Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA

Sep 17, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT

Apr 10, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

101 - 125 of 746 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Bruna H P F

Jan 05, 2016

This course is giving me an amazing overview of American Law! The way it is being taught makes it easy to comprehend and the approach used by the teachers also helps to keep the interest. I highly recommend people to take it.

By Samanta N d S

Jul 29, 2020

Extremally helpful course. I am graduated in Law in Brazil and am about to enroll in a Paralegal Certificate Program here in the U.S. This course helped me to refresh my legal knowledge and also prepare me for my next steps.

By Вахницкая Е Д

Aug 27, 2020

В плане лексики - пройденные недели заменили, как минимум, год языковой нагрузки( не практичной и бессмысленной) в универе. всем, кто учится на правовом факультете( в частности международное право)- настоятельно рекомендую!

By Vaughan W

Jun 06, 2019

Great overview! Perfectly digestible content, organized well, and not dumbed-down. Since I don't have 3 years to spend going back to law school, I would love to see a full American Law curriculum and/or certificate program.

By Anastasia K

Apr 09, 2018

I am very satisfied of this course, the professors from Penn university are so smart and wise teachers, all the materials were clearly and logically structured and interesting as well. Thank you very much for creating this!

By Mercedes V

Oct 22, 2017

I loved the video lessons taught by professors at Penn University. In only a few minutes for each video, amazingly these teachers explained in a very understandable way each subject, and their topics were very interesting.

By GAURAV S S

Aug 22, 2017

The course was concise as well as power-packed. It covers almost every field of law on which the foundations of American law is based. I enjoyed this course and gained a lot out of it. Thank You for providing this course.

By Marziya

Jul 26, 2017

This course gave me a general understanding of American Law, the mentors are outstanding, the giving of material was easy and understanding, this course gave me a lot of interestinc cases, thank you for this opportunity!

By Jonathan C W

Jun 17, 2017

Really enjoying this class, plenty of valuable material online, videos and optional reading material. The optional reading material thoroughly goes into details about the subject, and I really enjoy this class as a whole

By Andrew B

Oct 29, 2017

A very solid foundation to US law. Well explained and communicated. This course is a useful starting point for people who need to interact with the law in their personal or professional lives but who are not lawyers.

By Brandon B

Aug 12, 2020

It was an excellent course! It was very informative and I had a great time being able to learn about American law. I would recommend this course to anyone who is considering enrolling into law school in the future.

By Vincent R A N

Being in the Military and away overseas, I was able to complete this course.

I needed a boost to my knowledge on American law and this intro class was perfect. Totally worth it and it reflects on my LinkedIn Account.

By leah s

Feb 02, 2020

great introductory course to American Law. As someone who has never studied the subject before, i found it challenging at times but at the same time if putting enough effort into studying it wasn't too overwhelming.

By Elise N

Oct 30, 2018

Having an LLM from the UK, I wanted a way to measure my understanding of American Law - I was surprised to find I knew more than I thought I did but the course was good for teaching me some things I was not sure of.

By Yuping Y

Jun 14, 2016

This course helped me learning a lot of basic concepts and theories of American law. All the teachers taught in a very clear, concise way so I could grasp the content very easily. Want to learn more about law now !

By Darian P

Jun 27, 2020

Great opportunity to learn more about American Law and even about U.S. Constitution. I highly recommend this course for all future employees in law, law enforcement, diplomatic and other government related careers.

By Delia V

May 10, 2019

I love this course because it felt like if I was in class in front of the professors. They are all very knowledgeable and explained concepts in an easy way.

The material of the course is excellent. I learned a lot.

By Rachel J A H

Apr 22, 2020

Great introduction into what seems like a tremendously strange system of law to anyone raised outside of the USA. It manages to succinctly explain many unique features that can explain many "cultural" practices.

By Benjamin W

Jun 04, 2020

I'm 13 years old and I found this course, my first completed one, both easy to understand and entertaining to learn. Requires persistence, but at the end of the day, a great simple course to get started on law.

By Sarah P

Jan 18, 2017

This is so far, an excellent overview of American Law. Easy for the lay person to understand and engaging. I enjoyed the first week covering Tort Law and look forward to exploring other aspects of American Law.

By Cora K

Aug 05, 2020

This course is VERY well put-together and informative. Some of the material failed to grasp my attention, but overall it seems like a good course to take for anyone who wants to learn more about American Law.

By Amanda R

Sep 22, 2016

This was a great introduction to American Law. The videos were great quality and the lecture questions really prepare you for the quiz. The professors were great and made the information easy to understand.

By David K

Jun 30, 2020

Very good overview of American Law. I'm not sure why but I passed all the quizzes but did the worst on the most interesting area Constitutional Law and the the best on the least interesting, Property Law.

By Álvaro A B F

Jan 04, 2018

This course is well-above what I expected. It is a very useful tool for people who, like me, work in the translation of legal text from English into other languages. There is no doubt I would recommend it.

By Aida D

Dec 06, 2015

To me this course has been amazing, and it helped me learn things I did not know before about American legal system. The lecturers and professors always had my attention and they were particularly amazing.