Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with real datasets. You will assume the role of a Data Scientist working for a startup intending to compete with SpaceX, and in the process follow the Data Science methodology involving data collection, data wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, model development, model evaluation, and reporting your results to stakeholders. You are tasked with predicting if the first stage of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will land successfully. SpaceX advertises Falcon 9 rocket launches on its website, with a cost of 62 million dollars; other providers cost upward of 165 million dollars each, much of the savings is because SpaceX can reuse the first stage. Therefore if you can accurately predict the likelyhood of the first stage rocket landing successfully, you can determine the cost of a launch. With the help your Data Science findings and models, the competing startup you have been hired by, can make more informed bids against SpaceX for a rocket launch. This course is the final course in the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate as well as the Applied Data Science with Python Specialization. It is expected that you have completed all of the prior courses in the specialization/certificate before starting this one, as it requires the application of the knowledge and skills taught in those courses. In this course there will not be too much new learning, and instead, the focus will be on hands-on work to demonstrate what you have learned in the previous courses. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

126 - 150 of 717 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Aniruddh M

Aug 9, 2020

This course gives a good overall exposure, in terms of providing the freedom to choose your own set of tasks and explore things on your own, just like any real life projects. I enjoyed it!

By Tsungai J M

Jan 16, 2020

Very challenging but truly rewarding. I learnt a lot through the mistakes I made throughout the project but there is a lot of support on the forum and the internet to help with any issue.

By Ted H

Jul 9, 2019

This is a great course and lots of fun. But it is a big commitment and you need to take it seriously. To get the most out of this course you will need to spend at least 30 hours doing it.

By AKPAN, G E

Feb 9, 2020

What a wonderful way to complete the '9 courses' IBM Data Science Professional Certificate training! Applied Data Science Capstone is the best way to delve into professional experience.

By Florence

May 2, 2020

It is important to improve our knowledge. Project creation is very interesting.

And being able to correct other students, allows you to see other projects and improve your knowledge.

By Ramazan T

Sep 12, 2021

It was a long marathon for me, it lasted about 6.5 months. It was a useful and well-prepared course. I would like to thank all the instructors one by one. Thanks to IBM and Coursera.

By Houssam A

Dec 13, 2019

A real data science projet. This one took me the most time between all other courses in this formation. I is useful and make you work with real problems and searching for real data.

By Zayed R

Sep 18, 2019

Well design course for the Capstone project. It's bit challenges to do complete. Finally got the knowledge to applied the data science technique to find the insight of the data.

By Samy P

Jun 17, 2020

This was a great learning experience for me. I wish to thank every instructor for this course. Thanks again, for putting together a wonderful syllabus and excellent exercises.

By satyagopal k

Jul 15, 2020

ThIs course has given me practical experience in data science concepts and how to use the foursquare api with our projects. Thanks to coursera and the instructor Alex Aklson.

By Filipe S M G

Sep 5, 2019

This is the most difficult and time consuming part of the specialization. However, it gives a feeling that we are working in something meaningful, in a realistic application.

By Jesús A S G

Dec 15, 2020

practice Pandas, API, Folium, Geospacial Data, (libraries), understand how to use clustering, it helped me a lot to review and practice what I learnt in this specialization.

By Jingxia Z

Mar 11, 2020

It is the last one of the 9 courses of IBM Data Science Certificate. It is the hardest one while it helps people check how well they have learnt for the whole certificate!

By Pola A N J

Jun 14, 2020

The assignments were a lot of fun. They were difficult and encouraged me to think like a data scientist, and apply some of the skills picked up over the previous courses.

By Lawrence K

Dec 24, 2019

Very challenging and gives room for the student to apply all they've learnt wrangling, sorting and analysing Data... and using these skills to solve a real-world problem.

By 李政君(Li Z

Nov 8, 2019

Awesome course! The project is real-life and chanllenging, refereshes my understanding of several important data science concepts as well as programing skills through it.

By PRAVEEN K T

Oct 25, 2019

It's a very good course.And, i think this is good for applying your knowledge of machine learning and data visualization which you have gain during the previous courses.

By Cassandra d C

The best course I have taken so far. Report structure at the end could be better and I felt like I needed more than two weeks, but this course teaches self-sufficiency.

By Leon H

Nov 27, 2019

Excellent and challenging. Had great fun doing it. Learned a lot and the capstone project was an interesting way to cover all that was learned. Proud of my achievement.

By Reham A T

Oct 1, 2020

Great way of designing the project through which it wraps up everything I learned during the IBM Data Science Program .. Thanks for all the trainers .. Thanks Coursera

By kiran v

May 8, 2020

This is awesome course which taught me a lot regarding the datascience process and methedolog. Also this is one of the very few courses which teach the foursquares API

By Wilfredo A

Oct 17, 2018

I really feel that I learned a lot in this capstone although I know we have a long way to go. The course helped me keep my motivation up to keep learning Data Science

By Saeed A A Q

May 12, 2020

The best certificate for serious learners. It takes you from zero to hero. Very well structured and presented. Loved the material, the videos and the hands on Labs.

By Matthew L

Dec 16, 2019

This course was fantastic and provided invaluable hands-on experience with data science and machine learning that is immediately applicable to real world projects.

By Alfredo P

Feb 25, 2020

Some quiz answers are wrong and need correction. Overall the course is great, I would recommend improving the project instructions to be more clear and specific.