Back to Biohacking Your Brain's Health

Biohacking Your Brain's Health, Emory University

About this Course

With deteriorating health, particularly brain health, occurring at a global level, this course introduces you to methods for maximizing your brain's fitness through nutrition, exercise, meditation, and sleep. We'll debunk popular myths about prescribed practices for overall health and then uncover studies from the last few decades revealing practical routines and interventions that are proven to help improve the brain. You'll also get a glimpse at the brain's structure and common brain functions, as well as a "prescription" each week of tips for improving your brain's health....

By JD

Mar 11, 2019

Very useful, interesting and inspiring. Some of the things I already knew, but there were plenty historical, medical, scientific facts that enforced it and made me more confident in my knowledge.

By LC

Jan 11, 2019

I'm almost done auditing this course, found it extremely helpful and informative. It really moved me into incorporating the MSBR practice in my daily pursuits.

24 Reviews

By Amaan Cheval

Mar 17, 2019

Professor was a bit robotic in her narration, but the content was top-notch. Lots of reading materials with details that let you explore important topics down to their very depths, at the forefront of the research.

By Prateek Dasgupta

Mar 13, 2019

Great content, would have appreciated a couple more weeks or topics. Hopefully an advanced course in future can be conducted

By Jēkabs Drēska

Mar 11, 2019

By Faizan Khan

Mar 05, 2019

Good Informative Course

By Nicole Metas

Feb 27, 2019

Although this was interesting, I feel like not much was new/updated. I enjoyed the teacher the most during interviews, as she seemed actually engaged and genuine then, vs a robotic during the lectures. I feel I could have mostly read this course without videos at that rate.

By Niki Hoffman

Feb 21, 2019

The format which consists of a series of concise video lectures (less than 10 minutes. Often a few minutes) with additional reading materials was very effective and I was able to sustain the interest through the entire course, and learned deeper on my own pace. I also found some posts by other students in the forum were very useful and they pointed me to the areas that were not covered in this course.

By Mihai Lihatchi

Feb 04, 2019

Interesting gathering of materials. Some of the stuff is already in research but this tends to be hard to aggregate (effects of intermittent fasting and exercise are not news to me, on meditation though it is interesting).

Overall worth studying also the materials/research papers linked.

By Antonio Pinho De

Feb 02, 2019

Thanks for this online course. I have learned a lot from it.

Tips to improve brain health and subsequent quality of life are provided. It's very interesting to understand how nutrition, exercise, meditation and sleep affect brain activity.

A constructive feedback: in the videos (max. 5 min) the lecturer provides a lot of useful information, such as study results, brain structures affected, etc. I think the learning experience with be improved if her descriptions are more complemented with schemes and graphs. For example: when talking about the hippocampus, frontal cortex, (etc.) a brain picture with the location of these brain structures should be presented in the video. That would make it easier to follow for beginners, like me.

By Stefani Verónica Mascayano Mondaca

Jan 21, 2019

THE COURSE WAS EXCELLENT, I LOVED, IT IS A VERY CURRENT INFORMATION, THE EXPLANATION OF NEROLOGY IS VERY CLEAR AND CONCRETE, AS A NUTRITIONIST I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE INVESTIGATIONS ON THE ALTERNATIVES FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT NIGHT.

REGARDS

By subhash babu k

Jan 18, 2019

In terms of content it is a great course, has lot of information, scientific, quite useful for becoming healthier. But in terms of presentation, it is just instructor reading slides. I mean you read the transcript or watch the video there is no difference. They should have done something to engage the viewers.