Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG

Mar 04, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

126 - 150 of 596 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Sudeepta C

Mar 25, 2020

It is a wonderful opportunity to learn and gain insights into this field. The contents are lucid and provide ample exposure to the concepts and technologies

By Karl J

Feb 25, 2020

Probably the most valuable course of the specialization, just setting you off to basically "Do a data project" in a comprehensive way from start to finish.

By Satya V P C

Aug 17, 2019

Very good that, This modules makes the preparer to learn and practically implement the concepts what is learned in the last 8 modules.

This is very helpful.

By Chayapol M

Apr 11, 2020

Thank you so much. Although this course was diffiicult for beginner. But if you keep practice and clutch. You can become the professional of data science.

By Demetrius M

Jul 29, 2019

This course is great for testing all of the knowledge acquired throughout the Program and providing a good start to a professional portfolio of projects.

By Serena R T

Feb 09, 2020

I am proud of myself to be able to complete all the courses until the last project in this course!

Lectures and lab assignment is sufficient and helpful.

By Jonathan J W

Sep 01, 2019

Good examples, very practical. Also, good capstone project, well structured with the sections very close to the real world data science analytic report.

By George S

Sep 09, 2020

This course provided a foundation to build my data science knowledge and career!

Highly recommend to anyone willing to start learning the basics of DS.

By Israel S S

Sep 25, 2019

This course was especially demanding, but demonstrating what has been learned throughout the 9 modules is an excellent way to close this certification

By Nhan T N

Apr 14, 2019

The capstone project combines a variety of skills such as web scraping, data processing, data visualization, machine learning and business analysis.

By Melissa k

Clear enough but please update the video for foursquare API since the cover page of the web has changed so it difference with the one in the video

By Rahul C

Aug 19, 2020

The Best thing about the entire course. It gives a real-world application-oriented approach for beginners, really useful in the practical world.

By Carlos N J

Feb 28, 2020

I really appreciated being able to apply my data science skills to a project of my own, in addition to learning some new things along the way!

By Lipin A

Aug 03, 2019

I had to use almost all my skills I have obtained during IBM certification course. It was extremely useful and I feel now my skills enhanced.

By HIDESHI Y

Jun 16, 2019

Hands on course was very effective to learn actual programming, structure of report, how to use GitHub, and overall process for data science.

By Alexey R

May 22, 2019

A worthy finale! The capstone problem statement encourages creativity and requires good understanding of various parts of the specialization.

By Nicolas A

Oct 26, 2020

The notebooks are well made and clear, and the examples capture different scenarios that are all very representative of frequent situations.

By Abilio R D

Jan 23, 2020

I loved the challenged and freedom that this course gave us to produce our Capstone project. Congrats for this excellent course! thank you.

By Duygu C

Apr 15, 2020

Very useful in terms of applying what you have learned in all the courses in this specialization. Thank you very much for your hard work.

By Advaith G

Sep 26, 2020

It was a great experience to practice everything learnt through the specialization and actually learn what it is to be a data scientist

By Thodoris M

Amazing course. I recommend it without doubt. The final assignment will help you develop, what you have learned the previous courses!!!

By Rohan B

Aug 08, 2019

Lets you do the actual work of working on something you like with all the tools this course has equipped you with in previous courses.

By Akshay D S

Jul 12, 2020

Coursera is the best learning platform I ever used and its best for those who really wanted to enhance their skill.

By Michelle S

Sep 25, 2019

Intense project. Helped me gather all the skills I learned in the courses to create a project I had genuine interest in researching.

By Robert F

Apr 28, 2020

Outstanding. The real-world project at the end gave me tremendous insight as regards Data Science and its many useful applications.