Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG

Mar 04, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

76 - 100 of 438 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Bhavesh G

Apr 09, 2020

I learn lot many new things during this course to complete my capstone project. I specially thanks to Instructor Alex Aklson, who taught location based API i.e. foursquare, neighborhood segmentation and clustering.

By Antonio S

Mar 30, 2020

Great course! A few suggestions to improve might be: make sure the labs.cognitiveclass notebook page work - it's had had problems for weeks; some of the exercise notebooks from the IBM authors have blatant typos.

By Amit A

Nov 18, 2019

I am glad to have taken up this course and it was very well crafted assignment that allows you to use your skills from pandas, data visualization, Foursquare API and machine learning algorithms to name a few.

By Sergei M

Jul 09, 2019

Excellent course that at the same time provides rich set of tools to get insights from raw data and also stimulate to learn a bunch of additional methods and techniques to make this capstone project perfect!

By Manik K

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent chance to push in every concept learnt so far. Best thing about the course is the chance to self identify a problem and find the solutions all by ourselves. Great Content. Thanks !

By Tsungai J M

Jan 16, 2020

Very challenging but truly rewarding. I learnt a lot through the mistakes I made throughout the project but there is a lot of support on the forum and the internet to help with any issue.

By Ted H

Jul 10, 2019

This is a great course and lots of fun. But it is a big commitment and you need to take it seriously. To get the most out of this course you will need to spend at least 30 hours doing it.

By AKPAN, G E

Feb 09, 2020

What a wonderful way to complete the '9 courses' IBM Data Science Professional Certificate training! Applied Data Science Capstone is the best way to delve into professional experience.

By Florence

May 02, 2020

It is important to improve our knowledge. Project creation is very interesting.

And being able to correct other students, allows you to see other projects and improve your knowledge.

By Houssam A

Dec 13, 2019

A real data science projet. This one took me the most time between all other courses in this formation. I is useful and make you work with real problems and searching for real data.

By Mohammad Z R

Sep 18, 2019

Well design course for the Capstone project. It's bit challenges to do complete. Finally got the knowledge to applied the data science technique to find the insight of the data.

By Filipe S M G

Sep 05, 2019

This is the most difficult and time consuming part of the specialization. However, it gives a feeling that we are working in something meaningful, in a realistic application.

By Jingxia Z

Mar 12, 2020

It is the last one of the 9 courses of IBM Data Science Certificate. It is the hardest one while it helps people check how well they have learnt for the whole certificate!

By Alaso L K

Dec 24, 2019

Very challenging and gives room for the student to apply all they've learnt wrangling, sorting and analysing Data... and using these skills to solve a real-world problem.

By 李政君(Li Z

Nov 08, 2019

Awesome course! The project is real-life and chanllenging, refereshes my understanding of several important data science concepts as well as programing skills through it.

By PRAVEEN K T

Oct 25, 2019

It's a very good course.And, i think this is good for applying your knowledge of machine learning and data visualization which you have gain during the previous courses.

By Cassandra d C

The best course I have taken so far. Report structure at the end could be better and I felt like I needed more than two weeks, but this course teaches self-sufficiency.

By Leon H

Nov 27, 2019

Excellent and challenging. Had great fun doing it. Learned a lot and the capstone project was an interesting way to cover all that was learned. Proud of my achievement.

By KIRAN V T

May 08, 2020

This is awesome course which taught me a lot regarding the datascience process and methedolog. Also this is one of the very few courses which teach the foursquares API

By Carlos A

Oct 17, 2018

I really feel that I learned a lot in this capstone although I know we have a long way to go. The course helped me keep my motivation up to keep learning Data Science

By Saeed A A Q

May 12, 2020

The best certificate for serious learners. It takes you from zero to hero. Very well structured and presented. Loved the material, the videos and the hands on Labs.

By Matthew L

Dec 16, 2019

This course was fantastic and provided invaluable hands-on experience with data science and machine learning that is immediately applicable to real world projects.

By Alfredo P

Feb 25, 2020

Some quiz answers are wrong and need correction. Overall the course is great, I would recommend improving the project instructions to be more clear and specific.

By Hoang A Q N

Dec 29, 2019

I learn new skills from this course, especially how to establish the Github profile and use it as my portfolio; and using Foursquare API to for location analysis

By Konstantina V

Nov 09, 2019

The best way to learn is to apply things into practice and spend time testing how all these techniques can help you answer the questions you are interested in.