well know they topics.I really enjoyed all .Thank you very much!

By Yulia A

Apr 12, 2020

A good introduction for very beginners, however, you get to learn more from the course if you have been previously exposed to other systems of law. Recommended.

By Snehal P

Mar 31, 2020

All the videos were of good technical quality. The length and technical quality of the videos was optimal. All the lectures were enjoyable and well presented.

By Jamile C

Sep 18, 2020

I loved the course. It is a very complete course, rich in details and teachings. I learned a lot of new things and I will definitely take it to life. Thankful.

By Maricatherine M

Jul 25, 2020

Fantastic!!! I am a Paralegal and I have a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice. This a great course and I would recommend to anyone! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Errol F D

Great introductory course to American Law. I enjoyed the course - both the content, the organization and the delivery by the various professors. Many thanks.

By Salih D

Jan 30, 2020

thank you teachers . you guide me to great space and educate me a lot subjects it will help me in my job as a security .

Im advice every one to get this course

By Clifford P K

Jun 10, 2019

Really excellent introduction to American law. There were great readings that went along with the course too. Top notch professors and videos- I learned a lot.

By Kayla C

Jan 13, 2018

This was a wonderful course to take during my 1L year in law school. It helps narrow down vocabulary words and important concepts of each doctrine. Thank you!

By Liz N

Aug 17, 2017

I am an aspiring law student and this course has given me an insightful, but simple overview of the law world. It will help me narrow my focus for law school.

By Rachel M

Aug 9, 2020

I took this course to introduce myself to American Law as a prospective law student. I was not expecting this free course to be so extensive ! Great stuff !

By Daniel M

Jul 4, 2017

A great course providing an overview of the foundational elements of the American Legal system. I would highly recommend to anyone considering law school.

By Francesco M M

Dec 11, 2016

Great course, very interesting and well made and organized. Very clear explications and classes and passionate professors. I really advice it. Thank you.

By German S T

May 1, 2016

This course is Phenomenal. It's a simple introduction to US Law that previews each subject in a clear and concise manner. I highly recommend this course.

By Amira I

Nov 1, 2019

Very engaging, challenges a broad set of skills, definitely the right place to start when learning about American Law or Law in general. 100% recommend.

By diana s

Aug 24, 2020

the class was challenging yet very interesting. the class materials were informative and

the videos where explanatory.

I highly recommend this course.

By Huzaifa B

Nov 4, 2017

Learning the American Law sitting in the comfort of my home. Being a student of International Relations its something great for expanding my knowledge.

By Lena Z

Apr 2, 2017

1. Very clear and helpful, easy to understand.

2. Have a better and further understanding of law principles.

3. Cases cited are vivid and interesting.

By Muhammad N K

This course is very informative. I have learnt so many new things about American Law. I think the syllabus of this course is appropriate and updated.

By Elena M

Jan 31, 2018

Very interesting content, and easy to follow curriculum. I love the video questions and the quizzes are easy to understand. Definitely worth 5 stars!

By Leonardo S M U

Jan 10, 2016

Ótimo curso. Além de aprender o básico sobre o Direito nos Estados Unidos, serve como uma forma de aumentar o vocabulário jurídico na língua inglesa.

By Kalinin I

May 15, 2017

It was very interesting and help me more understand American Law system. But I feel I need this course one more time for clean understanding, Thanks

By Abel Q G

Nov 8, 2015

Excellent Course. Useful for anyone who wants to learn basic principles/doctrines in the American Common Law. Good for foreign law students as well.

By Praveen H

Jun 19, 2016

Although introductory, it gives enough background into the different areas of law and the distinctiveness of unique to America. Highly recommended!