Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

201 - 225 of 815 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Francesco M M

Dec 11, 2016

Great course, very interesting and well made and organized. Very clear explications and classes and passionate professors. I really advice it. Thank you.

By German S T

May 1, 2016

This course is Phenomenal. It's a simple introduction to US Law that previews each subject in a clear and concise manner. I highly recommend this course.

By Amira I

Nov 1, 2019

Very engaging, challenges a broad set of skills, definitely the right place to start when learning about American Law or Law in general. 100% recommend.

By Diana S

Aug 24, 2020

the class was challenging yet very interesting. the class materials were informative and

the videos where explanatory.

I highly recommend this course.

By Huzaifa B

Nov 4, 2017

Learning the American Law sitting in the comfort of my home. Being a student of International Relations its something great for expanding my knowledge.

By Lena Z

Apr 2, 2017

1. Very clear and helpful, easy to understand.

2. Have a better and further understanding of law principles.

3. Cases cited are vivid and interesting.

By Muhammad N K

This course is very informative. I have learnt so many new things about American Law. I think the syllabus of this course is appropriate and updated.

By Elena M

Jan 31, 2018

Very interesting content, and easy to follow curriculum. I love the video questions and the quizzes are easy to understand. Definitely worth 5 stars!

By Leonardo S M U

Jan 10, 2016

Ótimo curso. Além de aprender o básico sobre o Direito nos Estados Unidos, serve como uma forma de aumentar o vocabulário jurídico na língua inglesa.

By Kalinin I

May 15, 2017

It was very interesting and help me more understand American Law system. But I feel I need this course one more time for clean understanding, Thanks

By Abel Q G

Nov 8, 2015

Excellent Course. Useful for anyone who wants to learn basic principles/doctrines in the American Common Law. Good for foreign law students as well.

By Praveen H

Jun 19, 2016

Although introductory, it gives enough background into the different areas of law and the distinctiveness of unique to America. Highly recommended!

By Quentin A

Dec 25, 2019

Extremely informative introduction into various concentrations of law. Helped me become more confident on how to think and process these lessons.

By Murtazaev S N

Mar 6, 2020

this course tought me basic knoledge about American law. I appriciated to all instructors for the reason thar they are high qualified spealists.

By Ed S

Jul 27, 2019

I really enjoyed all of this course. It was reasonably easy to follow along with the lecturers. The quizzes helped reinforce what I had learned.

By Valerie R

Aug 30, 2016

this class is very fun and informative. It is not too har nor too easy. I reccomend it to anyone who wants an introductory class in American Law

By Amelie K

Sep 17, 2020

The professors were great at explaining and very engaging, I looked forward to watching the videos and took notes from the supplemental reading

By Mattina E

Aug 6, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. The instructors were able to explain things in simple terms that were easy to understand. I appreciated that.

By Neil C

Aug 5, 2019

VERY GOOD CLEAR INTRODUCTION TO AMERICAN LAW. PROVIDES MOTIVATION TO CONTINUE TO UNDERSTAND IN DETAIL THE DIFFERENCE BRANCHES OF AMERICAN LAW.

By Ahmed E

Apr 14, 2019

Thank you so much for this introduction, as a student of law, interested in in the American law, I find this course enjoyable and very helpful.

By Andrea K

Jul 16, 2020

Absolutely loved these courses. It taught me so many new things about law and the quizes are phenomenal. I am thankful to have this knowledge.

By Daniel M

Mar 11, 2019

An excellent introductory course to American Law and how it differs from other legal systems around the world, particularly Civil Law systems.

By Tonya S W

Dec 25, 2019

December 25, 2019

I enjoyed the law course and learned a great deal of material in a short time period. Thank you Miss Tonya S Williams MSCC-T

By Laure C

Feb 1, 2016

This is a great introduction to American Law. As a foreign lawyer, I found it both entertaining and instructive. The lecturers are excellent.

By Kathryn S

Nov 16, 2015

Very well-spoken instructors. I loved that I could go as fast or slow as I wanted in this course. I would definitely recommend this course!