Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

126 - 150 of 634 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Leon H

Nov 27, 2019

Excellent and challenging. Had great fun doing it. Learned a lot and the capstone project was an interesting way to cover all that was learned. Proud of my achievement.

By Reham A T

Oct 1, 2020

Great way of designing the project through which it wraps up everything I learned during the IBM Data Science Program .. Thanks for all the trainers .. Thanks Coursera

By KIRAN V T

May 8, 2020

This is awesome course which taught me a lot regarding the datascience process and methedolog. Also this is one of the very few courses which teach the foursquares API

By Wilfredo A

Oct 17, 2018

I really feel that I learned a lot in this capstone although I know we have a long way to go. The course helped me keep my motivation up to keep learning Data Science

By Saeed A A Q

May 12, 2020

The best certificate for serious learners. It takes you from zero to hero. Very well structured and presented. Loved the material, the videos and the hands on Labs.

By Matthew L

Dec 16, 2019

This course was fantastic and provided invaluable hands-on experience with data science and machine learning that is immediately applicable to real world projects.

By Alfredo P

Feb 25, 2020

Some quiz answers are wrong and need correction. Overall the course is great, I would recommend improving the project instructions to be more clear and specific.

By Hoang A Q N

Dec 29, 2019

I learn new skills from this course, especially how to establish the Github profile and use it as my portfolio; and using Foursquare API to for location analysis

By Leandro R

Aug 30, 2020

This was an exceptional course. The whole package of 9 courses provided to me many new insights into the data science. Thanks for the instructors and Coursera.

By Konstantina V

Nov 9, 2019

The best way to learn is to apply things into practice and spend time testing how all these techniques can help you answer the questions you are interested in.

By Frederick O

Jan 29, 2020

I learned a lot -- more than I was expecting. Also, the course was structured for finishing small portions of the capstone - so you are not too overwhelmed.

By Sudeepta C

Mar 25, 2020

It is a wonderful opportunity to learn and gain insights into this field. The contents are lucid and provide ample exposure to the concepts and technologies

By Karl J

Feb 25, 2020

Probably the most valuable course of the specialization, just setting you off to basically "Do a data project" in a comprehensive way from start to finish.

By Satya V P C

Aug 17, 2019

Very good that, This modules makes the preparer to learn and practically implement the concepts what is learned in the last 8 modules.

This is very helpful.

By Chayapol M

Apr 11, 2020

Thank you so much. Although this course was diffiicult for beginner. But if you keep practice and clutch. You can become the professional of data science.

By Demetrius M

Jul 29, 2019

This course is great for testing all of the knowledge acquired throughout the Program and providing a good start to a professional portfolio of projects.

By Serena R T

Feb 9, 2020

I am proud of myself to be able to complete all the courses until the last project in this course!

Lectures and lab assignment is sufficient and helpful.

By Jonathan J W

Sep 1, 2019

Good examples, very practical. Also, good capstone project, well structured with the sections very close to the real world data science analytic report.

By George S

Sep 9, 2020

This course provided a foundation to build my data science knowledge and career!

Highly recommend to anyone willing to start learning the basics of DS.

By Israel S S

Sep 25, 2019

This course was especially demanding, but demonstrating what has been learned throughout the 9 modules is an excellent way to close this certification

By Nhan T N

Apr 14, 2019

The capstone project combines a variety of skills such as web scraping, data processing, data visualization, machine learning and business analysis.

By Melissa k

Clear enough but please update the video for foursquare API since the cover page of the web has changed so it difference with the one in the video

By Rahul C

Aug 19, 2020

The Best thing about the entire course. It gives a real-world application-oriented approach for beginners, really useful in the practical world.

By Carlos N J

Feb 28, 2020

I really appreciated being able to apply my data science skills to a project of my own, in addition to learning some new things along the way!

By Lipin A

Aug 3, 2019

I had to use almost all my skills I have obtained during IBM certification course. It was extremely useful and I feel now my skills enhanced.